Status
Not open for further replies.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Heading the ball down directly into someone's shoulder from a distance of five inches is never ever handball in a million years. It could not possibly have been avoided and if he could have magically vanished his upper arm, the ball would only have hit his chest with the same result. It was a ludicrous penalty.
Same shit was given against Egypt earlier. Refs are cracking under the pressure.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
So, the statue of legend was correct!!!

35954966_10157819262156840_3572728159600115712_n.jpg
Uncanny resemblance! lool

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
Heading the ball down directly into someone's shoulder from a distance of five inches is never ever handball in a million years. It could not possibly have been avoided and if he could have magically vanished his upper arm, the ball would only have hit his chest with the same result. It was a ludicrous penalty.
It's not that he could have avoided it if he did it intentionally he should have been booked, but it was an accident so the ref only gave the foul.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A handball is not determined on whether it was deliberate or not, the penalty call was correct.

That's not correct, I didn't saw the actual penalty, but it never worked this way. It needs to have intention in blocking the ball, that's why when the had/arm is not separated from the body is never a penalty. Is terribly subjective norm, so is something that VAR will never truly fix.

(oh you mean for yellow cards? I think is correct, yeah, but is not the normal, most referees don't do it)

Colin

Oct 25, 2017
Enrique Cáceres should never referee at this level again. Iran Portugal game was a total mess. So much time wasted checking VAR for things that shouldn't of even considered to be given in the first place. Just glad that I never have to see that awful team for the rest of the tournament now. But VAR in general I've been alright with before that game. Generally been on point, albeit a bit of a long turnaround at times, with a competent ref anyway.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
VAR done right is necessary. But VAR on Ronaldo's foul and the penalty were a joke.

So now that Portugal has the "harder" route, what will be the complaints when we continue to move on again?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
These matches are proof on why the "don't expand the WC with shitty teams " people are very wrong.
but this World Cup wasn't expanded to include Iran & Morocco, that last expansion was to 32 teams in 1998, so Iran & Morocco got here on their own steam in the format that has existed for 20 years.

Also, this is Iran's and Morocco's fifth World Cup appearances; they could be considered regulars, not 'shitty teams'. It's pretty insulting to lump them in with the sort of teams that will sneak into the 2026 World Cup due to the expansion.

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes we love the portuguese over there. I've never heard anything disparaging about them in France. They are the model immigrants. Hard working and they all assimilated into french culture. What the fuck are you talking about? They celebrated like Crazy all over Paris and lots of french fans joined them.

And what can you do if Henry decided to cheat to score that goal except feel bad for the irish? You think I'd be like you and defend a handball from Henry just because we won that game? Sorry I'm not that delusional.

Right. Not sure i am defending anything,and i do think we're playing a little better than in the Euro. With this coach i think there's not much we can do.
He always backs off once we score,always. When we played nice football we never won shit,now we play bad we win.
As for this game,Iran didn't do shit the whole game,Ronaldo was a red card and no fucking way that's a penalty.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want elite teams going at it, there is always the Champions League.

But I forget, a lot of people here are just casual watchers and like to do hot takes like "ban all countries that are not adequately entertaining me"

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
God forbid some countries get happy and are able to compete fairly against the biggest teams once every 4 years!

hope you find it in your heart to fight for poor papua nova guine after they still fail to qualify with the 48 teams format. not enough, we'll need 64! everyone deserves the joy of being gifted a world cup qualification because apparently it means fucking nothing and qualifiers are just an elaborate joke

If you want elite teams going at it, there is always the Champions League.

But I forget, a lot of people here are just casual watchers and like to do hot takes like "ban all countries that are not adequately entertaining me"

champions league is club football and nowhere near the importance of a world cup no matter how much europeans try to delude themselves

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people complain about "not regular" WC teams. Morocco and Iran probably played much better football than Argentina....

