Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Maybe in an alternate version, sure, I have no issues with it. But they're not going to suddenly change her death in the main story...that's iconic to the story they're telling and premise of the entire game. You don't just change things just to be new or different. It has to make sense.

It's one of the main reasons why the story is such an impact, especially what it means towards Cloud/Zack's entire journey from beginning to end and why they're such compelling characters, same for the planet and rest of the game's premise all being influenced by Aerith. Literally makes the FFVII saga's entire story, beginning to end, make 0 sense if she doesn't die. That's how important her death is and how much it influences the narrative. Its like Anakin never going to the Dark Side and becoming Darth Vader. You can change elements in stories but you don't take out fundamental beats from them that influence the entire narrative which make them so compelling in the first place. It's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be okay with her surviving the Forgotten Capital, if they change it to her dying in the Northern Crater (I believe there's a theory that this was the original idea when FFVII was being developed but was changed.)

They could also use that as
the final straw for Cloud's psyche after all the psychological abuse he got after the Jenova DEATH fight, letting Sephiroth fully manipulate him into handing over the Black Materia.

EDIT: Spoiler tag just in case.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Aerith quickly rolls at the last minute, forcing Sephiroth to slam his sword into the platform, missing the plucky flower girl completely.
"Nothing personnel" she says, thrilling memers everywhere, as she blasts her rod into his eye socket and out the back of his head.
"The world is now mine." She looks at the camera with a grim smile. Aerith was an agent for Jenova ALL ALONG!

...there's your new twist, nerds! 🦄

Jenova was actually the anti virus that was sent to wipe out all Cetras. Sephiroth was her last agent. Now Aerith can summon Holy to destroy the world because the Cetra needs the life stream to be fed. Shinra is revealed to be her dad and they happily go off to suck more Mako from Gaia and other planets. We also discover Shinra is actually an immortal Shinra from FFX and The Cetra are Yuna clones. Cue title card change to FFX-3. Teaser for FFX-2.5 and FF XVII

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Morning #3 of waking up and being disappointed that a demo hasn't been shadow dropped yet :D

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Morning #3 of waking up and being disappointed that a demo hasn't been shadow dropped yet :D

Since we were not meant to know about the demo it could be weeks before we get it. It will probably be announced when the game goes gold sometime in January.

I am not expecting anything to happen until everything returns to normal on the 6th January.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Well Sephiroth physically is in the Northern Crater at this time, no? I always thought he was astral projecting himself.

Sephiroth is indeed always in the norther crater.
His earlier appeareaces are either Jenova (moving from the Shinra building to reunite with Sephiroth) and taking his form/aspect (one of the abilities of the Jenova cells) or are just flashbacks.
For FF7R I don't think they are really changing anything about the main plot. They're just adding side stories and side characters into the established world/story.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this isn't the case of stumbling upon something that is weeks from now on.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how hype this would've been if it didn't leak

Now it's just agonizingly waiting and when it comes it's "fucking finally" instead of "holy shit yes!"

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
My heart jumps each time I see the title to this thread. Good lord, give it to us Squeenix.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally I request the thread stays locked and then re-opened when the demo goes live.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Does Sony or S-E have any events coming up where the demo could be released? Sony just did a State of Play and we also had TGAs. Jump Festa was last week. And there are no concerts coming up as far as I know.

The only big release I can think of is the KHIII DLC...Oh man, locking the demo behind DLC would be both extremely shrewd and kind of clever.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My guys they're not going to shadowdrop this. Just forget about it till SE announces it in advance.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually be fine if they save Aerith. As long as they kill Cloud instead.

Yes, yes, "lifestream, Holy, etc..." I get that it would fundamentally alter the game. But there's no way her death can have the same impact as it did now that it's a universal meme. To recreate an iconic moment all these years later they've got to up the ante (alternatively, go with Kitase's original idea and kill Aerith and almost everyone else too).

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hope there's a long optional revival quest everyone will go nuts with the "Ressurect aerith quest", people will post in the forum before finishing it,100 pages of discussion and people hating and loving it, and in the end of the quest, aerith appears as ghost and says to cloud "no one can return from the dead, i'm not an exception" and vanishes

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Aerith quickly rolls at the last minute, forcing Sephiroth to slam his sword into the platform, missing the plucky flower girl completely.
"Nothing personnel" she says, thrilling memers everywhere, as she blasts her rod into his eye socket and out the back of his head.
"The world is now mine." She looks at the camera with a grim smile. Aerith was an agent for Jenova ALL ALONG!

...there's your new twist, nerds! 🦄
Oh my god

Nothing personnel got me, I don't know if it's intentional or a typo but laawd

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i hope there's a long optional revival quest everyone will go nuts with the "Ressurect aerith quest", people will post in the forum before finishing it,100 pages of discussion and people hating and loving it, and in the end of the quest, aerith appears as ghost and says to cloud "no one can return from the dead, i'm not an exception" and vanishes

It can be a Post Game DLC that comes after all the parts have been completed. Like the gang goes on a quest to try to revive her because of some rumours they heard. But that might open a whole can of worms in terms of who can get resurrected and who can't. It'll be bitter sweet if only Aerith comes back, without Zack.

JediKilla

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
It can be a Post Game DLC that comes after all the parts have been completed. Like the gang goes on a quest to try to revive her because of some rumours they heard. But that might open a whole can of worms in terms of who can get resurrected and who can't. It'll be bitter sweet if only Aerith comes back, without Zack.
Wouldn't that mess up Advent Children? I'd much prefer them to link up Dirge of Cerberus, crisis core and Advent Children and keep them cannon.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it can be in the main game, but as i said it ends in failure

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the date that makes sense for this to drop is the original release date so January 31 if not it's going to get dropped on some random tuesday

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer that they keep the original compilations away from the remake and just do its own thing.

Having multiple endings would be wonderful.
i think that goes against the lesson and point from ff7, the point of aerith dying is to show people, that important people to you can go forever and never return, its a life lesson to many people, acceptance of death and grief. The theme of ff7 is life and as a ff7 developer said (i think sakaguchi), you cant have life without death. Ressurecting aerith would go against that idea making her death meaningless and destroy that message and lesson.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
What if they are waiting for the anniversary of the game to release it? Anniversary is January 31st