Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Could have sworn they showed that Aerith art before but it's just her in front of nothing on the sound selection vinyl

0905s_0019__64494.1696014017.jpg

Now I'm a bit miffed there's no highwind on there lol

Ear Mortal

Mar 9, 2022
There's so much more coming too. Better looks at Costa De Sol and Cosmo Canyon, actually seeing inside the Gold Saucer and all it's areas (Haunted House, the big Stage Play, Gondala ride etc). Gongaga, NIbelheim village and a spooky Shinra Mansion, Rocket Town, Temple of the Ancients and my personal favourite (music helps with this one) Forgotten City. Probably more I'm leaving out too.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I leaning towards using dynamic for my first playthough.

I would like it if more action RPGs had such a mode. I love getting new options through abilities as I level up, but I hate feeling so overpowered that I don't need to engage with any of those abilities.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
More options are always welcome. FF games tend to err more towards being easy and it's nice not having to find ways to hold back for a challenge.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Half the game is apparently side content so if you do everything the actual main story is going to be super easy. They have this dynamic difficulty so that you can keep the challenge while doing all the side content. You won't be locked into the decision either and can switch as you feel like it.
This might be the way I play. I always do all the side content. So this will make stuff not too easy for me.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
So the solution for a game to be challenging, its not making ennemies more agressive, new move or make them stronger, but to level scale everything. This is genius.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Dynamic Difficulty seems interesting.

Unsure if i'll use it though, as I don't recall it ever being *too* easy in Remake. On Normal, the difficulty always felt just right to me.

Though I guess that was a more linear experience than Rebirth seems to be offering (at least with the open field part). So it might just be moreso Dynamic so you're never like over-leveled if you want that. Which seems like a nice compromise over forcing enemy scaling.

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamic is just going to be spongey enemies isn't it?
So the solution for a game to be challenging, its not making ennemies more agressive, new move or make them stronger, but to level scale everything. This is genius.

this may surprise you guys but most game difficulty is just math/damage tuning. no point having more agressive enemies with cool moves if they still die in 2 hits....

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Most important part of the new difficulties is that they can be changed at any time during the game. That wasn't the case in Remake if I recall.

So you can definitely start in Dynamic, and if you suck you can change it.

I'm probably going to choose Dynamic because I will absolutely do everything on the map as I get to new areas and will be way overleveled in normal mode.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That sounds like level scaling lol.

Enemies that are a higher level might have spells/abilities they wouldn't otherwise have, for example.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I know already that I will do all the side content so this is great. Dunno if I want to fight a story boss who is level 30 while I'm 50 xD. Hope the NG+ hard mode will also have a (optional) dynamic mode. If it does maybe I don't use it in my first playthrough after all and just murder everything 🤔

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah I find some of the comments here strange. Reminds me of how people were miffed that hard mode was behind NG+ on Remake, when doing it on a fresh save would literally be impossible cause you'd get murdered by the level 40 something shinra guards at the start on your level 7 Cloud

Ultimately it's still a turn based RPG with an action game abstraction built around it, it's not Devil May Cry. Difficulty is going to be about making enemies spongier, because the skill expression in this game isn't about execution but decision making and damage optimisation. Because it is still a turn based game beneath it all. It's still a game that's best played with its menu systems that pause the flow of combat, not all the time playing with high APM button mashing and combos

So level scaling 'dynamic' mode makes a lot of sense here, for people who want it

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Most hard modes in games are just upping stats by xx% (and sometimes remove some aggro flags.)

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I need to play FF7 remake again before this releases. I haven't played it since launch and haven't touched the PS5 version at all.

Should I start again or go into NG+? I remember hearing that you had to play on the hardest difficulty on NG+ and I was only just barely able to beat the game first time around.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I need to play FF7 remake again before this releases. I haven't played it since launch and haven't touched the PS5 version at all.

Should I start again or go into NG+? I remember hearing that you had to play on the hardest difficulty on NG+ and I was only just barely able to beat the game first time around.
To be honest I don't remember exactly and I might mix things up with FFXVI but I think you can still choose normal difficulty in NG+.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I'm soo excited for this. To be honest I only got into Final Fantasy recently. I've played some of them over the years but couldn't get into them. Remake was the one that clicked for me and then I went to play the original which I loved. This was only in the last year so a lot of the original is still fresh in my mind. I took my time getting to it but seems like I played it at the perfect time :D

It seems like the PC version will come quicker this time around but I'm going to get a PS5 so I can play it as soon as possible. If I have time then I'll buy Remake on PS5 and replay it.

As for the difficulty settings I can't remember what I played at but I am up for more options. As I get older I find myself playing on easier modes lol. I'll try this new one out as long as I can turn it off to something easier if it's not for me.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Yeah I find some of the comments here strange. Reminds me of how people were miffed that hard mode was behind NG+ on Remake, when doing it on a fresh save would literally be impossible cause you'd get murdered by the level 40 something shinra guards at the start on your level 7 Cloud

Ultimately it's still a turn based RPG with an action game abstraction built around it, it's not Devil May Cry. Difficulty is going to be about making enemies spongier, because the skill expression in this game isn't about execution but decision making and damage optimisation. Because it is still a turn based game beneath it all. It's still a game that's best played with its menu systems that pause the flow of combat, not all the time playing with high APM button mashing and combos

So level scaling 'dynamic' mode makes a lot of sense here, for people who want it

Ultimately, the separation point will be in available skills and materia, which means players still progress faster than enemies do.

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
I have the solution, if you can switch between the two in game. Hear me out: Play side-contents in normal, then when you switch to the main quest, turn dynamic difficulty on, so you won't feel that you steamroll everything and still have a challenge after everything you did previously.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I have the solution, if you can switch between the two in game. Hear me out: Play side-contents in normal, then when you switch to the main quest, turn dynamic difficulty on, so you won't feel that you steamroll everything and still have a challenge after everything you did previously.

Hell yeah.

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't like level scaling, so I hope there won't be a trophy for beating the game in that mode.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty interested in seeing how the dynamic difficulty goes. In Remake they were always obsessively controlling your ability to develop any sort of raw advantage over your opponents. But it being Midgar I can almost see that the tighter scope allows this.

If you are going to open up the game to the rest of the world you are going to look extremely silly if you attempt the same thing again, so they have to loosen up the reins a little bit and allow you to grind. Dynamic seems to be another solution to that, to have the game adjust if that is what you want to do. The problem is, if I am choosing to grind it is for a reason, and if you take the reason for doing it away, then there is no point in me doing it anymore and we are back to square one.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
They said it will be a seamless world with a big map. But technically not an open world (meaning you won't be able to access every place from the start.) Remains to be seen if you'll be able to backtrack to any place once you've unlocked the entire map.
It would work out very well if they include the airship over the map.
Theyve had years beyond FF15 to figure out the airship.

I think back in 15, it was an afterthought and that was why it was hard to do in that world map, They mentioned having trouble getting the airship to get over a certain height during the development and they needed avalanche studios to provide some support.

Now with VII rebirth, i think they are set to do a better job with that. Similar.