• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
UPDATE 2: DENUVO DRM REMOVED FROM STEAM VERSION
UPDATE 1: UPDATE ALSO AVAILABLE ON PS4
UPDATE 3: SOME CRITICAL STEAM FILES MISSING MAKES THE GAME IMPOSSIBLE TO BE PLAYED ON STEAM RIGHT NOW
UPDATE 4: A STEAM USER PUT TOGETHER A ZIP WITH THE MISSING FILES ALLOWING FOR THE GAME TO BE LAUNCHED
UPDATE 5: THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED, THE GAME LAUNCHES NORMALLY ON STEAM NOW

unknown.png

Changelog courtesy of Gematsu

EDIT: Updated on PS4 too

Just received the news

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE :: Notice regarding the release of Patch 1.0.4.0

Patch 1.0.4.0 has now been released for FINAL FANTASY XII The Zodiac Age. Update contents: ・Job reset function has been added ・Gambit system has been expanded to 3 sets

unknown.png

Dunno about PS4 yet.

Last edited:

Gogo_ZvC

Oct 29, 2017
It's still so expensive :'( I still have my PS2 version.

Glad they're adding features to it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for sharing!
Is this a good port or something you definitely need to mod?

Deleted member 66384

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
Can anyone explain why those feature sets were previously exclusive to the Switch and XB1 versions of FFXII:TZA?

EDIT: I just looked up on Wiki and found out that the Switch and XB1 versions were the last ones to be released, so there maybe be a change that the PS4 version may receive the same future now or in the near future.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I might just pick this up also so I can Cheat Engine meself a set of Gadarme Shields.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for sharing!
It's a great port that runs great and has 60fps support and ultrawide as well. If you want to go above 60fps and change things like FOV you would need a mod yeah

there is a modding scene however, I think the most popular mod is a rebalancing of the game that is more tougher (but isn't an ultra-difficult challenge mod)
www.nexusmods.com

Final Fantasy XII- The Struggle for Freedom

A difficulty mod that changes several core mechanics, including new License Boards specifically designed for each character (with original jobs also as an option), rebalanced weapons, tougher enemies,

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally. Respec could just be modded or hacked, but the Gambits were a nice QoL improvement.

It's going to be on sale on PS4 tomorrow so I wouldn't doubt it if it gets the same patch.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nice! I bought the game some time ago, but didn't get around to playing yet. I'm glad, hopefully DQXI will follow

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It's a great port that runs great and has 60fps support and ultrawide as well. If you want to go above 60fps and change things like FOV you would need a mod yeah

there is a modding scene however, I think the most popular mod is a rebalancing of the game that is more tougher (but isn't an ultra-difficult challenge mod)
www.nexusmods.com

Final Fantasy XII- The Struggle for Freedom

A difficulty mod that changes several core mechanics, including new License Boards specifically designed for each character (with original jobs also as an option), rebalanced weapons, tougher enemies,
Thanks!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Oh no, we can't put out Trials of Mana tonight, but magically fulfilling the blood oath Burt took to buy TZA the next time it was on sale at two in the morning, and then releasing Trials of Mana exactly when he'll wake up the next day, no problem

I've totally got time for all this

when the shit am i gonna play that chimera squad preorder

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
No ps4 update is kinda lame

Edit:Yay! Happy to be wrong!

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing!
It's a great port, don't need to mod, but there are mods, fun mods.

www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age PC mod thread.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12 VBF Browser: Browse, extract, and replace game files with this tool. https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/3 RESPEC (Job Reset, Full License Board Refund): Just in case people want a easy way to access this and find a CT file with respec and...

Like this, who wouldn't want a Decoy that never missed. You to can now cast shell on your tank and not pay the price with more Decoy misses.
www.nexusmods.com

Improved Decoy

A very simple modification to Decoy that makes it never miss and increases the base duration from 20 to 60 seconds.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I JUST bought the Witcher 3 expansion pass. Ah fuck it. I'll buy XII. I've been in an RPG mood since 7r.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda regret buying the PS4 version, came out first but but it ends up being the inferior version like DQXI.
No ps4 update is kinda lame
Kind of crazy that they still haven't done this on PS4.
I think this is a good indication that they will patch the PS4 version soon.

EDIT:
The update is also live on PS4. Just downloaded it.

Well there you go.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great port, don't need to mod, but there are mods, fun mods.

www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age PC mod thread.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12 VBF Browser: Browse, extract, and replace game files with this tool. https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/3 RESPEC (Job Reset, Full License Board Refund): Just in case people want a easy way to access this and find a CT file with respec and...

Like this, who wouldn't want a Decoy that never missed. You to can now cast shell on your tank and not pay the price with more Decoy misses.
www.nexusmods.com

Improved Decoy

A very simple modification to Decoy that makes it never miss and increases the base duration from 20 to 60 seconds.

Oh man that's a good one. Just kinda weird it can miss in general (or at least it oughta not miss if cast out of combat).

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
oh god and then it comes with the patch so all the mods i want to actually play it with break it

woe is me

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty confident that it was coming eventually but wow that took a long time. PC version is basically my ideal version of the game now.

Nothing else I really want to play right now so this seems like a good time to get ready for another run with that difficulty mod installed.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
You're kidding me. I finished this just a month ago after painstakingly spending hours upon hours figuring out which party setup to use, who to assign what espers to -- even though you become ridiculously OP regardless.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any PS4 patch notes?
Is there anything from the Switch/Xbox versions not implemented yet?