Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Only 4GB on PC? Thought it was supposed to be like 10.5 on PC

Either good compression (4GB download but 10GB on disk) or it's split in an effort to reduce load (rather than everyone downloading the big patch and taking a while, it's split into smaller chunks to spread out the download? I dunno how network optimisation stuff works though...)

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
If you get a version check / launcher error on PC try this fix:

Receipt: This fixed the error for me.

I did this and worked for me too (Steam version).

9bZcyK7.png

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
On PS5 the download is 7.6 GB for comparison. When you boot it up the splash screen is Endwalker logo. Aaaaaaa!

Also re: datamining I'm gonna be resisting the urge to lurk the places because I really wanna see weapons and gear. Usually I'm not spoiled on story by it. I want to see RPR and SGE 71-80 leveling dungeon weapons, the Fae ones specifically. I also wanna know if anything cool was datamined from the Gold Saucer. I'll try to resist though.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
On PS5 the download is 7.6 GB for comparison. When you boot it up the splash screen is Endwalker logo. Aaaaaaa!

Also re: datamining I'm gonna be resisting the urge to lurk the places because I really wanna see weapons and gear. Usually I'm not spoiled on story by it. I want to see RPR and SGE 71-80 leveling dungeon weapons, the Fae ones specifically. I also wanna know if anything cool was datamined from the Gold Saucer. I'll try to resist though.

If you want just one officially sanctioned tease of a cosmetic item that will probably be from Gold Saucer (going by similar items that are already there), this was posted on the FFXIV Instagram:

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
If you want just one officially sanctioned tease of a cosmetic item that will probably be from Gold Saucer (going by similar items that are already there), this was posted on the FFXIV Instagram:

Nice! I hadn't seen this. I got the angel wings but it's so easy to forget these accessories exist.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i mean i'm glad the official launcher has a dark mode now but

imagine using the official launcher

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
How long would one say the Sorrow of Werlyt trial questline takes? I have been going through and checking off all the old raid storylines and thought I was good to go but just realized I had never actually done these for some reason. Might do it before I start Endwalker MSQ.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How long would one say the Sorrow of Werlyt trial questline takes? I have been going through and checking off all the old raid storylines and thought I was good to go but just realized I had never actually done these for some reason. Might do it before I start Endwalker MSQ.

Maybe 4-5 hours including queuing time?

Speaking of stuff I never finished, I didn't mange to get around to finish the 4 lords, but I don't think they're gonna be that relevant in Endwalker.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I mean, I have to type my 2FA passcode anyway, so it's neither here nor there.

Also, I guess SE would have said something by now, but are we sure the PC update only being like 4GB doesn't indicate a broken file or something?
it's still one less thing to type, which is always a boon. plus the unofficial launcher is still faster when it comes to checking updates

a mod that saves your password....call me a bit paranoid but I don't like the sounds of that, especially when it's a mod.
it's an open source project and the password is saved in windows credential store, so it's a non-concern

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Abyssal drain change is dumb in my view. Just removing what little self healing DRK has. Im not a fan, even if the numbers work out and everything I just straight up don't like the change. Feels like you actively work yourself into a corner as a DRK whereas other tanks can self heal out the ass and save themselves from WHMs who now have more reason to never use their job gauge heals.

i mean i'm glad the official launcher has a dark mode now but

imagine using the official launcher
*cries in PSN client as I try and make himbo outfits for my Roe with what's in the game*

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Interesting, how much faster? I get 90 mb/s with the official launcher.
it does 4 download streams at once by default, so while it's not exactly 4x faster because you're splitting some bandwidth, it's in that ballpark

plus it doesn't make you wait for the "checking launcher version" window on opening it like the official one does

*cries in PSN client as I try and make himbo outfits for my Roe with what's in the game*
i mourn for all your large lads who aren't able to use beefy pecs once textools rises from the ashes

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it does 4 download streams at once by default, so while it's not exactly 4x faster because you're splitting some bandwidth, it's in that ballpark

plus it doesn't make you wait for the "checking launcher version" window on opening it like the official one does
I wonder if it would fix my issue at work. I have to basically patch at home and copy the whole thing manually to my work PC since the documents folder is on a network share which breaks the official launcher. Is it FFXIVQuickLauncher?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The main reason I use XIVLauncher is so I don't have to type my one-time password. It lets you send the OTP via an HTTP call from any source, so I have a python script that generates my OTP from the secret and sends it over. No typing to log in. This only became possible this year when they added support for other authenticators like Authy and Google Authenticator though.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
it's still one less thing to type, which is always a boon. plus the unofficial launcher is still faster when it comes to checking updates

it's an open source project and the password is saved in windows credential store, so it's a non-concern

Indeed. XIVLauncher uses Aria2 for its downloading, which is MUCH faster than the standard SE launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.