Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
TBH, you can say the same about a whole bunch of the people who stream the game too. It's been pretty bad for the past year, especially since there's a subset purposefully trying to rile up the community in order to increase their engagement.
For sure. I started noticing it early on in Endwalker's patch cycle when you had numerous content creators catastrophizing the state of Machinist a year or so ago. Those same creators just move from one minor grievance to another, painting each as a disaster that is destroying the game. Has there been a change to Black Mage? Here are four videos about how the job is now dead. It's becoming embarrassingly predictable.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not on Twitter, I'm not on Reddit, I don't watch streamers. I never know what's going on and it's awesome.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The healers complaining have good points and completely legitimate things to complain about in terms of the continuing obsolescence of healing in the game leading to boring gameplay in optimized environments. It's just weird to try and drum up support for collective action now, when they actually have added a bit more play to some of the kits, and we have no window onto how stuff in Dawntrail is going to be adjusted to match all the new mitigation tools everyone got, beyond a level 81 dungeon getting cleared in artifact gear. As I've said before, I'm not exactly holding my breath that we'll suddenly have to be healing way more, but at least give the expansion a chance.

And then yes, if we don't have to press any buttons in the trials and endgame dungeons because they gave every tank 40% mitigation + extra effects but then didn't make bosses or trash do any more damage comparitively, then yes, then it might be time to drum up a PF healer strike for Savage launch in six weeks. But then that might happen naturally if people aren't enjoying the jobs.

It is funny you could also see the same general result if they do crank up the damage, parties start dying and blaming the healers because DPS/tanks don't know what group mitigation buttons are, and then healers switch jobs not wanting to deal with that pressure. Which you saw happen a bit in P5S - P8S with all the tremendously spicy bleeds.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
IDK honestly I feel like a lot of complaints some FF players have would be ironed out if they just stfu and played wow also but you suggest that and they give you the no i want MY THING TO BE LIKE THAT

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really do think changing the encounter design would go a long way. We have so many powerful healing tools. Make us use them.

I'm not on Twitter, I'm not on Reddit, I don't watch streamers. I never know what's going on and it's awesome.
This is the way. I know someone who is way too often upset at the negativity and discourse online about everything. I always just tell the dude to get off Twitter and the like. It hardly ever bothers me because I don't have social media and I don't engage with the stuff.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is the way. I know someone who is way too often upset at the negativity and discourse online about everything. I always just tell the dude to get off Twitter and the like. It hardly ever bothers me because I don't have social media and I don't engage with the stuff.
Yep, my enjoyment of nearly everything has improved substantially by just disconnecting from fandom spaces. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who gets tired of online discourse about something you would otherwise enjoy.

That's not to say any complaints are invalid but if you'd otherwise be enjoying <thing> if you weren't submerged in the discourse telling you <thing> sucks then disconnecting is probably the right thing to do.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
the final ilv gears of the expansion usually dont get outlevel until x5 dungeon. so you can use 660 until lv95 dungeon and thats when you need to get more
also atleast theres pity gear from leveling. so ypu get atleast a piece of gear until you reach the final dungeon.
heck, as a dps you can use it til end of dungeon too. atleast you play your dps rotation well, it shouldnt be any issue. since its mainly tank and healer need the highet ilv for def and better mind stats for healing lol.
thats why i tend to level tank last. only when i got enough tank gear from running those dungeon on other jobs

Yeah feels like there's so many other avenues to get leveling gear/weapons during the MSQ that having the relic weapon doesn't really matter much to me from that standpoint (besides a slight sense of convenience of 'oh I don't need to worry about getting a weapon for the first half or so of this expansion'). But long term the relic weapon is of course more about collecting and glamour purposes. For me I don't really care too much about that (at least for weapons, armor glams are a completely different story), but the 6.0 relic I guess was interesting with how easy it was to get the required tomes from doing other endgame or moogle events that I was like might as well get one of these. Lot less effort for me than say going through hours of Eureka for the relic in ShB and I've never even bothered to use that weapon for glam purposes lol.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
while i understand the claim that what the ppl from healerstrike want, it just isnt right to put the leveling dungeon on the spotlight.
because its a leveling dungeon, of course it is easy so it doesnt gate players from progressing story.
then the 3dps, 1 tank thing. i havent watch but since its xeno, im sure he does full pull and is competent to tank and self heal thru the large mob. i doubt everyone can do that. heck not everyone can do full pull with a healer on certain dungeons because its overall team play too.
so yea, dungeon design varies.

