OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
That's fantastic, hats off to whoever made these covers.

They are the actual covers for Steam and not fan made. All of them are based on original logos of the respective Japanese box arts.

For example.
FF4_WSC_Logo.png

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Ended up biting on all three through GMG. I was originally only going to grab FF3, but at that price I may as well get the first two now rather than waiting for a sale.

This will be my first time playing FF3. I'm looking forward to it.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
No GBA content is fucking lame, but I'm still excited for 1, and 4-6. 4 and 6 in particular have a very special place in my heart and are extremely nostalgic for me.

clarciel

Jun 14, 2021
got the bundle. can't wait to dive back in!
still not sure the order in which i'll play, but probably I -> II -> III because im basic

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm waiting for the (hopefully eventual) console release, but I actually cannot wait.

I have less than 1% expectations on this but please @ me if there is an MP toggle in FF1.

Also if the boss battle music has been added to 1 and 2.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They are the actual covers for Steam and not fan made. All of them are based on original logos of the respective Japanese box arts.

For example.
FF4_WSC_Logo.png
Its odd because FF1 and FF2 have different logos than the current ones. As far as I know the PSP versions were the first that had the ones that are shown in the Pixel Remasters.

Whereas here are the original logos:
final-fantasy-logo.jpg

rnltz5309iy21.jpg

Either way I prefer the newer logos for 1 and 2.

OskarXCI

Banned
Nov 11, 2018
The current logos for FFI & II were made for the 20th Anniversary PSP editions, yes, and has been the official logos since then.

FFIV does have two logos. At first I thought the Golbez logo was the replacement but since the PSP version had the Kain logo again, it became clear that the 2D and 3D versions are meant to have different logos.

Maybe they should have done the same with FFIII?

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm currently deep into an Ace Attorney binge (playing TGAA on Steam and the older games on iOS), but I'm still buying these day one to support them (and maybe I'll play these when I need to take a break from AA).

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I know that the Golbez logo is for the 3D remake, but I still wish it would become the true logo for FFIV. Looks far more imposing.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Grabbed the GMG deal for all 3 games and am now waiting for the keys. Had to use a VPN because they're not selling them based on my region somehow.

Probably will play via Steam Link on my phone or ipad.

Which games are you going to start with?
I recently finished the PSP FF1 and still have secret dungeons to go through so I will not start with that. Probably will play III first.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Grabbed the GMG deal for all 3 games and am now waiting for the keys. Had to use a VPN because they're not selling them based on my region somehow.

Probably will play via Steam Link on my phone or ipad.

Which games are you going to start with?
I recently finished the PSP FF1 and still have secret dungeons to go through so I will not start with that. Probably will play III first.

I intend to record a playthrough of the entire the series numerical order for the 35th Anniversary of Final Fantasy next year. Although the keyword here being "intend". I'm inherently lazy and may not bother with the recording part and just do the playthrough.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think that sliding puzzle Easter egg from FF1 made it in?

edit: An explanation for those unaware -
finalfantasywiki.com

15 Puzzle - Final Fantasy Wiki, the Final Fantasy encyclopedia

The 15 Puzzle (also known as 15 Block[1]) is an optional hidden minigame present in nearly every version of Final Fantasy, starting from the original Nintendo Entertainment System release. It is an adaptation of the real-life 15 puzzle, where the player must slide 15 numbered tiles into their...

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
FF1 is gonna be hard to not spoil considering the entire meme about Final Fantasy Origin xD

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Do you think that sliding puzzle Easter egg from FF1 made it in?

Well it was in FF Origins, also if you did it fast enough you get 10,000 Gil. which makes for great starting cash early on. The GBA re-release just gives you a Megalixir. Since it's part of the original FF. Suffice to say I'm sure its back considering how faithful these Remasters are to the original games.

Besides that, I want to know what my favorite mountain track will sound like with the new audio arrangements. Gonna wait awhile but I'm looking forward to that.

I'm talking about this one by the way.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
FF1 is gonna be hard to not spoil considering the entire meme about Final Fantasy Origin xD

Hiding this as a precaution.

I am half tempted to use NES Rom text editor to make a Spoof Rom hack of the NES FF1
and just replace all of the in-game dialog related to Killing Chaos and needing to kill Chaos...and needing to restore the Crystals because it will allow me to Kill Chaos. Did I mention I need to Kill Chaos.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hiding this as a precaution.

I am half tempted to use NES Rom text editor to make a Spoof Rom hack of the NES FF1
and just replace all of the in-game dialog related to Killing Chaos and needing to kill Chaos...and needing to restore the Crystals because it will allow me to Kill Chaos. Did I mention I need to Kill Chaos.
PLEASE do so xD

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I intend to record a playthrough of the entire the series numerical order for the 35th Anniversary of Final Fantasy next year. Although the keyword here being "intend". I'm inherently lazy and may not bother with the recording part and just do the playthrough.

That sounds like a daunting project😂 Even just to play through the series, let alone record everything.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its odd because FF1 and FF2 have different logos than the current ones. As far as I know the PSP versions were the first that had the ones that are shown in the Pixel Remasters.

Whereas here are the original logos:
final-fantasy-logo.jpg

rnltz5309iy21.jpg

Either way I prefer the newer logos for 1 and 2.
They're not new, they were used for FFI and II PSP. The logos you posted were for PS1 and GBA.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they based it, even a little bit, of the cancelled Wonderswan Color version?

I was mulling this over as well, turns out someone made a comparison between the couple assets we got of that cancelled release and the Pixel Remaster. Doesn't look like, at least with that small sampling, anything came over.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the plan is set yet for the next three games, but I was thinking that even though they are coming out separately, I think that they should only get on OT for all three. The games are coming out close to each other, and I think having one catch-all OT for all three would benefit the conversations.

Another idea would be to update this thread and its title to add the remaining games as they come out. Maybe that'd be a better idea, actually. I dunno. What do you guys think?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm not sure if the plan is set yet for the next three games, but I was thinking that even though they are coming out separately, I think that they should only get on OT for all three. The games are coming out close to each other, and I think having one catch-all OT for all three would benefit the conversations.

Another idea would be to update this thread and its title to add the remaining games as they come out. Maybe that'd be a better idea, actually. I dunno. What do you guys think?
Some dates in steamdb (which I'm sure are placeholders) suggest a month wait between titles.

I think one thread for all 6 titles would be fantastic, with an updated title when new games release. It'd give us so much more to talk about over the next few months.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Are these coming to Apple TV too, in addition to iOS? I'm guessing not, as I haven't seen Square say anything specific about it.
No idea. I hope so though. Really weird to me that none of the existing FF games have Apple TV support, and disappointing since at least one SE game (Chrono Trigger) has it. No reason for them not to implement it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Some dates in steamdb (which I'm sure are placeholders) suggest a month wait between titles.

I think one thread for all 6 titles would be fantastic, with an updated title when new games release. It'd give us so much more to talk about over the next few months.

I'd be all for a universal FF Pixel Remaster thread covering all six games. Also the discourse for each game would be relevant to coincide for each release. The only thing we'd need to be mindful is keeping up the spoiler warnings for folks that playing FFIII or any of the others for the first time.

Games should be dropping on Steam in 2 hours folks!

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Seems like people are relatively excited for these after the tepid initial response. Was there anything released that prompted a change in reception or did some of the disappointment just wear away over time?

I'm looking forward to these but I'm really hoping they come to the Switch eventually!