• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I can assure you they are missing out on a boatload of money not releasing DLC on PS4. The only logical explanation is that the graphics in the DLC are beyond the capabilities of PS4.

They don't look it though, so I am as surprised as you are...
It's probably an extension of the deal with Sony, except they made it exclusive to the PS5.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely gonna play this again. The new lighting improvements are so good. Also, the textures are up to snuff now.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
The upgrade is free. What is really scummy is to make exclusive for PS5 a DLC of a game announced for PS4 back in 2015 (a game that ended up being just a segment of the OG game). They are spiting in the face of all of us who supported the Ps4 years ago due to this game. Like, we bought their game in PS4 and their are just telling us that we can't enjoy the full experiencie. So fucking low.

You're in denial if you think you were ever getting the full experience on a ps4 with parts 2 and 3 likely not making it on last gen hardware. What they're doing is speeding up that process by getting players to migrate over and be ready for whenever part 2 comes out.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
So there's a performance and quality mode, I wonder if the DLC will have the same options or since its PS5 only will it be rendering differently? If its the same engine it will be odd to exclude the PS4, but I hope they utilize the PS5!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Looking forward to plaything this again, even if some of the improvements are minimal. (What am I supposed to be looking at during the "textures" part?) It looks like the skyboxes are higher resolution but not completely fixed. The video not being uploaded in 4K is baffling.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Squee's comparison videos for FFVIIR are some of the worst I've ever seen. You can barely see a difference most of the time and they couldn't be bothered to upload it in 4K.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
You're in denial if you think you were ever getting the full experience on a ps4 with parts 2 and 3 likely not making it on last gen hardware. What they're doing is speeding up that process by getting players to migrate over and be ready for whenever part 2 comes out.

100% this. I prefer this quick removal of a bandaid versus uncertainty and guessing. The series is continuing on PS5 and not PS4. And I'm happy for that. I do agree that they should just let PS+ free users upgrade though.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
Really liking those improvements. Even though it's unlikely, I hope they ditch the PS4 for the future FF7R episodes.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
Given that the sequel will be out in 23 or 24 and that they ditched PS4 for DLC, that is a given.

Why did that slip my mind. My thinking was that they'd try to sell the game on PS4 and PS5 to try and cash in on the people who either can't/won't get a PS5. I suppose by 2023/2024, PS5 availability should be improved.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Gonna 100% the shit out of this game thanks to save transfers 🙏How challenging is hard mode?? Am I in for a rude awakening

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I won't believe shit about improvements to textures until they show the door and the piles of junk up close. I legit don't give a shit about far away BG textures

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I won't believe shit about improvements to textures until they show the door and the piles of junk up close. I legit don't give a shit about far away BG textures
Same, but the scene at the garden with all the rocks seems to have higher res texture. Or they added detail texture, I don't remember what the original looks like but I felt like it was one of the area with evidentally super low res texture on ps4. Their qoute "high quality texture" can also mean higher AF, not reworked texture.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
The fog effect is kinda funny. Like, I get that it gives the environments a more industrial and distinct look, but it's weird when directly compared to the clearer PS4 version lol. The upgrades in general look great though, especially the 60fps.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna 100% the shit out of this game thanks to save transfers 🙏How challenging is hard mode?? Am I in for a rude awakening
It gets easier as you go through it. Ironically Scorpion Sentinel was one of the hardest bosses for me on the hard run. You have to think much more strategically since you can't use items or recover MP during a chapter (outside of mako shards).

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like the story but i like everything else.... now i know what to expect i think I will give another chance on Ps5, this look really fun on 60 fps.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
the video just confirms to me that the ps4 version looked like straight magic

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020

Following parts? Of course I wasn't expecting them. DLC for the base games that was released on PS4? Come on, now we are blaming the players, of coursw.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Ima play the ps4 version for free, instead. I'll live. I was interested in this upgrade before I knew it'd be on plus.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing the game for some reason so no I'm waiting for this, it looks great. Not sure if I should start over completely or not.