i rember one of my discord friend mention the op of the healerstrike havent have much end game raids in their belt from fflogs. so i guess its pretty much talking from a casual standpoint? now with that said, the past couple savage was busy enough for healer that they would want easy dps rotation filler at those moment (heck i know im happy with it when i healed p8s lol. it kinda scare me away from healing the last floor fight again. ie, my first and last xD )
as we know if more buttons are given, then they are to be pressed. sure low level fight will let healer dps rotation have a go at it but then end game content will now suffer to healer dps rot. as they are busy to kept dps rot going thus maybe less healing needed in fight etc? i guess thats what i felt from prev expansion fights (pre shb), where heal are more spread out, given healer time to dps and recoup for another heal again.

i stop doing p9-12s since it was the time i took break from 14 to play d4 and 16. then i nvr got back to 14 on regular to try for the last sav.

so what are the consense of healing ew savage on here? do they like the amount of healing they need to do or still want more complex dps filler during healing downtime?

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
The big thing is all this being caused by a dungeon being cleared without a healer.

Yeah, dungeons are always going to be minimal on healing when everyone is at least decent and not doing any massive pulls, that's content designed for lower level players to still be able to comfortably clear, it's never going to push for optimal play.

How things play out in higher end content should be looked over, but they're always going to aim to minimize any potential toxicity in story dungeons.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
14 doesn't push out enough damage to where gcd healing outside of a handful of mechanics is needed in it's savage raids. This is amplified by the fact that healers lost dps buttons in Shadowbringers, only to spam their single target attack 90% of the fight. Tanks are getting more and more sustain each expansion, yet the outgoing damage that needs to be healed isn't going up. Once you're a good-great savage healer your job is very boring in high end content. These aren't the people striking, but these are some of the legitimate gripes off the top of my head.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In a relatively casual Static, where we didn't really ever get serious enough for an explicit mitigation plan or timeline, but did at least have people using addle/feint/reprisal/etc, for Pandaemonium Savage there were definitely moments in the latter floors of each tier that did feel like they stretched the healing resources and required you to be on your toes and rotate your healing cooldowns. Curtain Call, Purgation, Natural Alignment, High Concept, Harrowing Hell, Superchain and Pangenesis are all mechanics where it felt pretty necessary to GCD heal to not have everyone die. I'm sure with better planning and coordination, you could do it with no GCDs, or one healer or etc, but at the level of "knowing the fight, but not knowing everything every party member will do" level, you're going to have to use your buttons and space out your cooldowns and etc. Which I think seems right for Savage difficulty.

It's important to note that in all those cases it's almost exclusively group healing resources that are being taxed due to significant raid wide damage. Healers also have a lot of single target healing/mitigation buttons and those are almost never needed. The only times I can really remember it being a case of "use single target ability on a target or they die" was the Natural Alignment players in P8S, the Ifrit players in High Concept, and the main tank when doing Lazy Lasers in P12S to absorb the first auto after their invuln falls off. And of course trying to save someone if they messed up a mechanic. I could throw Terachole or Haima on a tank when they were taking a Tankbuster and it'd keep their health comfier, but they could also easily survive it themselves in most cases. I'm sure if you look at my FFLogs for most fights, my single target cooldowns are all massively underused.

Also, for my experience above this was doing final floors after many weeks of gear, so Week 1 groups will be taxed pretty heavily and probably require all the mentioned mitigations to survive stuff. Which also seems correct for people that want that week 1 challenge.

So I think if they amped up more single target damage to tanks, or added more unavoidable damage to specific non-tank players that you had to help survive, that'd be a big help in utilizing the full breadth of a healer's kit.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The big thing is all this being caused by a dungeon being cleared without a healer.

Yeah, dungeons are always going to be minimal on healing when everyone is at least decent and not doing any massive pulls, that's content designed for lower level players to still be able to comfortably clear, it's never going to push for optimal play.

How things play out in higher end content should be looked over, but they're always going to aim to minimize any potential toxicity in story dungeons.

It doesn't help that people were clearing the dungeon without a healer and then the dev team later commented that they needed to make the dungeon even easier because the last boss was too hard and needed a nerf.

It's just the kind of shit that spreads because content creators don't know when to self-filter for stuff said in a press environment and so all these second hand stories come out and create a snowball that people just bicker over.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think I heard that the OP of the healer strike thing doesn't even do Extremes. Or at the very least not much beyond that. So that's a weird demographic to be complaining about healing. And using a dungeon run with a freaking Warrior is hardly a good argument. It's not an awful one but it's not great. I've seen how more casual players heal. I think they would explode if dungeons started pumping out massive damage or something. People complained about that one ARR dungeon to the point it got nerfed even though the dungeon was great.

