Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how sprouts are already in Stormblood. I'm there at the same time but only because I started with Heavensward base already finished.

I'm not sure what you mean- you don't automatically stop being a sprout till you start Shadowbringers. It's not just based on a certain amount of time played, it's time played + starting the first 5.0.

Though if they're in Shadowbringers stuff (I've seen sprouts in Bozja), then it's a skip or manually rushing through the story (possibly as an alt), yeah.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
You play every day and use any free time out of work it takes about a month to get to Stormblood.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
The Seventh Astral Era Quests feel so boring. No leveling and nearly every quest is go there and speak to a person and then go to another place and talk to another person and then maybe fight. Only good thing is the better gear.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Seventh Astral Era Quests feel so boring. No leveling and nearly every quest is go there and speak to a person and then go to another place and talk to another person and then maybe fight. Only good thing is the better gear.

They were still finding their feet narratively there for sure. I don't think its unplayable or nearly as bad as some people say but it is for sure easily the lowest tier of story quests in the game.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Got my AST to 40, really enjoying it! It's so fun playing as a healer! Somehow, even the stressful moments where the tank pulls so many enemies become kinda fun? As if it was a challenge from the tank to see if I can keep up with the healing, lmao.

We wiped so many times at Cutter's Cry though... Felt really bad about that one. 😭 Even knowing which attacks we should go in or away from, sometimes I just fail to react so I end up dead, lol.
Ifrit was created by Lahabrea. Magic will stick around for forever.
Say what now?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

One of the Tales from the Shadows short stories is about
Elidibus trying to convince Emet-Selch to sign off on letting Azem check out the fire concept Ifrita that was created by Lahabrea so they could contain the fire aether from a volcano that's going to erupt soon to save a villiage near the volcano's base.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Tales from the Shadows | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Official community site for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the crystal tower storyline and much of 2.3

And the music in the crystal tower dungeons...my lawd

Can't wait for 2.4 onwards as this is when people say the narrative really hits its stride!

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Got my AST to 40, really enjoying it! It's so fun playing as a healer! Somehow, even the stressful moments where the tank pulls so many enemies become kinda fun? As if it was a challenge from the tank to see if I can keep up with the healing, lmao.

Personally I hate when a tank rushes and pulls more enemies. I can understand it makes the run faster and usually I can keep the team alive, but so many times they don't even wait for my MP to regen enough.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a good looking (cheap) DarkKnight sword to buy on Market to use the Glamour... Any suggestion?
Btw I am lvl 70

signal

Oct 28, 2017
People complain about Chaos, but Plus was the bane of my collection journey. Plus and E12N.
Plus is the worst. Plus the obvious illegal decks. Like this trash

s7vADgw.png

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
We wiped so many times at Cutter's Cry though... Felt really bad about that one. 😭 Even knowing which attacks we should go in or away from, sometimes I just fail to react so I end up dead, lol.
Good practice for if you ever try to clear all of POTD. The 181-189 set of floors has the boss of Cutter's Cry patrolling around like any other mob, one of the most dangerous enemies in the entire thing. They're in HoH on 81-89, too.

You can't say much. You've been grinding Eureka for the last three weeks! Heavensward relics are a lot easier and faster than Eureka relics.
Eureka just also happens to be the best place to get all the Poetics you need for the Animas.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the general protocol for PotD using Duty Finder? I'm starting from Level 1. Is it expected to do 10 floors at a time, up to 50, or what?

I want to do it but it feels way more open ended than doing a normal dungeon.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the general protocol for PotD using Duty Finder? I'm starting from Level 1. Is it expected to do 10 floors at a time, up to 50, or what?

Clear 1-50 once so that you unlock starting at 51-60, then for exp just run 51-60 (party, not solo) over and over.

EDIT: And the unlocking 51-60 thing isn't job dependent, you just need to do it once in general.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

You do ten floors, beat the boss at the end, and leave. You repeat that until you hit 51-60, and you grind that over and over for XP. If you want to go further than that, you make a party finder for whatever you want.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
You do ten floors, beat the boss at the end, and leave. You repeat that until you hit 51-60, and you grind that over and over for XP. If you want to go further than that, you make a party finder for whatever you want.

So if I join a party, beat the boss of Level 10, leave the dungeon and come back another day will the Duty Finder start me at Level 10?

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Minfinia is such a useless damsel in distress, always getting kidnapped. Shame that Moenbryda died as she felt more interesting character.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just started playing month ago... How many days to get anima final weapon?

First off: are you on the trial? I would not advise doing this at level 60 because it will be far, far faster if you can run the required duties unsynced.

