Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Okay time to make some money now I'll craft a couple crafting chest pieces and put them on the marketboard. I see the sell for over 500K so I'll sell it at that much and wait.

*Unlocks quest leading to new beast tribe quest then unlocks quest*

*Goes to check marketboard only to see someone undercut all the way down to over 300K*

I HATE IT HERE!!!

Unless you're gonna play the undercut game you're gonna have to be willing to just set your price (based on not only how much the lowest is RIGHT NOW but how much it normally sells for) and just stick to it.

I drove myself batty selling a MNK primal weapon that was always ALWAYS out of stock on my MB for a time. I was able to sell it for 800k with no one else around so I made another ... then someone noticed and I had the old undercutting fight. I won once or twice, undercutting them by 20K 5mins before the next buyer came. But then others started coming and the price went down to 450k, only a lil more than the key mat was going for. And of course people were buying them.

So I set my last to 800k and said fuck it. A week later it was gone.

If you're trying to make money from crafting you're better off selling to crafters through annoying mats they need to craft or to PvE players through gear. Selling a highlevel crafter's gear is gonna be a rare sell unless there's a reason to think there's gonna be an influx of new level 80 or w/e crafters and if they're into crafting it's prob for the gil ... so if they're smart they will server hop to look for the best deal if they don't think they can craft HQ crafter gear themselves.

That's what I just did to upgrade my gather gear ... saved about 1.5 mil or more by recording prices and server hoping to find the server with the lowest priced HQ for each slot.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Man Square aren't really being helpful. They are telling me they can't unlink an account from my own because the account I want to link is from a different region.

Does that even matter? All they have to do is unlink and I can do the rest. What a weird system they've made with this. Making it seem like I won't be able to ever play this on my PS4

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, set a reasonable price, and stick with it. Unless the market just craters, it'll sell eventually, and it's not really worth playing the undercut game, imo.

That said, be bold in your undercut if all you want is to sell quickly/have someone buy you out. Money's money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SE really piss me off by not including this in the game questlines. ughhhhhhhh

Why do that when they can charge people? :^)

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghhh...fucking hate playing with japanese pugs. So quick to call abandon. It's a goddamn clear group for new contents, fucking play it until timer runs out!!!
any secret to ocean fishing? im follow some infographics
imgur.com

Infographics for FFXIV Ocean Fishing

27344 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet
but dam, me and my buddies are having a hard time to even proc the spectural current
It's luck really. To have better chance, make sure you're in a group that knows how to or at least try to get procs.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Urghhh...fucking hate playing with japanese pugs. So quick to call abandon. It's a goddamn clear group for new contents, fucking play it until timer runs out!!!

It's luck really. To have better chance, make sure you're in a group that knows how to or at least try to get procs.
you on jp dc?

i guess ppl pick up mechanic quick and once they know it well enough and know the ship any going anywhere, they look for another group /phase
i know i was like that when i progged shinryu ex at release.

havent played tank but only dps and healer on ruby ex. healer has the move shit to do when it comes to ppl messing up with mechanic and need heal or rez. otherwise it very scripted.

i progged as dps first but too many shitty healers on ruby ex that cant even get pass cut and run or whatever that mechanic that ruby does after tele, 2 stack, etc.
it forced me tp gear up my whm to 470 and prog to clear with a friend.

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit I got lucky. I joined an ocean fishing instance, left after no spectral current cause someone else in the party left, went back in. Got 3x spectral current.

ffxiv_02242020_014422_530.png
wait the recruitment still active if u leave before the first area is over? or u mean u went back in another 2 hrs later?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
you on jp dc?

i guess ppl pick up mechanic quick and once they know it well enough and know the ship any going anywhere, they look for another group /phase
i know i was like that when i progged shinryu ex at release.
Yeah, Tonberry --- which is essentially unofficial english speaking server in Elemental data center for southeast asian and australian players. Problem with their attitude is that it'll only take like 3-5 wipes for someone to start an abandon, it's ridiculous.
Going to be a while before I attempt to get that shark mount since I have to get Fisher to a higher level.
You can start at lv1 actually and you'll level up super quick. I've seen some lv8 player goes up to lv20+ after it's done.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't even unlocked the boat yet. I've never been a fan of fishing. It's too confusing. I'm not smart enough for it.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
imgur.com

but dam, me and my buddies are having a hard time to even proc the spectural current
Go for the spectral current-triggering fish. Once/if it's activated, switch to Plump Worm and Double Hook any !! or !!! catches. Use Hi-Cordial to squeeze an extra one in. If there's time left after the spectral current runs out, try and go for the Fisher's Intuition rare.

