CrayToes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we finally have an end to Merc's dominance? Will Ferrari's dominance this season be even more fucking boring?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be like this until 2021, can't they change the rules or something? Really tired of only one team winning all the time..
Brawn is working on changing some of the aero regs that if they are practical can be brought in sooner. Mostly surrounding cleaning up the wake and therefore enabling another car to drive closer behind without turning to complete shit. A bunch of it would be simplifying the front wing.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
We
Are
Back

schumacher_todt_incidente_salute_2015.jpg

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I'm legit impressed by the turnaround since last year. I argued pretty hard that he didn't deserve his contract extension, and he's definitely proving me wrong.

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ferrari too? Everybody says Mercedes has good racing pace, but with both Ferrari cars starting on Softs they have very low chance to fight for victory tomorrow.
Yeah Ferrari have an advantage that's for sure, but if Kimi continues to lose positions at the start...

If Ferrari manage to keep p1 and p2 they'll probably win, but if Bottas manages to sneak by Kimi things can be exciting.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I never stopped hating.

Me neither.

I know what you mean but we should stick to the one rule that never let us down in the past:

Always trust in Ferrari to screw it up. Be it in the pits, the overall strategy (last race was too close) or the development of the car or in another way. That's the only thing they can be trusted with, really.

Just enjoy the ride and expect them to be off the pace in a month. And we shouldn't forget that Vettel won the first race by sheer luck and we still don't know what's going to happen in the race tomorrow. It's nice to see the cars on the front again but there's absolutely no reason to feel good about this. Expect them to be utter shit after the summer break at the latest. Not to mention all the grid penalties for changing engine parts and stuff.

Let's just hope that they get a good race tomorrow and Kimi does what he's supposed to do and cover Vettel.

You're a real friend. I needed somebody to talk me back to the ledge.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Wow at the late braking into turn 1. I had no idea you could do that. I've been doing it totally wrong in F1 2017!

And yeah, that SF71-H is fucking dialed in!
I've never tried this track, but I can just see that I'd never be able to find the right line through that corner. Way too technical, especially with the short run into T2.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I've never tried this track, but I can just see that I'd never be able to find the right line through that corner. Way too technical, especially with the short run into T2.

Yeah I slam on the brakes hard at the end of the straight, it's very hard not to psychologically. Very easy to go wide on that long, winding corner if you get it wrong and you burn a lot of speed trying to correct the line, you're then playing catchup all the way until you come out of turn 3.

Seb nailed that. I'm inspired to load up the game and do some hot laps of Shanghai circuit now.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it will last but it's nice to see Ferrari at the front. Hopefully we get another good race tomorrow.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Doing so much time on hard tyres during testing might have actually hurt Mercedes' quali pace more than it benefitted their race pace.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still wondering why Gasley/Honda did so much worse this week compared to Bahrain.

I need Wax to come back to this thread and give us his weekly Honda news and updates.

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck happened to Honda?

Toro Rosso with its drivers screwed up the setup, hopefully the higher temps forecast for tomorrow brings back some performance as their FP2 race pace and tyre deg was decent.

Honda on the other hand are on a one way trip to the top now that they're no longer burdened by the clowns at McLaren.

That Peter P and his aero team are a bunch of absolute frauds. 3 years of draggy shit and now McLaren say they've set too low targets for 2018 and they just need to make the car faster in the corners and on the straights

I hope Toro Rosso can keep up the development throughout the season and beat these shits when it's all done and dusted - that last race where they totally destroyed them in front of the Bahraini owners after they paid Honda $80m to divorce them for supposedly causing all of their problems was quite satisfying.

MGU-H trouble in Melbourne was caused by vibrations after heavy impact with track kerb. Never experienced this issue before, confident that they wont suffer from this in future with introduction of improved unit they were developing.

Red Bull website speedweek says Honda's Spec II is slated for Canada - 35bhp improvement.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Toro Rosso did flat out admit they didn't understand where the Bahrain pace came from so here's hoping the car has potential.

Oct 26, 2017
Toro Rosso did flat out admit they didn't understand where the Bahrain pace came from so here's hoping the car has potential.
Must've added a bit more jet fuel than they intended. And before I forget, welcome back Wax. Hope you're better after that bike crash.

Also as well while I'm at it; the grid for tomorrow pretty much sums up how I believe where most of the teams are as of today, although I must admit, I wasn't expecting Ferrari to be quicker than Mercedes.