• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
It does look fairly big for a 1/8 package. Where did you purchase her from? I find some shops like AmiAmi tend to go overboard on packing material and that adds to the weight. My shipping costs dropped pretty drastically once I switched to Hobbysearch.
Yeah, it's from Amiami - who love to stuff packages full of packaging paper rather than something like those big bubble packets.

I'm just going to let the deadline pass and order her from TOM. I don't really need that imported game right now, anyway.

Although, her price on TOM is basically the same as Amiami with shipping, lol..

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of shipping, my last two packages from AmiAmi had shipping quotes where EMS was $4 more expensive than SAL. I was genuinely surprised at how little I'd save for waiting a month to get a package.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I asked about the SDCC Supergirl exclusive via twitter
"Pre-orders are only available for shipping, there will be no pick-up at the event."

This is what they do every year. The online sales are mostly intended for people who will not be attending SDCC. I don't know what the edition size is for the exclusive. Usually it's about 3000, which is plenty. Occasionally it's a bit more scarce like with the classic-color Psylocke they released a few years back. I believe she was limited to 1500 pieces. Even so, they don't often sell out right away.

Oct 25, 2017
Er, crap. Anyone have any experience with having a problem with an item from Mandarake? As I think I mentioned before, got my first order ever from them in and the boxes and everything looked pristine so I was super impressed... and the other two items were fine. Buuuuuut one of them was the figma for Penguindrum and I began the process of taking everything out to setup, and her legs fell off. Went to put them back into place and I realized... for the ball and socket joint making up her torso, the back of the socket has essentially crumbled off, so she's like, permanently chopped in half because that just won't hold. This'll be the first time I've dealt with something being full on busted from overseas, making me deal with customer service. Ugh.

Edit: Hmm. Already sent an email, and I guess I'll see what they come back with, but looking at it further the way the big dress piece locks on I can get it to stand there as is, even though it's being weirdly supported. So I may like, glue it in place and accept the loss in versatility, but I THINK that should work okay and at least prevent the figure from being useless.

The same thing happened to my Mawaru Penguindrum figma too and unfortunately I think this is a problem with Good Smile Company and the plastic they use for Figmas and Nendoroids. I also used super glue to fix her.

Sometimes the plastic is too rigid, and crumbles after a few years (like my Nendoroid Reimu's ponytail joint) or the plastic is malleable and starts oozing plasticizer after a few years. I have several Nendoroids in my display cabinet doing this, including my oldest one Yuki Nagato. The stuff causes cancer btw.

It's really heartbreaking and as a result I've sworn off buying stuff from GSC. I remember a blog post on their official blog from a few years back where their only advice for the plasticizer problem was to wash the figure in soap water. The jovial mood of that blog post just rubbed me the wrong way.

Found the blog post:
http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/06/20/dealing-with-stickiness-on-figures/

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
So, there's apparently indeed a new Dragon Ball figuarts Zero coming out again, after a decently long break that made me think they were done with the line! Aaaaand... it's Broly. Yeeeeah, think I'll pass there. Shame the boring, poorly done character from awful movies beat Cell, Gohan, Krillin, the androids, and so on to making it into the line. But I guess if the line's not dead, there's still hope. But honestly we'd probably just get more Goku variants instead, to be realistic...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone buy Sana Futaba. She is totes adorbz and available for pre-order now.

675894.jpg

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Just realize that it is the 10th anniversary of figmas, so that is nice. Still have the snow miku figma from this year in mind for Anime Expo.

It's not totally outside the realm of possibility. The Hanna-Barbera license is owned by WB, same as DC who has been doing Hanna-Barbera comics for years.

As long as it is based on the first live action movie course!

velma+2.jpg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking kill me. The new Gundam Girls figure from MegaHouse went up for pre-order and of course she's exclusive. I limit myself to just the characters from the OG series, otherwise I'd have 50 Gundam people.

At least she's paid for now. Pre-paying rules. I wish more shops offered it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
These are so adorable.

tumblr_paphmyvGAa1qzdctco2_540.jpg

Guess they are one of the GSC wonfes exclusives. P5 MC in his school outfit is another exclusive too.
tumblr_paphfcYhie1qzdctco1_640.jpg

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
P5 MC will be at Anime Expo as well. There's also a Fate:GO figma/Nendo on the exclusive list too.

Oh yeah, I need to see what GSC is going to bring there. I have Snow Miku Figma in mind, but I should see what else they have beforehand (and hope they stick around for day 2 lol).

Oh no, looks like I will need to get a ticket now for day 2. D:

Star Falcon

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone have the reissue of SHFA Frieza that just came out? I am on the fence with it, it's expensive but i've wanted a decent Frieza figure for some time!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Wow, GSC is still offering Re-Class Nendo at Anime Expo lol. Tempting, but think I would still settle on Snow Miku Figma if I go there on day 2.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So did they really change it up last year? XD I mean shit, I pretty sure they had a billion Fight Club Mako nendoroids back then, while the previous Kill La Kill nendos sold out fast day 1.

Well, they bring shit-tons of the new thing they advertise for the event. They usually bring limited numbers of some old things people may have missed, but nowhere near the numbers of the main figure they're pushing at that particular event.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, they bring shit-tons of the new thing they advertise for the event. They usually bring limited numbers of some old things people may have missed, but nowhere near the numbers of the main figure they're pushing at that particular event.

Yeah course. They are bound to bring a crap ton of the Summer Wonfes and Snow Miku 2018 stuff. But yeah, Re-Class is likely not going to stick around long if I have any interests for her.XD

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I never got around to buying the Wo-class Nendo. I bought all the Abyssal scales though. Even pre-ordered Northern Princess for 20k ~ Ques Q pls have mercy.

I not sure if Wo-class even came to AX (least via GSC), but maybe for one time heh. The LED lights look pretty cool with that one. Re-Class probably came to AX every year since it came around.

And you will not get mercy from that princess.:P

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah course. They are bound to bring a crap ton of the Summer Wonfes and Snow Miku 2018 stuff. But yeah, Re-Class is likely not going to stick around long if I have any interests for her.XD
It depends on how they run their booth. In previous years, they would hold back stock for each day of the Con. Last year I believe they just sold everything from day 1, no held back daily allotments.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on how they run their booth. In previous years, they would hold back stock for each day of the Con. Last year I believe they just sold everything from day 1, no held back daily allotments.

On a similar topic, I thought it was a bit odd that BiJ put up the WonFes exclusives last night. Did GSC even do that yet?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

Well looks like this year now you gotta get for tickets with a assigned time during day 1 & 2. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well looks like this year now you gotta get for tickets with a assigned time during day 1 & 2. Be interesting to see how that turns out.
That's how they did it last year. You show up in the morning when the hall opens, they give out tickets w/ assigned time windows first come first serve. Then when it's close to your time window, it may pay off to show up 15 minutes or so early b/c if they're not busy they'd let you in.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
That's how they did it last year. You show up in the morning when the hall opens, they give out tickets w/ assigned time windows first come first serve. Then when it's close to your time window, it may pay off to show up 15 minutes or so early b/c if they're not busy they'd let you in.

Ah okay, will keep that in mind.

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that is a bit big, but 7300 for SAL? Please.

Actually, I'm considering just letting the payment deadline lapse and ordering her from TOM instead, since I don't really care about importing Fate/Extella Link all that much anymore.
Normal SAL stops after a certain weight and size. Then you have to switch to SAL Parcel that is more expensive and quite close to EMS. (and usually handled by the EMS partner as is the case for me)