Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Yes, I am aware. Hence why I mentioned that we have gotten smaller specific references to various things from all the games here and there. But when it comes to borrowing things on a bigger scale, they're only really drawing from the first six games.
I would agree with this. We know that Yoshi-P's favourite FF is 3, so I wonder if he's got more of a soft spot for the older school FFs.

Also FFXI and XIV we're both originally designed as spiritual successors to FF3. So it may be that drawing so much from 4-6 are what they feel like they can get away with without diluting that initial vision quite so much.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
latest

Jan 11, 2018
Great cast. One of the best, even. I like Auron a lot too, but I think his English voice actor both being good in general and a cut above the rest that makes Auron stand out more than him being better written. So I would have to say Tidus and Yuna. Their journey together, and the romance. Best official FF couple.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for filling out the sphere grid in FFX? I keep running out of the spheres or gil. I am finding this harder than the ultimate weapon minigames.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How big a concern are jobs in FFV? I was playing through the pixel remaster with a team of Mystic Knight, White/Time Mage, Blue/Red Mage and Black Mage/Summoner but I got to a point where I'm down a party member (the red mage) and apparently have to fight a few bosses to progress, but at the same time got a bunch more jobs unlocked and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Am I supposed to be bringing up all the jobs from level 1 or do I just pick some and stick with them? Also, I was trying to be sort-of well-rounded, but I feel I may have gone too heavy on the magic side.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
How big a concern are jobs in FFV? I was playing through the pixel remaster with a team of Mystic Knight, White/Time Mage, Blue/Red Mage and Black Mage/Summoner but I got to a point where I'm down a party member (the red mage) and apparently have to fight a few bosses to progress, but at the same time got a bunch more jobs unlocked and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Am I supposed to be bringing up all the jobs from level 1 or do I just pick some and stick with them? Also, I was trying to be sort-of well-rounded, but I feel I may have gone too heavy on the magic side.

Generally speaking, you are doing it right. For a casual playthrough FFV wants you to find a balanced party and more or less stick with the jobs to master them "naturally".
Regardless, there are some jobs that are generally better for specific enemies and bosses.
If I'm guessing right about where you are in the game right now, you should have access to a specific job that will make most of these bosses easier:
I'm guessing that you need to visit all the meteors and defeat the bosses within?
If so, you should have the Samurai job, getting Gil Toss on them and grinding a bit of gil, is essentially meant as a way to cheese the bosses, in case Galuf was your big damage dealer.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Generally speaking, you are doing it right. For a casual playthrough FFV wants you to find a balanced party and more or less stick with the jobs to master them "naturally".
Regardless, there are some jobs that are generally better for specific enemies and bosses.
If I'm guessing right about where you are in the game right now, you should have access to a specific job that will make most of these bosses easier:
I'm guessing that you need to visit all the meteors and defeat the bosses within?
If so, you should have the Samurai job, getting Gil Toss on them and grinding a bit of gil, is essentially meant as a way to cheese the bosses, in case Galuf was your big damage dealer.
Oh cool thanks. Yeah that's exactly the scenario. I'll check it out.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool thanks. Yeah that's exactly the scenario. I'll check it out.

To add a bit onto my previous statement, the Job Mastery system does allow for some awesome combinations - so having 2-3 jobs per character is still encouraged.
Feel free to go hard on one specific job, but still have a few job levels in others, to allow some mixing and matching.

Personally I like to have Thief levelled on all party members to job level 2 or 3 for access to some neat out of combat passives. And having it on all members, means that I can swap around in case I need something specific for combat.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just a fun thought: What's an unannounced FF-related title or spinoff you hope gets announced for 2023?

I think what I would want the most is a proper Dissidia game. Street Fighter VI, Tekken 8 and Project L have a very good chance of making fighting games a hot commodity next year. If they put the effort into an FF-fanservice-driven fighting game with the same polish and non-bullshit microtransactions of SFVI, it could be something really special.

