• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2017
All things considered, if most of the games are sealed you can probably sell them for close-to-buying price on eBay or whatever.

Still haven't decided which version I'm getting personally. probably the ShopTo one in the UK, simply because it comes with this great thing

989722_indies_20191023_end_preorder_acrylicstand.png
Well SHIT, about to order #VII, I guess.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
lol this is actually a positive motivator for me, thanks <3

Remember to keep the receipts when you return all of them.

All things considered, if most of the games are sealed you can probably sell them for close-to-buying price on eBay or whatever.

You can return nearly all of them. Walmart, Gamestop, bestbuy will all take the game back and you keep your preorder bonus.
He won't open any of them. He doesn't have to. Those bonuses aren't in the case.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone on reddit pointed out that the key arts prints show more of the pics
zdzz48juat541.png

but i cant find the source of this to see if there's more, nibelheim looks really the same with the german architecture

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Jump Festa starts today then I guess we aren't getting any new trailers.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
He is going to be in the game. Like why aren't you guys saying regarding Scarlet, Reeve, Rufus and etc, huh? Like it is like pulling teeth with your peeps, bruh.

This.
As VIIR Midgar is being considered its own full game, Red would be late game material. Seems to me like they want him to be a 'when the game comes out' reveal.

Still have no idea if they'll make him playable or not, but I firmly believe he & Hojo will be in Midgar.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's a trailer confirmed in the square-enix site for the jump festa, if its a new trailer is a question, but there will be a trailer

Yeah, but if this trailer was supposed to be a new one I guess they would have released already. I'm expecting to be just the Cloud trailer nós.

Oct 31, 2017
Considering KH3, I would expect some really cool stuff to not be shown at all in trailers. For example, you'd have zero idea that KH3 has like 40 mins of CG from the trailers. All the cool Pirates scenes weren't shown for even a second.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Considering KH3, I would expect some really cool stuff to not be shown at all in trailers. For example, you'd have zero idea that KH3 has like 40 mins of CG from the trailers. All the cool Pirates scenes weren't shown for even a second.

It feels like they aren't showing us a lot of stuff. We had some Don Corneo stuff at TGS and Aerith in the red dress, but we never saw any wide part of Wall Market. We've only seen a couple of scenes of the slums in general. We've seen some of the Turks, but very few of the upper management at Shinra. We haven't seen the park in Sector 6 other than the very first trailer, but there's a lot of important scenes there. We've seen more of Sephiroth than we expected, but really not even a ton of him. It's really been focused heavily on AVALANCHE so far, and in part Cloud's own mental torment.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they aren't showing us a lot of stuff. We had some Don Corneo stuff at TGS and Aerith in the red dress, but we never saw any wide part of Wall Market. We've only seen a couple of scenes of the slums in general. We've seen some of the Turks, but very few of the upper management at Shinra. We haven't seen the park in Sector 6 other than the very first trailer, but there's a lot of important scenes there. We've seen more of Sephiroth than we expected, but really not even a ton of him. It's really been focused heavily on AVALANCHE so far, and in part Cloud's own mental torment.

I still feel like that's a huge chunk of stuff. We've seen just about everything Midgar has to offer and I'm not sure how they get it from 5 to 40 hours.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like that's a huge chunk of stuff. We've seen just about everything Midgar has to offer and I'm not sure how they get it from 5 to 40 hours.

My guess is there'll be more missions with the Avalanche crew after we first go to Seventh Heaven. We've already seen things like the motorbike chase, the hang-gliding, and the day-time invasion of the smoke monsters, all of which would kinda have to slot into that spot.

It does kinda mean that Aerith might get the least playtime of the party though - she only really fights for a few maps in the original, until you rescue her at the same time as Red XIII. Maybe we'll have more little missions to do in Wall Market etc.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

My guess is there'll be more missions with the Avalanche crew after we first go to Seventh Heaven. We've already seen things like the motorbike chase, the hang-gliding, and the day-time invasion of the smoke monsters, all of which would kinda have to slot into that spot.

It does kinda mean that Aerith might get the least playtime of the party though - she only really fights for a few maps in the original, until you rescue her at the same time as Red XIII. Maybe we'll have more little missions to do in Wall Market etc.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm actually hoping for 1-2 super-bosses as endgame optional content for part 1. Hell House being one of them.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You just made me realize how weird it's gonna be hearing Cait's name out loud. I've never pronounced it the proper way.
Tho I guess the character is gonna be weird in general in this remake.
Hopefully they actually pronounce it the correct way. If they went out of their way to fix "Aeris" to "Aerith", then maybe we can hope they get Cait Sith's pronounciation right.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Part 2 isn't coming out till at less Q1 2023.. and Part 3 Q1 2026.

Of course they will be on PS5.

Each part is a whole sized game that will take years to make.. this isn't Life is Strange episodes.

This is true.. but after part 1 the other chapters should come faster because they will have all the systems up and running.. it's just a matter of creating the new zones I guess

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Of course.. but they also have so many things already finished so I just hope the next chapter will come faster than 2022
Expecting a year and a half - two year turn around for part 2 is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Even 3 years would be pretty generous. Especially for part 2 as it's likely going to be the most challenging part to develop.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the stuff they have yet to do is all the time-consuming stuff, so I dunno about that one. I'm not a developer though so what do I know.

Depends on how focused their design is. You wouldn't be able to tell from the map quality, but all of HITMAN 2's locations were made with half the time, team, and budget of the previous game. I'm hoping that planned trilogy, at least in principle, is an inspiration for what I expect here. Especially when it comes to carrying over content. :p

I'm cool with a two year gap between releases. Anything more and they're bleeding momentum. This isn't a fan remake, so I think holding this project to the timetables of things like Black Mesa and Skyblivion is profoundly misguided.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They have alot of assets, enemies, locations, and characters with unique combat animations to make. 3 years would be incredibly efficient.
The advantage SE has over any dev starting a new game from scratch, I imagine, would be that they already have a bunch of core characters finished as well as their gameplay animations ironed out.

I know that there's a lot of work to go into part 2, but they already have a foot and half a leg through the door already which should thankfully help.

Status
Not open for further replies.