And anecdotal but I once was in a party where me and some other people argued with my co-healer about Cure 1. This guy was using Cure 1 in a level 90 extreme trial. Probably Zodiark or something. This man really made the argument that WHM needed that Freecure because they used too much MP. Fuck out of here. Cure 1 triggers me so much.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I think I heard that the OP of the healer strike thing doesn't even do Extremes. Or at the very least not much beyond that. So that's a weird demographic to be complaining about healing. And using a dungeon run with a freaking Warrior is hardly a good argument. It's not an awful one but it's not great. I've seen how more casual players heal. I think they would explode if dungeons started pumping out massive damage or something. People complained about that one ARR dungeon to the point it got nerfed even though the dungeon was great.

And anecdotal but I once was in a party where me and some other people argued with my co-healer about Cure 1. This guy was using Cure 1 in a level 90 extreme trial. Probably Zodiark or something. This man really made the argument that WHM needed that Freecure because they used too much MP. Fuck out of here. Cure 1 triggers me so much.
WHM basically has unlimited MP lmaoooo

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
The healers complaining have good points and completely legitimate things to complain about in terms of the continuing obsolescence of healing in the game leading to boring gameplay in optimized environments. It's just weird to try and drum up support for collective action now, when they actually have added a bit more play to some of the kits, and we have no window onto how stuff in Dawntrail is going to be adjusted to match all the new mitigation tools everyone got, beyond a level 81 dungeon getting cleared in artifact gear. As I've said before, I'm not exactly holding my breath that we'll suddenly have to be healing way more, but at least give the expansion a chance.

And then yes, if we don't have to press any buttons in the trials and endgame dungeons because they gave every tank 40% mitigation + extra effects but then didn't make bosses or trash do any more damage comparitively, then yes, then it might be time to drum up a PF healer strike for Savage launch in six weeks. But then that might happen naturally if people aren't enjoying the jobs.

It is funny you could also see the same general result if they do crank up the damage, parties start dying and blaming the healers because DPS/tanks don't know what group mitigation buttons are, and then healers switch jobs not wanting to deal with that pressure. Which you saw happen a bit in P5S - P8S with all the tremendously spicy bleeds.
pf'ing p5s-p8s force me switch from sch to sge lol
as sch i had to save af for tank tb for cushion. since not lot of tank know how to mit it properly. sge wise, atleast toxikon isnt associated with addergall
boy when tank think invul is all they need for the tb and didnt put up some mit for the dot >.>
spicy ticks

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017

cure1 shoulda been rep by cure2 button. so that it dont exist. heck let cure 2 trigger free cure at low lv
so ppl 1 button to use for other stuff.
i want my knock back aquaveil back xD

Jan 20, 2018
14 doesn't push out enough damage to where gcd healing outside of a handful of mechanics is needed in it's savage raids. This is amplified by the fact that healers lost dps buttons in Shadowbringers, only to spam their single target attack 90% of the fight. Tanks are getting more and more sustain each expansion, yet the outgoing damage that needs to be healed isn't going up. Once you're a good-great savage healer your job is very boring in high end content. These aren't the people striking, but these are some of the legitimate gripes off the top of my head.
Well Said. It wasn't until Ultimate's that healing got pushed to a challenging level. While I did finish the first raid tier for EW. I just couldn't find the strength to come back for the second and just completely left after clearing 11s. Didn't give a damn about doing any content because it was boring.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Cure 1 triggers WHM players more than it does Free Cure.

I'm right with you. Free Cure really needs to either be removed or reworked as a trait. It's such a "noob trap".

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Regarding Congestion During Dawntrail's Launch | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Regarding Congestion During Dawntrail's Launch

- Aether/Primal/Crystal will be completely unavailable for server travel, but NA players can still travel to Dynamis and Dynamis visitor slots will be increased
- Cross region travel to OCE servers remains open as a permanent feature
- Automatic log out is returning

Oh no, my DC shopping for finishing up my master crafting log won't work anymore! Or going to Primal for cheaper materia or Bozja bits. 😅 The prices on OCE are never that cheap for most things.

