• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Produces a weird glitch.
c2807acba6.png
Ya I got that one too. Uninstalled it for now.

Kaldaien said:
Hahaha, I'm sorry. I tried and tried to resist the temptation to do that, but the 4-year-old in me loves doing stuff like that.

I'll remove it when it stops being funny; you can delete d3d11_shaders.ini in the meantime.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167168518535998/?ctp=2#c1697167168520159986

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
that kaldein fix, is it possible to use it alongside reshade? noticed both use dxgi.dll

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hope that Dark1x will analyse thoroughly which settings each console version uses (i don't wanna go lower then consoles!)
I will compare with Xbox One X but this is already an overwhelming project as is with too much to cover so I can't really cover all consoles here (I think they mostly use similar settings anyways aside from res).

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only bug I've seen so far is that sometimes when driving the car will start shaking vertically a little and be hard to drive. I've only had it happen twice though.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is very weird
I had way better performance with my 1080 Ti in the demo. Even with VXAO off, I don't have a stable 30 FPS at 4K with everything maxed, nor 1440p gives me a stable 60 FPS anymore in battles.

The heck happened? :(

EDIT:

Could it be from the 4K textures pack?

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Putting TRAM on high makes my 1060 6gb only at 60-65% usage while at highest it goes all the way to 98-99%

Is this how TRAM is supposed to work?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
all Nvidia stuff off, tesselation off, motion blur off, set everything else to high and keep TAA on

One thing i'm noticing is that the full game uses a lot more cpu than the demo, in the latter the cpu usage was 25-35%, in the full game it ranges from 60 to 80% with spikes to 100%

Thanks for the reply!

I had no idea motion blur used resources lol :P

I have my CPU OC'd to 4.2GHz so that should help a little I guess.

To the guys with crazy rigs... Get posting some maxed out 4k screenshots! (without spoilers obviously).

Last edited:

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Putting TRAM on high makes my 1060 6gb only at 60-65% usage while at highest it goes all the way to 98-99%

Is this how TRAM is supposed to work?
Putting TRAM on highest will use just about all of your vram (at least it did for my 8gb card) while high will use about 4 - 5 gb.
If you want you can customize the TextureStreamingMemory value in the GraphicsConfig for some value in between.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
It's Nvidia's own version of AO which is much more accurate than the in-game's version so requires more performance but looks much better. Just make sure not to enable both.

To my knowledge, if you want the full effect, you will want to enable both. VXAO only get's applied to certain large static world space objects. VXAO is too expensive to be applied to anything dynamic, so the screen space solution in the game covers those (ie characters, enemies, npcs, grass, cars, most things lol).

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
To my knowledge, if you want the full effect, you will want to enable both. VXAO only get's applied to certain large static world space objects. VXAO is too expensive to be applied to anything dynamic, so the screen space solution in the game covers those (ie characters, enemies, npcs, grass, cars, most things lol).
You sure? I think what you'll find is that VXAO looks to be less on smaller objects because the in-game AO is a more Screen Space one which just applied the same gradient on everything despite the direction of lighting. For example. you can see VXAO is being applied to the mother and child sitting down here particularly the woman's legs:

(VXAO on, AO off):
http:///E4Hc.jpg

(VXAO off, AO on):
http:///F4Hc.jpg

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently downloading the game via Family Share from a friend, can't wait to mess around with the technical side of things more! :D I will eventually double-dip and grab a PC license for myself but first I want to see how the DLC and mods work out. Looking forward to see VXAO for myself too.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Yep I have the same setup as you, but I turn everything to high except turn AO off (since vxao) and all nvidia works on except for shadow Lib, and thanks to gsync it looks fantastic. I normally get around 60 fps when doing nothing and in the middle of nowhere, 50fps if I'm in towns, and 35-50 during fights.
I think VXAO looks amazing, but it's about a 10 fps drop for me unfortunately. It's one of the few settings that has an immediate and noticeable performance impact. Setting AO to high is just 1-5 fps hit, so not too bad. I'm happy in the 45-60 range for this game with my setup.

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
Thanks for the reply!

I had no idea motion blur used resources lol :P

I have my CPU OC'd to 4.2GHz so that should help a little I guess.

To the guys with crazy rigs... Get posting some maxed out 4k screenshots! (without spoilers obviously).
I don't really remember if these are 4K (on mobile atm) but I really like them. It was definitely worth it buying the game again just for Ansel.

40629725272_52be1fcad2_k.jpg

39776932295_5b4168e463_h.jpg

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
We are supposed to get new nvidia cards in two months or so.

Tbh, it's almost inconsequential until either A) crypto bottoms out or B) NV/AMD specifically design cards to be less efficient for mining or C) something other than GPUs become the more viable strategy for mining.

Don't think any of those three are going to happen in the next two months. Maybe there's a first wave of cards that go for MSRP direct from NV, but the rest will be a retail shit show just like right now.

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking I'm going to just deal with 30FPS. I prefer playing this on my couch and the framerate fluctuation between 50-60FPS paired with the stuttering is bugging me a bit too much.

Anyone else with a 1070 going this route and have some setting recommendations? Bonus if it holds up in chapter 3 onwards.

Mad1723

Oct 27, 2017
That Special K fix is quite something. Game's smooth as a baby's bottom on maxed everything, 1440P with my 1080Ti. The stuttering killed me before, now it's almost completely gone.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Special K fix is quite something. Game's smooth as a baby's bottom on maxed everything, 1440P with my 1080Ti. The stuttering killed me before, now it's almost completely gone.

Everything maxed at 1440P?
I still get drops with Special K fix, and on Chapter 1, apparently chapter 3 is even more heavy