Or they could just do an HD remaster of Dissidia 012. That would also be…acceptable, but it still feels like a wasted opportunity not to do a new modern version with an expanded roster.

Basically…..NT but not terrible this time. And without the arena crap.

It's kind of astonishing how they squandered the concept of NT.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Turn the lights off. Stand perfectly still. Close your eyes. Become one with humanity. Reach out with your heart, and you will hear the words of the chosen. They all call for the same thing.

musou Musou MuSou MUSOU MUSOU MUUUUSOOOOOUUU

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just interested in Theatrythm here.

... I have to say, I am surprised the FF series didn't get a Musou game yet. Not that I'm interested in one, been there done that, but considering the expansive cast, it would be very easy to pull off a Musou Dissidia game for instance.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I knew I forgot something obvious. I think I've been clamoring for Musou FF for so long I've plum forgotten about it.

I would also very much like a new Tactics game. A remake/remaster of FFT is all but guaranteed at this point, if not already in development. But I would love an actual NEW Tactics game, provided it adheres to the original game's aesthetics and tone and not FFT:A.

I also want a Netflix series. I don't even care which FF or FF setting gets adapted, it's kind of ridiculous this hasn't happened by now.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
So, I believe I managed to find a perfect way to nerf Rikku in FFX. I was going for a no strength/magic up spheres run and looked for a way to not make it a cakewalk due to mix/use shenanigans. Basically, instead of completely banning most of her toolkit you introduce a mechanic of sorts:

1. Can only use non-damage dealing mixes + no trio.
2. Can only Use (as in command "Use") grenades and ABP by default, BUT you get access to everything if Rikku's overdrive bar is EMPTY.
3. Can only be stoic overdrive mode.
4. Only Rikku can use "Use".

Essentially, she can still be the most potent party member if her bar is empty for a few turns but with stoic you lose access to that if she gets hit only once, so it's really difficult to abuse in most boss fights.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Replying for discord link. I don't know how I missed this section of the community for so long.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to play and finish FF1.
That's 1, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15 down (OG mainline, not counting remakes, spin-offs and FFXIV).
From those I haven't finished yet, which is the quickest and easiest to beat before 16 comes out?
FF1 took me around 16 hours in like 2 and a half weeks with guides to not get lost.

Last edited:

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Finally got around to play and finish FF1.
That's 1, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15 down (OG mainline, not counting remakes, spin-offs and FFXIV).
From those I haven't finished yet, which is the quickest and easiest to beat before 16 comes out?
FF1 took me around 16 hours in like 2 and a half weeks with guides to not get lost.
2-4 are your best options here if you go for the Pixel Remasters. You could do VIII with the speed boost but I wouldn't recommend that for a first time player.

But my advice would be take a break.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Getting really worried about the gameplay.

I feel like it's not for me at all.

Just watched the 18 minutes gameplay dongeon and it doesn't resonate with me at all.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Hey folks - posting here as I didn't want to make a specific standalone thread and thought this was the best place for it. I am currently at a point where I've played at least a bit of every mainline FF game except for XI and the fact that I am missing one is starting to bug me a little lol

If I was to start now, playing exclusively solo, approximately how many hours would it take me to take in the main story if I rush exclusively the main story content with no side stuff etc?

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina
Being replaying FF9 and I don't feel like touching this game again, combat is just simply soooo slow, like I have to take a break every hour of play.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Steam release, even with the speed cheat there's a clear lag between me selecting an action and it being performed by the character.
While not exactly what you are talking about, have you tried the battle speed slider in Moguri mod? I can't touch the game without it.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-25-at-9.43.15-AM-1024x678.png

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina
Will eventually try the mod but the fact that I have use one to make the game enjoyable says not so good things about the game.

