Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to level my WAR finally that I apparently haven't touched since HW.
Lmao seems like there might have been changes rip fracture
unknown.png

Warrior had so many changes, it's crazy lol. I do like the current version though, it's simple and yet you feel like a badass. Actually even more now since you can't die.

Primal Rend is amazing, makes you feel like a Dragoon with an axe.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I've had mixed results. The vast majority of my 4 player dungeons seem to wait until the cutscenes are done though, especially since it's only 10-20 seconds tops. On the other hand, people will actively pull like crazy if they have the chance in MSQ style stuff, so the devs will never have mid dungeon cutscenes like that again outside of solo instances, only the beginning and end.

I also heard that Coil shenanigans (specifically Turn 2), is why boss fights are pretty much all no items fox only final destination platforms now, but I haven't verified that myself.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I've seen that much as of late.

Though I play 99% the time as Paladin so in content where that can happen... I just don't pull and no one else is going to pull.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Though I play 99% the time as Paladin so in content where that can happen... I just don't pull and no one else is going to pull.

I've absolutely had players of all sorts run ahead of the party before. Had a healer run forward alone recently after a dps said 'brb bathroon 1sec' and the rest of us stopped. He just pulled like 6 mobs, died and quit near the end of the dungeon. Bizarre stuff.

Will never understand people who rush ahead of tanks.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When did the community flip on cutscene watching? I can't remember if it was 1.0 or 2.0, but I'm sure I remember a time where if you tried watching the cutscenes in dungeons people would get annoyed and tell you to watch it at an inn or on youtube. Nowadays, they may pull without waiting, but I've never seen anyone actually say anything about it.

Was it just a change in the harassment rules at some point or did I completely imagine all this?
I see even more than that where people will get called out for starting fights when someone is still in cutscene. I assume it was at least shb that the switch happens. I've never seen anyone ever get yelled at for watching cutscenes, but I've only been playing since 5.3.

Last edited:

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017

I mainly play Scholar so kind of the same, I don't know how many people may have pulled while I was in a cutscene if they weren't going to lose their healer.

Though generally I see the tanks wait for any DPS that are in cutscenes.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I see even more than that where people will get called out for starting fights when someone is still in cutscene. I assume it was at least shb that the switch happens. I've never seen anyone ever get yelled at for watching cutscenes.
I saw that happen only before HW, never after the expansions started coming out.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
This is a really funny post to me. I feel like the WoL is about as much of the focus as they have ever been. In ShB, the whole journey revolves around something only rhey can specifically do and the ramifications thereof, and in EW you're a time traveling super human that creates a closed time loop in order for you, pretty much by yourself, to take on the final big bad. Like the story revolves around you imo, and you have more personality than ever.

Alphianaud and Alisaie have always been pretty much the main characters outside of you though.. Hell, ARR and HW is practically the Alphinaud show(not that I minded) and you're along for the ride.

Ok yeah I was definitely misremembering some things about Shadowbringers but for Endwalker it really felt to me they had a focus. Likely due to all the Sharlyan stuff and their part in Garlemald.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
There are people in this very forum who straight up said said they would leave Roulettes whenever they got Alexanders, or leave Aurum Vale the moment they got to level 50. As much as I love having variation in dungeon/raid design, I totally don't trust the playerbase on this.
Honestly Aurum is pretty easy and these days, unless someone literally catapults themselves in the middle of the first room and agroes the whole place it's pretty much impossible to wipe.

The dungeon itself is like 5 rooms lol, way batter than Copperbell and the one with the photocells.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished MSQ.
Did this track got cut?:

Was looking forward to it '^^

It plays when you visit Radz-at-han after the MSQ.

Edit: wait, I think it's slightly different. This one uses the main Endwalker theme but in game it has the Radz-at-Han theme. Maybe I missed it.

Last edited:

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
The Scions will possibly be back right from 6.1 start, I'm nearly 100% sure, unless they do something different this time.

This due two main reasons: someone needs to do the most extense talking for us during main quests, but especially due game mechanics/system. Even if the next patch is not necessarily a direct part of the finished saga, as a product it's still part of the Endwalker expansion cycle, that let's you use these characters during dungeons via the Trust option. Since 0.1 patchs usually brings a new one, it's extremelly likely they'll be available - unless a very specific situation (like Ktsis)

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
People just don't talk anymore, even for yelling at others lol

idk about that, was in a Hydealyn pf clearly marked {practice} and had a healer who got extremely mad at someone messing up a mechanic and quitting, not sure what he expected in a practice party. If there's one thing you can count on is people rage quitting.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The Scions will possibly be back right from 6.1 start, I'm nearly 100% sure, unless they do something different this time.

