• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
omg I finally got Special K installed and can access its menu in game but now my 360 wired controller isn't working at all in the game. Does anyone know a setting I need to modify to get my damn controller to work? I wish there was more documentation on this program or maybe I just don't know where to look but no idea why my controller would suddenly stop working!@#$ The Frame cap to 30 does seem to make the game a lot smoother, running around in Duscae with my keyboard just now, so that's cool and appreciated
Ctrl+Shift+Backspace ->

Ucl2yAB.png

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Fixes summons, eh? Should have waited until today before doing Costlemark Tower (had two summons used - both times had to exit the Tower to save before going to title which fixes the problem).

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Ctrl+Shift+Backspace ->

Ucl2yAB.png

Yep I checked that and it was not selected. I ended up having to set my 360 controller up in big picture mode (someone on Steam forums said that's only way they got it working with FF15 I have no idea how/why). When I selected the 360 layout in Big Picture it now works perfectly. So confused lol

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
AMD new driver 18.3.2

Support For

• Final Fantasy® XV
    • Up to 4% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-230
    • Up to 7% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-231
Fixed Issues

• Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
AMD new driver 18.3.2

Support For

• Final Fantasy® XV
    • Up to 4% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-230
    • Up to 7% faster performance playing Final Fantasy® XV using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-231
Fixed Issues

• Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects.

Thanks for the update. I guess I shouldn't even bother with this if I have an HD7850?

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Language
Does that SpecialK mod have that retarded anti pirated system check like it had for nier in order to use?

DrDaxxy

Mar 1, 2018
Report: The pirated version of Final Fantasy XV runs faster/better than the Steam version

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...xv-runs-faster-better-than-the-steam-version/

Now that's interesting. Aw shucks, looks like I'm gonna have to replicate this test after all. Shame I'm busy with IRL stuff at the moment.

That initial load difference seems kind of insane.

That's the part that makes the most sense, really. Even the most charitable speculation about what Denuvo (and Steam, to some extent) does to a game (license acquisition etc. and running through dozens of megabytes of heavily obfuscated loading code) still says it's gonna make loads slow, especially on first run.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Report: The pirated version of Final Fantasy XV runs faster/better than the Steam version

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...xv-runs-faster-better-than-the-steam-version/

This is inconclusive because only one machine is being tested here - there could be a thousand reasons this particular rig is struggling to run the Steam version of the game (or, more specifically, is causing 'stutter'.)

For example, I saw at least one person at the Steam forum trying to troubleshoot his stuttering problem - yet he didn't own the game. Presumably he was playing a pirated copy.

I'm skeptical of the notion that, in general, pirated games typically run better than their counterpart Steam versions. It's the sort of thing the pirates themselves will propagate to clear their consciouses: "Well, there it is... the paying customer gets screwed again... fuck this, I'm pirating this motherfucker."

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have proof of this - that pirates typically have 'better experiences'? How did you gather the data? Where are you getting this information from?

The fact that they don't have to deal with DRM at all other than the mild inconvenience of waiting for a crack. What kind of detective work are you trying to do here? Open up google for fuck sakes.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
Do you have proof of this - that pirates typically have 'better experiences'? How did you gather the data? Where are you getting this information from?

I mean for one if you pirated any Warner Bros games (like Injustice 2 or Shadow of War) you had NO IDEA that Warner Bros games where having Denuvo server issues this past December because they where just able to play the games.

Deleted member 26462

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017

This Is BULLSHIT.

First the Windows store version, now the pirate version, suddenly the Steam version Is the worst of all in the same platform.

I feel so cheated right now that my desire of playing the game has completely vanished.

Hope SE is working on an urgent fix because this Is unbelievable.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Thanks! Appreciate the info. As it turns out, I had it installed the whole time? Despite never going out of my way to download it??

Are you sure? You can turn the « assets » option on? I thought it said it had downloaded it too at first, but I had to manually download it in the end. If your ff15 directory isn't more than 100 gb, then it's not downloaded.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fixed my green screen problem, had to switch to borderless fullscreen.

Also installed the Special K mod, but even with that the game is stuttering with every few feet I'm walking. Is there something else I could try?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they don't have to deal with DRM at all other than the mild inconvenience of waiting for a crack. What kind of detective work are you trying to do here? Open up google for fuck sakes.

What does it mean to 'deal with DRM'?

I don't understand? Can you prove to me that pirates have 'better experiences' than people who pay? I'm skeptical of that.

I simply don't understand what 'dealing with DRM means?'

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The issues are more likely Steam API/Overlay related and less Denuvo related.

Would still be nice if they got rid of Denuvo though since it was made mostly pointless before the game's release.

This.