Stiletto

Jan 4, 2023
6 hours into FFV and loving it so far. But is everything supposed to hit like a truck? Because damn lol every major battle so far has been a desperate DPS race to out-damage and out-heal.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
6 hours into FFV and loving it so far. But is everything supposed to hit like a truck? Because damn lol every major battle so far has been a desperate DPS race to out-damage and out-heal.
It evens out over time, but early on it's important to have a dedicated white mage to ensure you can keep everyone healed up in tough fights. You can multitarget with their cure spells, but it reduces the amount healed to roughly a third per character, so it's something to consider when you need to top everyone up a bit.

The good thing about the job system is that you can have two people pulling their weight in healing, even if they aren't white mages, by raising their class level and passing !WhiteMagic to them. Since your "minimum stats" for it will raise in accordance to how much is needed to use it semi-effectively, you can have Cure and whatever else lvl 1 white magic spells on call with those that have it.

It's best to work on developing strengths with what classes you work on, so you can be sure those characters will have all the tools they need to handle tough fights, but early on it's totally good to ensure you have a little done in whatever classes you have to make sure you can adjust and deal with whatever problems you might have.

Over time you'll find better enemies to fight for AP, and it'll be easier to get classes mastered intentionally rather then passively while fighting and dungeon diving, so watch out for that. Some late-class abilities can be very powerful or useful, and Black/White/etc magic will let you use higher level spells when equipped to someone as an ability as you level their respective class, enabling more interesting tactics.

Don't be afraid to toss some hi-potions here and there, but have fun and make good use of Protect/Shell once you can get those : D

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Started replaying Final Fantasy X last night... or more accurately, playing it for myself for the first time.

Over 20 years ago when it came out, my friend got it for his birthday and we played large chunks of it together - he did most of it but sometimes I played too. We never beat it but we got really far into it and I mostly remember some of the big plot beats and general themes and ideas, the rest of it is a blur. Main thing I remember is how dreamlike the game felt, and that's definitely still the case. The scenery, the music, the atmosphere, the story and characters, it's just so sublime, more than any other RPG I have played you feel like you're thrust into another world, on a journey.

Not very far in (just beat the big plant boss in the jungle after Sin knocked the boat around), but the battle system really is fantastic. I can't say I've ever loved an ATB system in FF even if I love the games overall, but a proper turn based system, with an easy-to-follow order of actions, and on-the-spot party swapping is really satisfying.

I do wish they gave this release proper dual audio, but honestly, as someone who plays almost all their JRPGs in Japanese if they can help it, the voice acting is pretty good for being a game as old as this. Obviously there's some corny deliveries but I think the script and localization is strong, there's a lot of personality and charm to it. Looking forward to more.

Jan 11, 2018
Started replaying Final Fantasy X last night... or more accurately, playing it for myself for the first time.

Top 3 FF for me. So damn good.

Not very far in (just beat the big plant boss in the jungle after Sin knocked the boat around), but the battle system really is fantastic. I can't say I've ever loved an ATB system in FF even if I love the games overall, but a proper turn based system, with an easy-to-follow order of actions, and on-the-spot party swapping is really satisfying.

I highly recommend Radiant Historia (either the DS version with nicer artwork, or the 3DS remaster with some QoL updates and more generic looking art direction). The battle system is like the one in FFX but with a nice twist. Great story and music too!

I do wish they gave this release proper dual audio, but honestly, as someone who plays almost all their JRPGs in Japanese if they can help it, the voice acting is pretty good for being a game as old as this. Obviously there's some corny deliveries but I think the script and localization is strong, there's a lot of personality and charm to it. Looking forward to more.

Yeah, out of every single Final Fantasy game they decided to release on modern platforms, this is the one that needed the dual audio option the most. I'm gonna assume there's licensing issues with the original Japanese cast.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Which of the F2P mobile gacha Fina Fantasy games is considered the best and actually fun day to day?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Which of the F2P mobile gacha Fina Fantasy games is considered the best and actually fun day to day?
Hard to say, I would recommend it be strictly F2P if it's FFBE or WotV though, as they're having a bit or a moment being handled by Gumi. Opera Omnia is handled by SE themselves and is also a gacha.