This due two main reasons: someone needs to do the most extense talking for us during main quests, but especially due game mechanics/system. Even if the next patch is not necessarily a direct part of the finished saga, as a product it's still part of the Endwalker expansion cycle, that let's you use these characters during dungeons via the Trust option. Since 0.1 patchs usually brings a new one, it's extremelly likely they'll be available - unless a very specific situation (like Ktsis)
I think we will only see a few at most. As of the end of EW we had 7 companions with us.

Going forward I wouldn't be surprised if we only have 2-3 alongside us is in our adventures until potentially the next huge arc happens.

Like if we go to Garlemald and try something there, I bet we'll be with the twins and Graha. I think Graha is coming with us no matter where we go.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we'll be in breather mode for at least one expansion pack so we'll likely get chunks of the Scions (twins, G'raha, maybe Estinien) + companions from the new place we're going to.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think we will only see a few at most. As of the end of EW we had 7 companions with us.

Going forward I wouldn't be surprised if we only have 2-3 alongside us is in our adventures until potentially the next huge arc happens.

Like if we go to Garlemald and try something there, I bet we'll be with the twins and Graha. I think Graha is coming with us no matter where we go.

Simping is dynamis-related so graha will eventually be the most powerful being on the planet

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about trusts, G'raha and the twins would be enough right? They could revert Alph back to summoner if you're a healer?

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
I take it seven will be the default number of Trusts for the future, as well. We saw this expac they expanded in an idea that was experimented with during Bozja questline, when we did the Varis duty having all of them them fighting alongiside us as a eight part team.

6.0 amplified that direction, actually implementing it directly into MSQ as a Trust Trial per se. Very likely SE also took the opportunity to test waters more prominently. As it is being well received, it might remain.

Btw, from another perspective, Bozja was kinda interesting in these elements. Parts os the Dynamis concept were revealed there - the raw emotions, for example kinda resemble it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
idk about that, was in a Hydealyn pf clearly marked {practice} and had a healer who got extremely mad at someone messing up a mechanic and quitting, not sure what he expected in a practice party. If there's one thing you can count on is people rage quitting.

Well I was thinking more about roulettes. I already avoid doing EX stuff unless it's a very close group of people just in case lol

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be really exciting to see what SE comes up with for a threat for the WoL and friends in MSQ2.

We've eliminated the Garleans, the Ascians, Zodiark, beast tribes, and even regular primals thanks to the news shadow-dropped in Endwalker that the beast tribes can now summon "safe" versions of them and no longer need fear tempering. Just about anyone who was an antagonist in the story up to now has been eliminated, defeated, or befriended.

The story is now wide open and they can come up with pretty much anything they want to going forward. I'm sure they'll start off at a smaller scale than the end of the universe and work their way back up again, and it's going to be great to go back to more grounded stories again.

Last edited:

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished MSQ.
Did this track got cut?:

Was looking forward to it '^^

The 'song of hope' melody was originally used in all of the town music reveals , but I think Soken may have preferred the 'flow' melody so all the theme changed to that. If you look at the original sharlayan theme at the reveal, it also used the 'song of hope' melody, but was also changed to Flow.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The 'song of hope' melody was originally used in all of the town music reveals , but I think Soken may have preferred the 'flow' melody so all the theme changed to that. If you look at the original sharlayan theme at the reveal, it also used the 'song of hope' melody, but was also changed to Flow.
Which is disappointing. I was really looking forward to a full blown version of the song, which never manifests.

Last edited:

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
My theory re: the rest of the universe is the game's past to present timeline is taking place at a later stage in life within the universe. By this point (I forget how many billions of years are predicted to pass before all galaxies become terminally distant and light fails to reach between them, it's before that happens but long past 21st century Earth in our middle aged universe), all or most civilizations that were or ever will be have come and gone, even before Hermes sending the Meteia out into the cosmos. There's some hope sprinkled in with Meteion going to restore the ambient aether currents of planets throughout the universe to undo some of the damage she wrought, but by and large most sentient life that ever will have been born has by this point ceased to be.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Labrynthos theme is slightly different too. Instead of a cazoo kinda thing in it's preview they changed it to a violin

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be really exciting to see what SE comes up with for a threat for the WoL and friends in MSQ2.