Maybe I need to make an alt on Primal and Aether so I can log in, buy stuff, then go to Dynamis and trade it over to my husband's character. I'm not sure it's worth the risk for cross DC smuggling with all the logging in and out though during launch. lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
the final ilv gears of the expansion usually dont get outlevel until x5 dungeon. so you can use 660 until lv95 dungeon and thats when you need to get more
also atleast theres pity gear from leveling. so ypu get atleast a piece of gear until you reach the final dungeon.
heck, as a dps you can use it til end of dungeon too. atleast you play your dps rotation well, it shouldnt be any issue. since its mainly tank and healer need the highet ilv for def and better mind stats for healing lol.
thats why i tend to level tank last. only when i got enough tank gear from running those dungeon on other jobs

If the trend continues, There will be a 6 point of main stat difference between the 97 dungeon gear and maxed EW 660 gear. The stuff at the 99 dungeon won't matter outside of accessories since you get the scaling AF gear at that point to do expert roulette in to start earning tomes

It's worth it to max out current gear because it will easily last you until you finish all jobs at100 in that role cause there is basically no reason to bother shuffling around gear and cluttering inventory.

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
I totally understand the complaints about healing, even if I think the idea of a strike like this is really dumb. That said, I'm having a ton of fun right now just running normal raid and trial roulette as a white mage to help late people finish them. Some people are so bad that it's an adventure every time

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I totally understand the complaints about healing, even if I think the idea of a strike like this is really dumb. That said, I'm having a ton of fun right now just running normal raid and trial roulette as a white mage to help late people finish them. Some people are so bad that it's an adventure every time
one thing im glad is theres mor e fall off the map trials. those are always fun to watch. its better than the touch of death. the falling off animation is just so comedic.
now give more kb mech too and see ppl get push off 😁

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
still haven't decided yet if I want to go Warrior or Gunbreaker into Dawntrail. In general, which one is considered the better tank overall?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
What am I missing why are people made about healing now? I can understand AST because it seems like they don't know wtf they wanna do with the job but SCH, SGE, and WHM seem solid to me? What more do people want? The main thing I'd want is more DPS options I guess.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
What am I missing why are people made about healing now? I can understand AST because it seems like they don't know wtf they wanna do with the job but SCH, SGE, and WHM seem solid to me? What more do people want? The main thing I'd want is more DPS options I guess.

People are mad that everyone else is getting more self healing, decreasing the need to push healing buttons more, especially when healer DPS rotations are mostly like watching paint dry.

A lot of this anger specifically stems from the "midcore" level, so people who run dungeons and trials with people, even touching on stuff like extremes, because people feel like actually having to use the occasionally GCD heal would be nice.

A lot of it ties back to the fundamental design of XIV, where there is really just blue, green and red DPS roles with some oGCDs inbetween.

Helpful feedback? Not really, but the heart of it is that a certain sect of people would like to press their healing buttons more.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda thinking of a hipster kinda look for Picto.
xCIdEPB.png
I hope Matoya's Hat looks a little better earlier in DT than later.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017

#FFXIVHEALERSTRIKE

As has been discussed in this thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/499558-Dawntrail-s-mediatour-dungeon-was-already-cleared-without-healers. I would like to make this the official thread for those in support of a healer strike as a collective voice to the dev team to express...

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
cant wait until we get shinryu unreal 😎
That should be so fun. Running across the tail remains one of the coolest bits in the game.

Though I do hope they finish out Heavensward with Final Steps of Faith (Unreal) first. Wasn't playing back then, so would like to get to do that as intended. Getting to hear that music for a few months would be much welcome. Really hoping they either go to 2 Unreals at a time in 7.1 or a faster rotation or something, because they're just falling behind now.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It really is a shame that XI healing isn't viable in XIV. They kinda tried a bit in HW then went completely backwards.

Healing people for threat was one of my favorite things to do as a Paladin tank in XI.

Also doesn't help that support isn't a thing in XIV.

Ah well, different games with different design goals.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
You aren't alone. It's so ridiculously easy to drift everything.

It why war being so simple on top of so effective is such an outlier. DRK and Gnb have to put in work to equal what warriors do casually just making sure they fell cleave on time
I would argue that Dark Knight does way less work than Gunbreaker. Dark Knight has a pretty simple rotation to manage. Only potential issue is having enough blood for your shadow, but that's gone in a little over two weeks

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It really is a shame that XI healing isn't viable in XIV. They kinda tried a bit in HW then went completely backwards.

Healing people for threat was one of my favorite things to do as a Paladin tank in XI.

Also doesn't help that support isn't a thing in XIV.

Ah well, different games with different design goals.

I seriously question if pure healing will even make it to the next mmo or if it will be some sort of cross class function on certain archetypes. They basically made DR an increasingly party wide responsibility since 2.0 and I fell like the evolution of that will be the rest of the kit as well. Especially if it's more of an action game.