It seems pretty obvious that this so-called 'report' is flawed, and that the real problem here is a Steam issue. Anytime something like this happens it's yet another excuse for people to pirate games.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
That's the part that makes the most sense, really. Even the most charitable speculation about what Denuvo (and Steam, to some extent) does to a game (license acquisition etc. and running through dozens of megabytes of heavily obfuscated loading code) still says it's gonna make loads slow, especially on first run.
Sure, but 30 seconds vs 3 seconds, that's a massive difference.
If Denuvo is the cause, it certainly makes me wonder how we haven't heard of something like this for the few big games that have officially removed Denuvo. Or did no one think to test (initial) load times on Doom for example?

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
What does it mean to 'deal with DRM'?

I don't understand? Can you prove to me that pirates have 'better experiences' than people who pay? I'm skeptical of that.

I simply don't understand what 'dealing with DRM means?'

I provided proof. DRM can and has disabled paying customers access to their games. The pirated "DRM free" versions have no such issues.

Oct 27, 2017
So here's a new one.

I was tweaking the OC on my video card trying to squeeze some extra frames out and the PC crashed on booting the game. After reboot now steam doesn't recognize the game is installed. All the files are there, it's just not seeing them? I can't verify the game cache either (because as far as it knows, it isn't there).
How bizarre. Is there a way to force a "rescan" of the steam library? Normally I'd just hit ":
I really don't want to have to download ~150GB again...

I would think telling it to redownload would maybe find the files but you can't actually start the process unless you have enough disk space for the download. In this case, I had to SQUEEZE this onto my SSD and I only have 2GB free.

Last edited:

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
There's a new AMD driver which focuses on Final Fantasy XV performance on RX 580 and Vega cards.
I'm on a 470 so, no point in updating, I guess.
Meanwhile, can't update the game via Steam to fix the summon bug. The download stays at "starting" with 0 disk usage forever :/

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
A while back I said I would try manually changing the texture streaming setting in the Config to 2048. Well, I was finally able to play again, and I can confirm that the game runs well on this setting for me. No issues. Also, it seems hitching also has been reduced for the most part. There are still some minor hitches occasionally but the game plays fairly smoothly now besides.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So after trying everything over the past week, and I mean everything, I cannot get rid of microstutter with my 1070 with a locked 30 fps.

DXTory, RTSS, K mod, in game limiter, adjusting every setting from low to high, every nvidia refresh/vsync type, and every combination of all these things.

My test is rotating the camera while standing still. There is a bit more stutter when I have everything cranked to high, but reducing everything to low still gives visible micro hitching while rotating the camera.

If I'm running forward anywhere in Duscae I get the always present microstutter as well as hitching as it loads assets.

Other games run at a rock solid 60 fps at high settings on this machine (tested Prey, Dark Souls 3 and Shadow Warrior 2 just to make sure nothing was wrong with my system).

I'm shelving it for now hoping Square fixes it. This port is really a bit shit.

(I5 7400, 1070ti, 16 gig RAM)

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Are you sure? You can turn the « assets » option on? I thought it said it had downloaded it too at first, but I had to manually download it in the end. If your ff15 directory isn't more than 100 gb, then it's not downloaded.
How strange then. My install folder is indeed smaller than 100GB's (around 83GB's), but Steam does not let me install the pack as it says I already have it.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
The new AMD drivers have 0 impact on my performance (RX 470). I know they said it's been only tested on RX 580 and Vega cards, but still I wouldn't have minded getting closer to 60 fps. I get 50+ mostly (chapter 3 40+).

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Yeah that footage blew my mind at the time. I guess that's because the characters are in a confined environment there. Those wet textures seem taxing enough that they probably had to remove them in the open world.
Maybe this answers why the characters (excluding Noct) only get wet in the opening fight scene since it happens at the same location.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So first time I've run the game with the patch I had the game running for a few hours and never saw VRAM exceed 5GB, highest I thought it got was around 4.5GB. I should've tried it with TurfEffects and Hairworks running but I turned those off when I started it back up to see if it would help also. That said did they screw with LOD (or the TRAM settings) because I did notice issues with textures loading slowly now, hell at one point I had trees that loaded in a flicker a few times before staying when I was relatively nearby riding in the car too.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
So first time I've run the game with the patch I had the game running for a few hours and never saw VRAM exceed 5GB, highest I thought it got was around 4.5GB. I should've tried it with TurfEffects and Hairworks running but I turned those off when I started it back up to see if it would help also. That said did they screw with LOD (or the TRAM settings) because I did notice issues with textures loading slowly now, hell at one point I had trees that loaded in a flicker a few times before staying when I was relatively nearby riding in the car too.
Yup. I too have noticed some texture streaming issues after the patch.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Fixed my green screen problem, had to switch to borderless fullscreen.

Also installed the Special K mod, but even with that the game is stuttering with every few feet I'm walking. Is there something else I could try?

Do you have both a gamepad and KB+M plugged in? I found that the game would constantly try to switch between kb and gamepad input (by looking at the hud and button icons which were flicking back and forth like a madman when i used the gamepad) It was making every input cause a annoying stutter. Fixed it by turning off KB+M inputs in SpecialK.