We've eliminated the Garleans, the Ascians, Zodiark, beast tribes, and even regular primals thanks to the news shadow-dropped in Endwalker that the beast tribes can now summon "safe" versions of them and no longer need fear tempering. Just about anyone who was an antagonist in the story up to now has been eliminated, defeated, or befriended.

The story is now wide open and they can come up with pretty much anything they want to going forward. I'm sure they'll start off at a smaller scale than the end of the universe and work their way back up again, and it's going to be great to go back to more grounded stories again.

We're never going to escape them. I refuse to believe it till we get to a new expac.
I'm detecting a large security force heading your way Tenno WoL. It's the Grineer Ascians.

Personally hoping we don't b-line for meracydia, tried of mopey dragons.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
Btw, from another perspective, Bozja was kinda interesting in these elements. Parts os the Dynamis concept were revealed there - the raw emotions, for example kinda resemble it.
The DNC quests are probably the first time Dynamis gets introduced. It's all about a thing called the Totentanz; a phenomenon that causes people with a lot of fear and anger in their hearts to become taken over by dark "aether" that causes violent behaviour. I'm not sure if the writers were already aware that they were gonna introduce Dynamis at that point, but in retrospect it's clear that that's what it is.

We're never going to escape them. I refuse to believe it till we get to a new expac.
I'm detecting a large security force heading your way Tenno WoL. It's the Grineer Ascians.

I really doubt we'll see more of the Ascians. Maybe in some side-content at most. They're very much linked to the whole Hydaelyn and Zodiark story and that's over with. There could potentially still be a couple of sundered Ascians around, and we don't yet know the specialties of three Convocation members, but they're not gonna make big story content around that.

I agree on Meracydia, I'd really like a break from dragons for now. I personally still really want to learn more about Gelmorra and the Duskwights, that seemed to have been where 1.0 was leading to, but I doubt we'll ever touch on that stuff again.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

It's possible but I doubt it. I think they're done with that whole storyline. Why advertise it as a whole new storyline if they're going to reuse the same old ideas? And for that matter, why do so many players seem to want the same old ideas, i.e. all these people wanting Zenos to come back? Baffling.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We are definitely still going to learn more about Azem as we travel to new places. Them being a traveler too, it will essentially be a journey of self-discovery as we learn what sort of effect they had on the world.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only ascian stuff we will see in the future is discovering the other sundered ascians along our journeys . Not as primary foils but just characters we may meet . Do we know the whereabouts of ascians like Altima or Pashtarot ?

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
ERA waiting for 7.0: No more ascians or Zenos, lets go!
7.0 intro:
EM-aYgvU0AAaXQH.jpg%3Alarge

Jokes aside I also hope we're done with literally every narrative arc we've dealt with thus far including our current scions, eorzea alliance etc.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
ERA waiting for 7.0: No more ascians or Zenos, lets go!
7.0 intro:
EM-aYgvU0AAaXQH.jpg%3Alarge

Jokes aside I also hope we're done with literally every narrative arc we've dealt with thus far including our current scions, eorzea alliance etc.
I don't get the joke, I think.

I think the only ascian stuff we will see in the future is discovering the other sundered ascians along our journeys . Not as primary foils but just characters we may meet . Do we know the whereabouts of ascians like Altima or Pashtarot ?
Nope. Some people have speculated that Gaius killed them because he has two red masks on his belt, but who knows.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did Gaius kill red masked ascians anyway? Did he know of white auracite? I don't think it's widespread knowledge.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
How the fuck did Gaius kill red masked ascians anyway? Did he know of white auracite? I don't think it's widespread knowledge.

You can do anything in XIV if you're badass enough.
We'll probably find out more as time goes on, he's likely going to show up where Garlemald is involved after all.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does the WoL realize they are Azem? Do they just know because we the player know?

Cause no character actually goes "dude…you're Azem!" afaik

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
Does the WoL realize they are Azem? Do they just know because we the player know?

Cause no character actually goes "dude…you're Azem!" afaik
At this point the WoL would have to be really dumb not to realise it. Doesn't Hythlodaeus pretty much tell you that when he gives you the crystal in Amaurot?

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't the pople on the Source people get memories of the Final Days from watching the burning skies, and receive the Echo? Though to be honest I really disliked that plot point and was fine with it not making a return.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Nothing to suggest that don't understand it. They would learn at the same time as us during Seat of Sacrifice.
I guess yeah
At this point the WoL would have to be really dumb not to realise it. Doesn't Hythlodaeus pretty much tell you that when he gives you the crystal in Amaurot?
I don't know (I only remember him calling the player "new-old friend" or something) but I assume being able to use Azem's crystal should be enough of a hint