I was only able to get it when I was lucky enough to get a spectral current in each area, so you're probably at the mercy of RNG. Remember that there's only a chance to trigger the current when someone catches the fish, it's not guaranteed.

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
The new savage tier seems fun so far. Apart from E7S. Fuck that fight.

Hoping to get back into TEA at some point and nab another weapon soon. Need that PLD set.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is the SHB folklore book for fishing worth it?

Fish don't seem to sell much on the market board or desynth well. I'm a culinarian though so..

Last edited:

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
E5-8N runs were a lot better than I expected Week 2 runs to be. Zero wipes across all four fights. People knew basically all the mechanics in every fight. I won the E8 minion with a 60. Worst thing that happened was some stinky cat snake from Lamia called me "ash cabbage". Good stuff.

Also, I sold my soul to Yoshi-P and bought the new Y'shtola outfit. Looks real good.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Man, I was stuck for a little bit on EV7 normal. Got this tier done before reset though. I guess I should go unlock ruby weapon fight now.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The changes they did to levequests for ARR are really nice and I appreciate them because I'm in the process of getting all my chars to level50 on all crafting jobs.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I have a, perhaps somewhat silly, question. I'm mostly playing FF14 on and off, but I definitely know that I won't be able to play in the upcoming months and rather want to pause my subscription for the time being. That being said: I'm also on the second highest current veteran reward tier, only missing 90 more days until I get the Squall outfit for glamour and stuff. What if I stop my subscription now? Does the veteran reward start counting anew and I would have to sub for a total of 330 days again to reach that tier or does it just pause and once I renew my sub I still only need the 90 days left? Does anyone have an idea?

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I have a, perhaps somewhat silly, question. I'm mostly playing FF14 on and off, but I definitely know that I won't be able to play in the upcoming months and rather want to pause my subscription for the time being. That being said: I'm also on the second highest current veteran reward tier, only missing 90 more days until I get the Squall outfit for glamour and stuff. What if I stop my subscription now? Does the veteran reward start counting anew and I would have to sub for a total of 330 days again to reach that tier or does it just pause and once I renew my sub I still only need the 90 days left? Does anyone have an idea?
the veteran reward will pause and resume when u resub. it wont restart

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I don't know if I can hang with this game's day/night cycle. The world is so hard to see at night, and it looks so uninteresting/bland, that it's really putting me off from playing the game. Is this just bad on PS4, or does it more-or-less look the same on PC? Will I get used to it?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't know if I can hang with this game's day/night cycle. The world is so hard to see at night, and it looks so uninteresting/bland, that it's really putting me off from playing the game. Is this just bad on PS4, or does it more-or-less look the same on PC? Will I get used to it?
I mean, there's stuff like Reshade on PC, which could help it look less "bland" color wise, but it looks more or less the same on PC. The world (especially ARR areas) look undetailed because this game was originally designed for the PS3 being the lowest common denominator hardware.

I've never heard of someone being so off put by just the world, though. This is an MMO, and this is basically what every MMO overworld looks like, give or take.

Whether or not you'll get used to it isn't a question anyone but you can answer. I don't think the vast majority of people had anything to get used to. Like, it definitely looks like a 6.5 year old MMO designed with the PS3 being the lowest common denominator, but it isn't offensively ugly.

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I mean, there's stuff like Reshade on PC, which could help it look less "bland" color wise, but it looks more or less the same on PC. The world (especially ARR areas) look undetailed because this game was originally designed for the PS3 being the lowest common denominator hardware.

I've never heard of someone being so off put by just the world, though. This is an MMO, and this is basically what every MMO overworld looks like, give or take.

Whether or not you'll get used to it isn't a question anyone but you can answer. I don't think the vast majority of people had anything to get used to. Like, it definitely looks like a 6.5 year old MMO designed with the PS3 being the lowest common denominator, but it isn't offensively ugly.

Sorry, just to clarify, I was speaking *only* about the way the game looks at night, which ends up feeling so much longer than the daytime. I think the game world is really interesting but the day/night cycle gives me so little time to actually appreciate it. :/

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Sorry, just to clarify, I was speaking *only* about the way the game looks at night, which ends up feeling so much longer than the daytime. I think the game world is really interesting but the day/night cycle gives me so little time to actually appreciate it. :/
If how it looks at night is your only problem, I think Reshade might help quite a bit. Can't personally vouch for it though, I leave my graphics unmodded as I prioritize framerate. I've never, ever had a problem seeing at night though, maybe you need to fiddle with your brightness/contrast settings

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Oct 25, 2017
Tried doing some more Ruby EX and it made me realize how lucky I was with my initial groups. There's far too many people who clearly don't really know what they are doing but still want to trash talk random people over stuff that doesn't even matter. We had one death on phase 2 and wiped to enrage and people immediately started shitting on that person instead of acknowledging that everyone was doing poorly.