Custard

Alt Account
Banned
May 10, 2018
hope you find it in your heart to fight for poor papua guine after they still fail to qualify with the 48 teams format. not enough, we'll need 64! everyone deserves the joy of being gifted a world cup qualification because apparently it means fucking nothing and qualifiers are just an elaborate joke

champions league is club football and nowhere near the importance of a world cup no matter how much europeans try to delude themselves

Europeans fully well know world cup is the most importance, but theres no doubt champions league is the second highest profile tournament in the world.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
iran has no problems getting into the world cup in its current format, don't confuse them with teams who will benefit from the new format

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people complain about "not regular" WC teams. Morocco and Iran probably played much better football than Argentina....
Iran & Morocco are regulars though.

iran has no problems getting into the world cup in its current format, don't confuse them with teams who will benefit from the new format
pretending Iran is a "not regular" like Uganda and Uzbekistan is the problem here
Exactly.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
VAR is the most important advancement in the history of football. If uefa doesn't implement it is cause they knew it's a tool that wants to bring balance to the game. I'm from Portugal, we have a league where var already exists and its much more active that in the wc. And it works. Yes, it makes bad decisions sometimes but it reduces the error. The amount of crucial mistakes by the ref in a game are smaller. Who cares if the game takes a bit more time. You either want the game to be honest or dishonest. Also offside goals cease to exist, which fucking plagued the game. You let the game run, if its a goal you check if its offside. It's that simple.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope you find it in your heart to fight for poor papua nova guine after they still fail to qualify with the 48 teams format. not enough, we'll need 64! everyone deserves the joy of being gifted a world cup qualification because apparently it means fucking nothing and qualifiers are just an elaborate joke

Champions League is more important to football fans. World Cup is too random.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
There's some shit takes in here

and stop with this SA vs Europe bollocks again for fucks sake man

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright Australia fans you're welcome in advance for us blocking Denmark from getting points. You just need to beat Peru.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Champions League! Who'd want to put all their hopes and dreams into winning THAT this year!

Nah, but I agree, this is bigger for too many people across the world

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VAR needs some work, but it's the greatest thing that ever happened to this beautiful game, it needs to be used in every competition.

This WC has been great so far.
I was there when Spain and Italy got royally shafted by horrible refereeing during the 2002 WC (perhaps non coincidentally both got bad calls in favor of host country SK).

VAR has to stay but it needs refinements.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Scoring 2 goals and getting a tie is a huge win for Morocco right?

Spain's defense seems to be horrible.

I am sticking with my pick of France to win it all.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
pretending Iran is a "not regular" like Uganda and Uzbekistan is the problem here
Uganda wouldn't make it in the new format either. More like Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast. Along with the African squads already in

I don't even know how many African teams would make it in the new format anyways maybe only one of those teams mentioned would make it.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You're free to watch the ConIFA world cup instead if all you want is to "see everyone in the world playing and being happy, man"

Why not? i stand in my statement that the expanded world cup it's a good thing and you will too when the time comes.

but this World Cup wasn't expanded to include Iran & Morocco, that last expansion was to 32 teams in 1998, so Iran & Morocco got here on their own steam in the format that has existed for 20 years.

Also, this is Iran's and Morocco's fifth World Cup appearances; they could be considered regulars, not 'shitty teams'. It's pretty insulting to lump them in with the sort of teams that will sneak into the 2026 World Cup due to the expansion.

Not lumping them in the same category, Morocco and Iran stood they ground against these powerhouses even when nobody thought they could. That was what i was trying to say.

It's more insulting wanting some nations to be out and deny them of the joy of being in a world cup (Panama's example) just because you , the elite athletes of ERA think other countries are not up to your standards.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Any Barca fan here? The only way to describe the feeling that we had in the last 15 minutes for non-Iranians is that historical game with PSG that we won 6-1.
It could've been that great if it was a win instead of a damn draw. That's the reason that we're upset right now.

Anyway that was hell of a ride for us. See y'all in Qatar.

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Uganda wouldn't make it in the new format either. More like Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast. Along with the African squads already in

I don't even know how many African teams would make it in the new format anyways maybe only one of those teams mentioned would make it.
Uganda literally would have made it this year if there were 48 teams, over Ghana and Cameroon at least.

What they're proposing is 9 teams for Africa, 8 for Asia, 6 each for Concacaf & Conmebol, 1 for Oceania, 16 for Europe and 2 from cross-confederation playoffs. So, there'd be 4 more African teams, 3-4 more Asian teams, but only 1-2 more South American and 3 more European.

Status
Not open for further replies.