But it has a story that has all the characters from every game interacting with each other and trying to have a normal one in FF Collab land. 4 seasons of story arcs. 4th just kinda started and the first season is a bit slow going as it's establishing stuff. But the premise of their interactions is that different characters, even from the same game, have their memories but from different points over the course of their FF installment.

For example Squall has his post game memories but Zell only has his Disc 1 memories. So even though I said Season 1 is a bit slow, it's only slow in terms of things happening. It's otherwise full with character interactions just like Season 2 but Season 2 is where it gets interesting, and the character work more meaty, least in my experience (though it did involve Vivi so it's definitely a game that lets you spend more time with the characters even if it's very....Care Bear-esque in it's pacing/format).

The game is very grindy but also has no stamina and you can select which Season to play as a Act/Chapter select but you do have to do a portion of Season 1 first before you're able to select a Act (the game will notify you). And none of the story is difficult, there will be end game encounters tuned to the meta for that time, but for the story stuff it doesn't take much to blow stuff up. This is because the difficulty ramps up as you go thru a Chapter before immediately going back to square 1 on the difficulty scale and ramping up again in through the next chapter.

So while the difficulty does increase, it crests before it crashes down again. Absent the fights that were made to be more challenging. You can even play on hard mode to get rewards from both normal and hard from just the 1 clear but if you're there strictly for the story can just stick to Normal.

For reference my favorite SE mobile games were Mobius and FFRK. Mobius is long dead and FFRK global has shuttered as well. So I only dip my head in on the remaining ones from time to time now. They're fine but either mismanaged (FFBE and WotV though I do check in and play a bit of both every now and then as F2P for the good work the Composers do) or not as exciting to me as FFRK was (DFFOO which does nail the character work for me so it's enough to also play in a casual F2P manner).

There is Ever Crisis coming out if you can't get enough FFVII but I'm not sure how that one is going to play out insomuch as if it will be long for this world.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It's Opera Omnia and with the closure of FFRK and Mobius it's not even close, the others currently going on are far more explitative and have boring mechanics.

Opera Omnia is also very generous, though admittedly the early game is gonna be INSANELY easy and repetitive for a while, so if you would rather skip the first Act and go into the second one and just work through the story and permanent rewards over time, that's totally fine.

It's a weapon gatcha, but you get tons of single pull tickets and multi-pull gems. This early, you can afford to mix their use, but you generally wanna save the Gems to pity rarer parts of a character's kit (BT and FR weapons), and tickets can be best used to play the odds on units you've already gotten built.

You wanna try for the full kit of these characters, and right now I recommend you try for what I consider a good starting team; the Damage, the Support, and the Wildcard.

In the current banners, Cloud is the Damage, doing tons of hits and expected to pull a lot of the weight in damage, with the added utility of inflicting paralysis regularily.

Rosa is the Support, giving passivr damage and general effectiveness bonuses to the team, and providing healing and supportive effects in her kit, with the added bonus of being recently updated to do lots of damage when her full kit is unleashed.

Setzer is a Wildcard, supporting the party with strange and interesting utility that can make or break certain fights, and generally have fun synergy with other characters. He not only regularily delays the turns of enemies with his Red Card, and has three uses of a powerful enemy damage denial move in Freeze Joker, but his EX does unblockable damage, his LD provides an effect to himself and his allies that causes most of their brave hits to do Rainbow Hits (instant max Brv damage possible). Super useful regardless of what fight he's in.

It's gonna take a little bit to get used to the game and how it plays, but when you've got the rhythm down and start having fun maxing out all the characters you come across and making interesting team comps, you will be addicted in the good way, to all the depth of the combat, AND the depth of the characterization.