That being said: it depends entirely on your existing resources imo. If you have various currencies sitting around (poetics mainly, but also crafting/gathering scrips, beast tribe tokens, GC and hunt seals, etc. all can help lower the poetic cost significantly, as well as some obscure items you may or may not have a few of already) it's largely just doing a lot a list of unsynced stuff and dumping out those currencies. If you have to farm tons of poetics and such, it could be a lot longer. Especially since you can lower the poetics cost in some steps by doing daily/weekly quests as well.

Though it's worth considering that it's easier to make additional weapons than it is for the first one (which is true for relics in general), since you can't burn poetics on some of these items until you've gotten to the step the first time. Afterwards you can just do that whenever you don't have anything to spend poetics on. Similarly, you can casually keep doing those daily/weeklies (since they're just about running roulettes) to stockpile items in advance of the next one.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just do all of these:

It's a very simple 14 step process (with some steps that have a dozen substeps)

(don't do this)

I do wish I'd known about all of this stuff sooner, I definitely spent a lot of Tomestones into very low yield junk to put on the MB when I could've been collecting stuff for an Anima.

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
So…I need to do the "An Illuminati incident" quest in heavensward, it should be a solo synced quest but I'm now stuck in a queue screen from 25 minutes and I'm still #20 in line. Is it normal?

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
Ive never heard of this happening
There are people in the chat saying they're in queue from 45 minutes and some players are telling me now that for this quest is normal…
Fuck, number 9 (I'm 15 now) is in queue from a hour

edit: looks like it was a server issue, after 55 minutes while it showed #13 in line it just unlocked and now i'm in...yay!

Last edited:

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
There are people in the chat saying they're in queue from 45 minutes and some players are telling me now that for this quest is normal…
Fuck, number 9 (I'm 15 now) is in queue from a hour

edit: looks like it was a server issue, after 55 minutes while it showed #13 in line it just unlocked and now i'm in...yay!
What data center are you on? Aether or one of the euro ones?

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
I really love big fishing here, but having caught up and actually working on current patch fishing is the best. Constantly run into the same people at fishing holes all over the worlds, all hunting the same goal. Cheering each other on and commiserating when you inevitably miss a window.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
First off: are you on the trial? I would not advise doing this at level 60 because it will be far, far faster if you can run the required duties unsynced.

That being said: it depends entirely on your existing resources imo. If you have various currencies sitting around (poetics mainly, but also crafting/gathering scrips, beast tribe tokens, GC and hunt seals, etc. all can help lower the poetic cost significantly, as well as some obscure items you may or may not have a few of already) it's largely just doing a lot a list of unsynced stuff and dumping out those currencies. If you have to farm tons of poetics and such, it could be a lot longer. Especially since you can lower the poetics cost in some steps by doing daily/weekly quests as well.

Though it's worth considering that it's easier to make additional weapons than it is for the first one (which is true for relics in general), since you can't burn poetics on some of these items until you've gotten to the step the first time. Afterwards you can just do that whenever you don't have anything to spend poetics on. Similarly, you can casually keep doing those daily/weeklies (since they're just about running roulettes) to stockpile items in advance of the next one.

Thanks for the tips...
I am not on trial anymore... I have a 70 Dark Knight and 66 Black Mage.
I got the weapon with Crystal today (I already have 10 of each Unidentifiables).
Now I will start to do the dungeons...Maybe unsynced lvl 70 DK is faster? Or should I keep with a party?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ugh, who in the heck decided that main storyline progression should be blocked by not one, but three mandatory dungeons in immediate succession?

I just want to putter around and have fun. Don't subject me to other players. :(

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips...
I am not on trial anymore... I have a 70 Dark Knight and 66 Black Mage.
I got the weapon with Crystal today (I already have 10 of each Unidentifiables).
Now I will start to do the dungeons...Maybe unsynced lvl 70 DK is faster? Or should I keep with a party?

Definitely unsynced is much much faster. A lot of the dungeons are only level 50 so you should have no problem killing most thing fast; the problem is just that there are some specific bosses with gimmicks that are hard to do solo, so you need to do enough damage that you kill them fast enough that it doesn't matter - I think it's Satasha Hard and Lost City of Amdapor that have them?

I was honestly about to do most of the things in the list just fine in the mid-60s as MCH (which I leveled up to 60 specifically to start the relic), but those bosses were a problem. As a level 70 DRK I think you should be fine, especially if the level 70 gear has a good ilvl. Worst case if you can't beat the bosses you can just do those ones synced in a party.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Ugh, who in the heck decided that main storyline progression should be blocked by not one, but three mandatory dungeons in immediate succession?

I just want to putter around and have fun. Don't subject me to other players. :(

The Crystal Tower didn't used to be mandatory. They made them mandatory in 5.2 for reasons you'll understand later.

Status
Not open for further replies.