• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The NailBat?! 🤣 that's awesome. Square even going the extra mile to render character weapons like in the original game. Can't wait to see Barret's different gun arms and Yuffie's crazy fans.
Barrett actually has a lot of melee weapons and stuff could have interesting properties like that multi rocket launcher. 🤔

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Never any pictures of my favorite character Hell House :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know Red XIII's English VA yet? The popular theory is that it's Matthew Mercer, but that has yet to be confirmed.

I think we've only heard one English line out of him so far and it did not sound like Matt to me.

I guess it's my fault for expecting an actual quest design in a 2020 game and not the same 20 years old fetch quests.

To be fair, outside of the Witcher almost no modern RPGs have good sidequest design.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I like how there is no mention of this game being part 1 in any promotional material....

Strange..

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Looks awesome. A little disappointed that the side quests seem to be pretty mundane tasks, but I'm not surprised. I don't really expect WRPG quest writing out of this.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
023.jpg
latest

Laurel

Oct 29, 2017
Those aren't fetch quest milestones - they're challenges for defeating enemies certain ways.

Rough google translate: "Battle reports are achieved by meeting certain conditions in battles, such as "Miyaburu" the enemy with "Miyabururu" or burst the enemy multiple times."

The kid is asking Cloud to try out Materia because he's apparently a Shinra trainee

As for other quests, there's this:

" There are various types of requests, such as requests for defeat of monsters and sometimes requests to find lost cats "
The same kid from the original game? awesome! Always love how they teach you gameplay through conversation like that. Iirc you can choose not to answer him as well, which equal to skipping tutorial.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
They're really not dropping that demo at all are they?

Fetch quests, fetch quests everywhere.

Not that I expected anything better from a JRPG, or Japanese games in general.

So sick of this lazy, stereotypical posting. For all the uproar about Phil Fish years ago, we sure do let people show their whole ass here with regard to generalizing an entire countries output all the time. FOH.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why it's suddenly a bad thing to have a game want you to engage with the mechanics in some sidequests. Even in the examples shown it's not just "kill X monsters", it's "kill X monsters with X materia".

I agree it's nice to have full, story-driven quests, but it's not a bad thing for a game to also have quests where you seek out monsters etc. Hell, an entire plot point in FFVII is that the slums are a dangerous place to live - of course they'd hire people to keep the monster population in check.

Not only that but the kid in that screenshot has a backstory and a unique voice actor listed, he ain't just a random bystander.

Just seems like a very bizarre thing to be hung up on IMO

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't mind stuff from the leaks, the stuff with the Chadley kid is basically;

A VR battle arena of sorts where you can fight monsters to gain stuff. You can get some of the bigger summons like Leviathan from it after fighting them.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Don't some quests send you on your way to fight and gain summons? Wasn't that announced on the PS blog a while back? At least that's something that's not "collect five wild flowers."

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like that we're gonna be helping out a kid who works for Hojo, but ehh, excited to see side quests! Hopefully they won't be as boring as most of the ones in FFXV.

Really excited to play as Tifa! I love playing as hand-to-hand combatants and her gameplay sounds like a lot of fun!

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
And that's partly how they're padding out what was originally 6-10 hours to 20-40: Sidequests galore!

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna do every last little thing in this game. Side quests, battle request. EVERY.LAST.THING