I0dJqSa.png

rvnZhJY.png

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM

OUT NOW TOO

pf_appstore.png

Final Fantasy I
apps.apple.com

‎FINAL FANTASY

‎The original FINAL FANTASY comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster! A remodeled 2D take on the first game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved...

Final Fantasy II
apps.apple.com

‎FINAL FANTASY II

‎The original FINAL FANTASY II comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster! A remodeled 2D take on the second game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with...

Final Fantasy III
apps.apple.com

‎FINAL FANTASY III

‎A remodeled 2D take on the third game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved ease of play. With the power of light nearly eclipsed by the power of darkness, only the crystals' four cho…

Final Fantasy IV
apps.apple.com

‎FINAL FANTASY IV

‎A remodeled 2D take on the fourth game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved ease of play. The Kingdom of Baron sent their elite airship fleet, the Red Wings, to attack the surroundin…

Final Fantasy V
apps.apple.com

‎FINAL FANTASY V

‎The original FINAL FANTASY V comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster! A remodeled 2D take on the fifth game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with...
pf_googleplay.png

play.google.com

FINAL FANTASY - Apps on Google Play

The Ultimate Pixel Remaster

play.google.com

FINAL FANTASY II - Apps on Google Play

play.google.com

FINAL FANTASY III - Apps on Google Play

play.google.com

FINAL FANTASY IV - Apps on Google Play

play.google.com

FINAL FANTASY V - Apps on Google Play

pf_amazon.png

Some samples for the new OSTs

HOW TO FIX THE FONT ON PC

www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters |OT| Before Crisis (Now on PS4 & Switch) Square Enix - Retro - OT

Played the beginning of I on iOS, it's great! Love the fast and slick battle transitions, and the touch controls work pretty well, they're similar to the Dragon Quest ports. They need patch some font options though, on top of being ugly it's so small you can barely read it

FIXING MOVEMENT/SCROLLING STUTTER/Framerate issues

steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Guide :: How to unlock or set the framerate

How to hex edit GameAssembly.dll to set the max framerate of the game. Setting to certain values can mitigate the judder effect when walking around the world or town maps....

A lot of people, including myself, have noticed that the movement/scrolling has noticeable stutter/judder.

The reason for this is that the game runs at 60 fps with a pixel-perfect camera. The camera can only move in integer increments. Horizontal/vertical scrolling happens at roughly ~76-77 pixels/second, and diagonal scrolling is roughly 108 pixels/second. Neither of these matches up well with the 60 fps framerate imposed by the game.

Unfortunately, those with 60 Hz will have limited options here, unless they can manage to force 38 Hz.

As a result of the scrolling speed, the following framerates are preferred:

38-39 fps
77-78 fps
120 fps
153-154 fps

I'm not sure why exactly why 120 fps works so well, but it's great that it does since those without GSync/FreeSync displays have some options.

To alter the framerate cap, you'll need [CheatEngine](https://www.cheatengine.org/)

Open the game, then open CheatEngine.

Click Open Process and look for FINAL FANTASY:
unknown.png

Search for the value 60. Enter 60 in the Value box and click on First Scan. Scroll to the bottom and look for addresses starting with UnityPlayer.dll. You're most likely looking for UnityPlayer.dll+1771E80, though this could potentially change with future updates or be different in the different numbered entries.

unknown.png

To ensure you're altering the right value, you can select all of the UnityPlayer.dll values, right click, and add them to the list below. Then after clicking on each one, hit F5 which will open up a window. If you have the right value, you'll see it gets updated every frame.(edited)

Last edited:

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Excited for this, and though I would prefer Switch, I think I may buy this on android this go around. Should be fine enough to control on mobile, and it doesn't need console horsepower. Maybe I'll double dip if it comes out on Switch later.
Really can't wait for FF4 and FF6 which are two of my all time favorites, but playing through these again (after having done so on NES and the GBA remakes) will be like visiting an old friend.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Maybe this was already known and I only realized it from these videos, but there are a bunch of visual effects that are clearly not pixels. They should have gone all the way with that stuff!

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on whether the "perks" that came with the other Final Fantasies (toggles for enemy encounters, infinite HP/MP, fast forward) made it into any of these games? I pre-purchased all of them just to finally have a complete collection on one system, but really have no desire to play through any of them besides V and VI unless I can expedite things.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for these. Will be excited to dip back into these classics but the real cherry on top will be finishing the releases with FFVI.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really nice OT! Can't wait to dive into these tomorrow.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being a big fan of the series, I haven't tried any of these. I might have to fix that soon.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be waiting for the eventual console versions, which hopefully will address the missing content and font issues.

As of now finally having an English 2D version of FFIII is the highlight, but I don't currently feel the need to get the rest of them ASAP.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play these! Gonna play in order. Sounds like the FFIV remaster is supposed to release in three weeks, so I have about a week per game. Which is more than enough to beat the NES games, really.

Gonna roll with a Red Mage/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage party in FFI for a small bit of a challenge.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Any word on whether the "perks" that came with the other Final Fantasies (toggles for enemy encounters, infinite HP/MP, fast forward) made it into any of these games? I pre-purchased all of them just to finally have a complete collection on one system, but really have no desire to play through any of them besides V and VI unless I can expedite things.