Seriously speaking, the way they represent and reference things with the characters movesets and how fun and interestingly they can work together Is one thing, but when the story really starts going in Act 2 (if you're an FFXIV Nerd you'll understand the value of a slow burn), it's just banger after banger of extended epilogues and character studies between all the heroes and villains that show up over time.

Ultemecia bonding with Noel over their timeline related woes, Galuf pointedly attacking Golbez's suicidal guilt with words that make me cry to this day, Machina getting the chance to repent and grow from his terrible fate in his home game, Kuja and Vivi exploring their feelings of a short life and the inexcapable death they both had to confront...

There is so many amazing and beautiful moments in the story, and so many great interactions, if this game was sold as a non-gatcha thing, that'd be the first thing people would be praising it for.

So anyways, if you don't have an addictive personality and can successfully avoid the admittedly mostly benign attempts to hustle you, the game makes it much easier then others to simply only spend on the basic mogpass if you just enjoyed the game and wanna support it, then you'll have an excellent time.

However, and I cannot stress this enough,

IT'S STILL A GATCHA.

The best Gatchas are always still, above all else, scummy gambling subliminal messaging machines.

If you have any other choices like classic rpgs or indie titles on the go, that's gonna always be the safer and more fulfilling route.

But if you HAD to play any FF Gatcha, OPERA OMNIA is the best and frankly only option. Nothing compares, from non-sexual fan service, deep writing, inventive gameplay ideas, and genuine non-cheap (most of the time, dang you Lufenian Era) challenge, and most of all, INSANE generosity and huge amounts of freely accessible premium currency locked behind easily accomplished grinding and chaff stage completion.

Play Opera Omnia, and maybe try Ever Crisis until it makes you mad that it expects you to spend 300 dollars to get Dress Cloud to beat the stages in like, Junon Harbor or something. Cause you know just cause it will have all of FFVII at the start, doesn't mean it'll all be doable without a creditcard.

Also, don't buy the costumes, the value is insanely poor and they offer nothing but a different model on your character for the price of a good game on sale. I don't support their price point, if they were like 15-20 bucks that'd be another story, but it's easily ignored outside of going "wow that's a cool costume, anyways..."

Also Also, we have a friendly and helpful ERA OT for the game too, with lovely folks. Feel free to jump in and ask for any help, not sure if the FF Discord here has anyone good with the game, but if you want a buddy to more directly assist, shoot me a DM and I'll help you out.

Remember, Always Play Responsibly, And NEVER Spend Out Of Obligation.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Hard to say, I would recommend it be strictly F2P if it's FFBE or WotV though, as they're having a bit or a moment being handled by Gumi. Opera Omnia is handled by SE themselves and is also a gacha.

But it has a story that has all the characters from every game interacting with each other and trying to have a normal one in FF Collab land. 4 seasons of story arcs. 4th just kinda started and the first season is a bit slow going as it's establishing stuff. But the premise of their interactions is that different characters, even from the same game, have their memories but from different points over the course of their FF installment.

For example Squall has his post game memories but Zell only has his Disc 1 memories. So even though I said Season 1 is a bit slow, it's only slow in terms of things happening. It's otherwise full with character interactions just like Season 2 but Season 2 is where it gets interesting, and the character work more meaty, least in my experience (though it did involve Vivi so it's definitely a game that lets you spend more time with the characters even if it's very....Care Bear-esque in it's pacing/format).

The game is very grindy but also has no stamina and you can select which Season to play as a Act/Chapter select but you do have to do a portion of Season 1 first before you're able to select a Act (the game will notify you). And none of the story is difficult, there will be end game encounters tuned to the meta for that time, but for the story stuff it doesn't take much to blow stuff up. This is because the difficulty ramps up as you go thru a Chapter before immediately going back to square 1 on the difficulty scale and ramping up again in through the next chapter.