A special shout goes to the partial premade party that spent the entire 60 minutes circle-jerking each other over how good they were despite constantly dying to everything + failing to meet enrage multiple times and then dropping a snarky "maybe you should try actually healing instead of just spamming broil :)))))" right before leaving despite the fact that I was spamming every heal I possibly could + resurrections the entire fight since their healer wasn't doing much and everyone kept getting hit by stuff. And we maybe had a single wipe that could have been prevented with more healing.

I don't get it. If you want to trash talk at least pick a mistake that actually happened. It's not like there weren't plenty to chose from.

Sorry for venting but stuff like that just makes me incredibly angry.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Tried doing some more Ruby EX and it made me realize how lucky I was with my initial groups. There's far too many people who clearly don't really know what they are doing but still want to trash talk random people over stuff that doesn't even matter. We had one death on phase 2 and wiped to enrage and people immediately started shitting on that person instead of acknowledging that everyone was doing poorly.

A special shout goes to the partial premade party that spent the entire 60 minutes circle-jerking each other over how good they were despite constantly dying to everything + failing to meet enrage multiple times and then dropping a snarky "maybe you should try actually healing instead of just spamming broil :)))))" right before leaving despite the fact that I was spamming every heal I possibly could + resurrections the entire fight since their healer wasn't doing much and everyone kept getting hit by stuff. And we maybe had a single wipe that could have been prevented with more healing.

I don't get it. If you want to trash talk at least pick a mistake that actually happened. It's not like there weren't plenty to chose from.

Sorry for venting but stuff like that just makes me incredibly angry.
People telling me to heal more infuriates me. I got kicked out of Copied Factory once because I was apparently using Glare too much and not healing enough. Almost everyone got one shot by that pushback plus rotating red bomb mechanic so since I was the only surviving healer they blamed me. Can't heal people who are dead. It's one thing if someone dies because they weren't topped off after raid wide damage, that's my bad and it's happened before. But if your HP got fucked because you failed a mechanic or keep failing mechanics, don't get mad that I failed to save your ass. Most deaths in my experience in harder content are caused by people failing mechanics, not because there isn't enough healing. Luckily, I rarely encounter people who blame the healers. In fact, today I was in an E5S loot group where at some point EVERYONE fucked up when we all try to save someone. It was kinda nice seeing everyone admit that they all fucked up there and got tunnel vision. But it always sucks when one or two people fuck up and the trash talking starts.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really gets on my nerves when the first thing people do is blame the healers. It's an issue in every mmo and majority of the time a huge excuse for their own screwups. They need to push the blame somewhere, and where better than the people that try to keep you alive? I always get a bit nervous when I switch to healing...

As a DPS main myself, in the occasions that I do screw up I actually will apologize specifically to the healers that have to raise my ass. More times than not healers get my comms too.

That's not to say a healer can't screw up. I've seen healers that actually do no healing and let people die to the raidwide damage. I myself have been victim to my life slowly fading away to raidwide damage and that will in fact anger me. Then you got the ones that stand and do nothing at all unless a heal needs to go out. Like, ya gotta do something man, lol.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
imgur.com

I got it as a level 50 Fisher.
It's just straight RNG. Get 3 Rainbow waters and cross them fingers ... or get 2 rainbows and be better than "ok" I guess and cross them fingers.

I might just buy this for the head gear.
The ear rings go with my character's hair.

Would have loved for the top to have been like a teaser for the Mage relic armor so that we could dye it instead of it just being a char-glam. Not against the color, I just don't see the value in big top glam I can't dye.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Hey all. Just started playing again and decided to use my MCH.. Anyone have a good guide for rotation and ability queue?

Thanks

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Why do that when they can charge people? :^)

not my first time I complain about mog station exclusives. Prices are far too high for these outfits and here we are In a game with incredible lore and backstories. All I'm saying is that they should really REALLY reward us with better glamour. Some glamour are topnotch but mogstation always has the super pretty ones and mostly npc outfits. Technically SE is smart to offer it for real money but it still pisses me off the most about this game because quest rewards are super generic. Would be cool if we had a scion quest line similar to the Scholastic quests we got way back in HW where we can get one of their unique outfits. Problem is though SE keeps listening to anyone on their official forums saying I'll buy x for money. It just makes glamours in game sometimes far too boring.

And I know what you're gonna say.... if I wantit so badly then just shell out the 18 dollars or whatever right? Hell no not for that amount of money

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still waiting for Lyse's second Stormblood outfit. That would be a good DNC glamour.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Are the professional's Gathering gear worth it if you already have Facet Gear? doesn't look like you can slot materias to the Professional gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.