The Steam pages indicate there will be some "auto-battle options" as well as other stuff for ease of play, but they've not really shown off any specifics. They have confirmed, though, that content-wise these remakes will be stripped down to only the stuff that was there for the original releases, none of the extra dungeons/bosses/classes/items/etc.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The Steam pages indicate there will be some "auto-battle options" as well as other stuff for ease of play, but they've not really shown off any specifics. They have confirmed, though, that content-wise these remakes will be stripped down to only the stuff that was there for the original releases, none of the extra dungeons/bosses/classes/items/etc.
Noooooo!

My super bosses. ;_;

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The DQ mobile ports for DQIV, V, and VI are excellent and I hope these resemble those games in terms of controls and graphics (and it looks like that's kind of the case! No isometric camera though).

I've never been able to get into FFI thru III in any iterations so far—historically, the series draws me in starting with IV. Going to give these first 3 a shot anyway!

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
My body is ready. I have all 6 games preordered!

Anyway, I hope they do a physical release of these on consoles eventually. I'm hoping they just released these on Steam/Mobile to work out any bugs or put in additional requests before they make a Gold master for consoles.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The best part is that this hopefully means that we're getting a huge OST soundtrack collection.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I would have preferred it on the Switch I've gone ahead and bought the Steam bundle, will be fun to play on the other monitor during my work breaks.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I'm excited for these but I doubt I'll ever play 1 or 2 again. FF3 is legit though.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I might grab FF3 on GMG, although I hope the game at least has an autosave system or something, cause I never did finish the DS version due to the stupid long ass trek through the crystal tower and world of darkness. XD

Still I feel nostalgic for it (mainly due to FF14 in recent times ha ha), so for $11, I'll get it either way.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Still bummed by the lack of the GBA onward bonus content (especially since it's not like they're retaining the original game balances, since they have Ethers in FFI) but I am certainly excited to have an official release of Final Fantasy III after all this time.

I wonder if they based it, even a little bit, of the cancelled Wonderswan Color version?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Not getting these, but will definitely be keeping my eye on them to see how they are received, and what bonuses are included.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Jumping right into FF3. I have been dreaming of a new 2D FF3 ever since the Wonderswan Color version was revealed. The original was my first FF game, long, long ago, and I'm really glad to have an official English version to recommend to friends so they can see why I love the game so much. I wasn't a huge fan of the DS version or the changes it made.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I really really hope these get console releases. The new pixel art looks beautiful.

And I really really hope they fix that crappy font.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, bought the first 3 for 24€ at GMG. No interest for the last 3 because I already beat FF4 almost 3 times and already have the "old" versions of 5 and 6.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I read that last part, seemed to me like they only confirmed this will be different content-wise than previous remakes. While I'm not hopeful, I wouldn't rule out new bonus stuff (or even dungeons).

In any case, 3 is definitely the highlight of the pack so far by virtue of never having been remade in 2D. I'm also a fan of 1 and 2 though, so I don't know what to play first. Decisions are hard...

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite eager to replay the first FF, which coincidentally was my first FF and also the first RPG i ever played. If i had more nostalgia for 2 and 3 i'd probably pick those up, but i'm gonna save them for the future (played thru the NES version of 3 a few years ago).

Munba

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty excited. Can't wait to hear the new remixed music of the entire 5 and 6 OST.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
There were some concerns about whether the additional music from later version of FF1 would be removed from this game. We still don't know the answer BUT if you look at this shot from the steam page which shows the soundtrack, it includes Opening Demo. This wasn't in the original NES soundtrack, but was added for at least the PS version (and probably the Wonderswan, I'm not sure).

image0.jpg

So if Opening Demo is in, you'd think the other new boss tracks would be too.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
There were some concerns about whether the additional music from later version of FF1 would be removed from this game. We still don't know the answer BUT if you look at this shot from the steam page which shows the soundtrack, it includes Opening Demo. This wasn't in the original NES soundtrack, but was added for at least the PS version (and probably the Wonderswan, I'm not sure).

image0.jpg

So if Opening Demo is in, you'd think the other new boss tracks would be too.

Trying to work it out based on the size of that scrollbar haha. The original game had 20 tracks. So if we were to scroll down 3 more places to reach track 11 (which would be 10, halfway, if ignoring Opening Demo), would the scrollbar be halfway down as well? I feel like there might be room for the 3 boss themes added in other versions, but I obviously can't be sure. The scrollbar might jump down in pages rather than per track for all I know.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Trying to work it out based on the size of that scrollbar haha. The original game had 20 tracks. So if we were to scroll down 3 more places to reach track 11 (which would be 10, halfway, if ignoring Opening Demo), would the scrollbar be halfway down as well? I feel like there might be room for the 3 boss themes added in other versions, but I obviously can't be sure. The scrollbar might jump down in pages rather than per track for all I know.
Yeah I was looking at that. There are 8 tracks on that screen, and I think there's easily room for three complete scroll bars, so for me that definitely suggests more than 20 tracks.