So while the difficulty does increase, it crests before it crashes down again. Absent the fights that were made to be more challenging. You can even play on hard mode to get rewards from both normal and hard from just the 1 clear but if you're there strictly for the story can just stick to Normal.

For reference my favorite SE mobile games were Mobius and FFRK. Mobius is long dead and FFRK global has shuttered as well. So I only dip my head in on the remaining ones from time to time now. They're fine but either mismanaged (FFBE and WotV though I do check in and play a bit of both every now and then as F2P for the good work the Composers do) or not as exciting to me as FFRK was (DFFOO which does nail the character work for me so it's enough to also play in a casual F2P manner).

There is Ever Crisis coming out if you can't get enough FFVII but I'm not sure how that one is going to play out insomuch as if it will be long for this world.

It's Opera Omnia and with the closure of FFRK and Mobius it's not even close, the others currently going on are far more explitative and have boring mechanics.

Opera Omnia is also very generous, though admittedly the early game is gonna be INSANELY easy and repetitive for a while, so if you would rather skip the first Act and go into the second one and just work through the story and permanent rewards over time, that's totally fine.

It's a weapon gatcha, but you get tons of single pull tickets and multi-pull gems. This early, you can afford to mix their use, but you generally wanna save the Gems to pity rarer parts of a character's kit (BT and FR weapons), and tickets can be best used to play the odds on units you've already gotten built.

You wanna try for the full kit of these characters, and right now I recommend you try for what I consider a good starting team; the Damage, the Support, and the Wildcard.

In the current banners, Cloud is the Damage, doing tons of hits and expected to pull a lot of the weight in damage, with the added utility of inflicting paralysis regularily.

Rosa is the Support, giving passivr damage and general effectiveness bonuses to the team, and providing healing and supportive effects in her kit, with the added bonus of being recently updated to do lots of damage when her full kit is unleashed.

Setzer is a Wildcard, supporting the party with strange and interesting utility that can make or break certain fights, and generally have fun synergy with other characters. He not only regularily delays the turns of enemies with his Red Card, and has three uses of a powerful enemy damage denial move in Freeze Joker, but his EX does unblockable damage, his LD provides an effect to himself and his allies that causes most of their brave hits to do Rainbow Hits (instant max Brv damage possible). Super useful regardless of what fight he's in.

It's gonna take a little bit to get used to the game and how it plays, but when you've got the rhythm down and start having fun maxing out all the characters you come across and making interesting team comps, you will be addicted in the good way, to all the depth of the combat, AND the depth of the characterization.

Seriously speaking, the way they represent and reference things with the characters movesets and how fun and interestingly they can work together Is one thing, but when the story really starts going in Act 2 (if you're an FFXIV Nerd you'll understand the value of a slow burn), it's just banger after banger of extended epilogues and character studies between all the heroes and villains that show up over time.

Ultemecia bonding with Noel over their timeline related woes, Galuf pointedly attacking Golbez's suicidal guilt with words that make me cry to this day, Machina getting the chance to repent and grow from his terrible fate in his home game, Kuja and Vivi exploring their feelings of a short life and the inexcapable death they both had to confront...

There is so many amazing and beautiful moments in the story, and so many great interactions, if this game was sold as a non-gatcha thing, that'd be the first thing people would be praising it for.

So anyways, if you don't have an addictive personality and can successfully avoid the admittedly mostly benign attempts to hustle you, the game makes it much easier then others to simply only spend on the basic mogpass if you just enjoyed the game and wanna support it, then you'll have an excellent time.

IT'S STILL A GATCHA.

The best Gatchas are always still, above all else, scummy gambling subliminal messaging machines.

If you have any other choices like classic rpgs or indie titles on the go, that's gonna always be the safer and more fulfilling route.

But if you HAD to play any FF Gatcha, OPERA OMNIA is the best and frankly only option. Nothing compares, from non-sexual fan service, deep writing, inventive gameplay ideas, and genuine non-cheap (most of the time, dang you Lufenian Era) challenge, and most of all, INSANE generosity and huge amounts of freely accessible premium currency locked behind easily accomplished grinding and chaff stage completion.

