• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, First time I saw Sir Frank in a long time this morning... He put on quite some weight huh! This is great to see because he looked so thin for a while there.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got home late so I had to catch all the action up on DVR, with a bit of fast forwarding here and there. Here goes:

Formula 3 Race 1 was a lot of fun, great battles for the win and some spectacular overtakes and attempts. Quality defensive race by Vips who clearly didn't have the best pace but he just drove perfectly and brought it home spectacularly.

Surprisingly enjoyable qualifying session too thanks to the track conditions changing rapidly, even despite the usual Mercedes sandbagging turning into a predictable domination. Leclerc is incredible, almost pulled off an absurd pole position with a largely inferior Ferrari. Giovinazzi almost pulled off Q3, good job there. McLaren seems a bit weaker than last time. Not expecting a classic but it might be a decent race.

F2 Feature Race wasn't as exciting as F3, but still very entertaining. The Ghiotto-Latifi battle after the pit stops was a nailbiter.

Formula E too today and... holy fucking balls, this is probably the best race in any series I've seen in years. Insane battles, tons of drama, championship wide open after all kinds of combinations, battles, chaos between title rivals. Still 4 drivers in the hunt, and while Vergne probably has this, after a race like this I am afraid to place any bets. What a spectacle this was.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Romain is using the Melbourne spec, they went back to the 4 months old car specs and according to his interview with Canal Plus, he said the car is much more fun to race with.
So the current Haas is so bad the Melbourne one is better. They went in the wrong direction with upgrades.
Oh that's very Rich of them

Sorry not sorry lol

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I wasnt the one calling Ferrari strategists idiots though because I dont have the data available that they have, so I'm not in the same position. Feel free to slag people off with basically zero to go off though from your ivory tower while they make more than any of us do and work in one of the most illustrious sports in the world and for the most famous/successful team to ever compete in F1. I'm sure they'd rather be...you.

Are we also not allowed to criticise Vettel or Grosjean or Gasly because we're not F1 drivers?

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah i just watched Verstappens reaction saying he had massive lag, probably felt like he could have snatched pole. That means Pierre is even farther back again if Max indeed have those issues.

I guess Max was right when he said just a little more balance and just a little more power will bring the car to life.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So would you like a rule in this thread that no team is allowed criticism?

I bet you haven't seen any F1 Italian TV show and heard any discussion when Ferrari fuck up.
I just think its daft saying somebody fucked up on strategy like in this instance when nobody knows the feedback they've got from the different compounds.
Are we also not allowed to criticise Vettel or Grosjean or Gasly because we're not F1 drivers?
Some things are more obvious than others though arent they. If a driver is blatantly slower or making numerous mistakes its pretty evident by watching. I know it's the in thing to basically call every ferrari strategy call a joke for the last few years but nobody knows how the tyres are behaving in terms of degradation, operating window etc other than the guys with the data and I'm sure all that gets analysed a decision made of the back of it.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I just think its daft saying somebody fucked up on strategy like in this instance when nobody knows the feedback they've got from the different compounds.

What you said was more daft by a considerable margin. You should probably go elsewhere if you're so thin skinned about people's opinions.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some things are more obvious than others though arent they. If a driver is blatantly slower or making numerous mistakes its pretty evident by watching. I know it's the in thing to basically call every ferrari strategy call a joke for the last few years but nobody knows how the tyres are behaving in terms of degradation, operating window etc other than the guys with the data and I'm sure all that gets analysed a decision made of the back of it.

To put it mildly, this thread is really toxic when it comes to Ferrari. They may have been the 2nd best team in this era but from the comments you read here you'd think they're in absolute shambles like Williams.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
That GT4 start just now on Zandvoort..

Red Flag 14 seconds in.

edit:

If anyone's interested:

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That GT4 start just now on Zandvoort..

Red Flag 14 seconds in.

Somebody needs to make an edit of that video with the Burnout 3-style cash amounts of damage popping up above of the cars.

Solid F3 and F2 races in Silverstone so far, not as bonkers as yesterday but decent racing. There's a bit of rain here and there, hopefully it affects F1 too.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Well I guess people have different thresholds on what they consider "obvious".

But yeah I agree that Ferrari gets blamed unfairly for a lot of their strategy calls (even when the call turns out well lol).

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
To put it mildly, this thread is really toxic when it comes to Ferrari. They may have been the 2nd best team in this era but from the comments you read here you'd think they're in absolute shambles like Williams.

Going by previous logic Williams are beyond criticism due to their history in the sport. :)

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by previous logic Williams are beyond criticism due to their history in the sport. :)

Not really the point, no. But Ferrari has been the 2nd best team in this entire era, yet here it's being criticized as if they weren't getting race wins and challenging for the championship most of the seasons. If they're tragic, I wonder what people think of McLaren, Williams, Renault, etc..

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What you said was more daft by a considerable margin. You should probably go elsewhere if you're so thin skinned about people's opinions.

It really wasnt. If you think the people who make decisions at this level of sport are fucking idiots and you not having the information to back that up makes me an idiot by arguing against that then your beyond help quite frankly.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i just watched Verstappens reaction saying he had massive lag, probably felt like he could have snatched pole. That means Pierre is even farther back again if Max indeed have those issues.

I guess Max was right when he said just a little more balance and just a little more power will bring the car to life.
Hee seems very confident. Very curious to see how the team will perform today.

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of an engine change then? Interesting.

Seems to be a software niggle that cost Max pole, so I'd say not a chance with him having a shot at the win. The Austria updates from Red Bull and Honda (PU software) have made a huge difference to the performance, if they'd started like this we would have had a proper championship fight between Max and Hammy.

After the summer break it could get real interesting with the Spec 4 fuel reforming beast.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It really wasnt. If you think the people who make decisions at this level of sport are fucking idiots and you not having the information to back that up makes me an idiot by arguing against that then your beyond help quite frankly.

And if you expect all message board type discussions to be backed up by actual evidence in a sport where such data rarely travels beyond the walls of the participants factories then you are clearly at an elite level of naivety. Continue digging that hole though.

Status
Not open for further replies.