Play Opera Omnia, and maybe try Ever Crisis until it makes you mad that it expects you to spend 300 dollars to get Dress Cloud to beat the stages in like, Junon Harbor or something. Cause you know just cause it will have all of FFVII at the start, doesn't mean it'll all be doable without a creditcard.

Also, don't buy the costumes, the value is insanely poor and they offer nothing but a different model on your character for the price of a good game on sale. I don't support their price point, if they were like 15-20 bucks that'd be another story, but it's easily ignored outside of going "wow that's a cool costume, anyways..."

Also Also, we have a friendly and helpful ERA OT for the game too, with lovely folks. Feel free to jump in and ask for any help, not sure if the FF Discord here has anyone good with the game, but if you want a buddy to more directly assist, shoot me a DM and I'll help you out.

Thanks for these helpful and hugely in-depth responses! I'll try Opera Omnia. I'm good at not spending irresponsibly in these games so hopefully that keeps going.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks for these helpful and hugely in-depth responses! I'll try Opera Omnia. I'm good at not spending irresponsibly in these games so hopefully that keeps going.
I wish you the best! There is a website called the Tonberry Troupe ran by very dedicated players in the overall community, and they create in-depth tutorials of all the mechanics, how to face the bosses in their hardest forms, how all the characters work, and have multiple links to other amazing player resources.

After you get your bearings, give the site a look, it's insanely useful and can be fun to read : D

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017

IT'S STILL A GATCHA.

+1 ^^b

Wish ya the best of luck, but yea try and be responsible.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is FFXV Royal Pack worth it for someone who beat FFXV back at launch (I got it day 1 and finished it in March 2017), but didn't come close to doing all the optional stuff, and if so, what would be the best way to handle it?
I have the character episodes DLC but never played them, though I did play through Gladio's chapter 13 after I'd finished the game.

Would it be worth starting from scratch, or could I get away with doing the new content with my end game save and just picking and choosing any changed story chapters via a menu, like you could do for the alternate Gladio chapter?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Is FFXV Royal Pack worth it for someone who beat FFXV back at launch (I got it day 1 and finished it in March 2017), but didn't come close to doing all the optional stuff, and if so, what would be the best way to handle it?
I have the character episodes DLC but never played them, though I did play through Gladio's chapter 13 after I'd finished the game.

Would it be worth starting from scratch, or could I get away with doing the new content with my end game save and just picking and choosing any changed story chapters via a menu, like you could do for the alternate Gladio chapter?

Yes especially for the price it is when it goes on sale. I score it at least a 89 out of 100.

I bought the game a month after its release and finished the base game back in 2018 (I did all the quests lol).

I played the DLC packs (Gladio, Prompto, Ignis and Ardyn) in 2022 and did all the post release updates (like the FFXIV Collaboration, Assassin's Creed Origins event, Moogle/Chocobo event, etc.).

In total - 127 hours and it was my first platinum trophy game.

Ubp6SGK.jpg

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina

Royal Pack is good enough for what it is, best way to experience it is by using your end game save and using "chapter select" to replay ch.14 to experience the new content from beginning to end. Using your end game save may make the new content easier though but this is more time efficient than doing from scratch.

Warning: using chapter select resets all side-quest and hunts from scratch but if you didn't do all optional stuff this shouldn't so much of a trouble.

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina
Just bought World of Final Fantasy + its "Maxima" expansion, heard the expansion adds some new story content, do you access it by playing normally or do you have to complete certain stuff first?

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought World of Final Fantasy + its "Maxima" expansion, heard the expansion adds some new story content, do you access it by playing normally or do you have to complete certain stuff first?

Most of what Maxima adds is just QoL stuff + some added improvements and fights.
I think the added story stuff is mostly post-game.