Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
What stands out from XV vs VII:R is the way animations and stuff interacts with the environment. XV is on another level when it comes to the quality of animations that game is just amazing to play in on the PC. There was a TON of effort that went into the luminous engine. Just seems to be harder to work with compared to UE4 and probably UE5

Pretty much. Which is why I am excited for Athia as they now have a finished engine from the get-go and experience from releasing XV with it.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much. Which is why I am excited for Athia as they now have a finished engine from the get-go and experience from releasing XV with it.

plus i think they have the hardware for the visions they want. They were clearly limited by the hardware for XV for the vision they wanted. Have you seen the quality of textures in those caves though? Dear lord

Yuntu

Nov 7, 2019
Germany
plus i think they have the hardware for the visions they want. They were clearly limited by the hardware for XV for the vision they wanted. Have you seen the quality of textures in those caves though? Dear lord

I have a folder full of screenshots of that game from my PC playthrough. Its beautiful to look at. Ran it at 200% resolution scale and on high settings, makes it pop really well.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I have a folder full of screenshots of that game from my PC playthrough. Its beautiful to look at. Ran it at 200% resolution scale and on high settings, makes it pop really well.

Yes, in terms of technicality. VII:R is nowhere near XV. VII:R has winding curves, can hide a lot due to its design and you really see it when climbing the tower and everything outside of a close distance becomes a really, really bad looking skybox. Like blurry AF. But because of its really, really short draw distance it can make other areas look very impressive like the character models.....even though XV is nothing to scoff at. I am still amazed they pulled off XV the way they did in basically 3 years.

Maybe with the insane streaming tech, and massive boost in GPU and especially CPU. Maybe that overworld can become a reality in part 2.....who knows.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
I'd feel more assured if instead of saying it gave him new ideas, he said 'yes, we can make flying airship now'

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
I think part of the difficulty in using the engine stemmed from current-gen CPU constraints. Just like was the case with AC:Unity, Ubisoft were (rightfully) assuming that the CPU's on current-gen consoles would be more powerful, so they initally designed their engines around that (Unity looks quite different compared to the current games).

Heck, even Epic removed features from UE4 because how weak they were. I think we might really see LE shine this upcoming generation, especially with the addition of SSD's. That Project Athia trailer looked insane...

Yuntu

Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I think part of the difficulty in using the engine stemmed from current-gen CPU constraints. Just like was the case with AC:Unity, Ubisoft were (rightfully) assuming that the CPU's on current-gen consoles would be more powerful, so they initally designed their engines around that (Unity looks quite different compared to the current games).

Heck, even Epic removed features from UE4 because how weak they were. I think we might really see LE shine this upcoming generation, especially with the addition of SSD's. That Project Athia trailer looked insane...

Yeah. Those CPUs are massive bottlenecks, especially for bigger games. Unless you have endless money.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
See, developers are so done with this gen it seem. So many restrictions, an annoying HDD making extra work for them to figure out ways to load in assets when the player might need them. Going to SSD and a great CPU must be like a breath of fresh air.
And just think, this is the beginning for using SSD as a baseline. The console manufactures arent going back to mechanical hard drives.

PC requirements will go up, this is the dawn of a new era.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Obviously the game will be beautiful, but I want it to be bigger too. Give us the entirety of the Planet, and really jack up the best parts. There's a pretty obvious finishing point for Part 2 and I hope they at least cover until then.
Won't happen, because a game like FF7 has to many different environments and assets for the current workload.
I talked about FF16, which could use UE instead of the luminous engine.
Hum nope, as said in another response, the engine for FFXV is the Luminous Engine.

>>Final Fantasy XV runs on Square Enix's Luminous Studio graphics engine. The Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo uses version 1.5 while the final game uses version 2.0.<<
I know and FF15 looked great. But given their development issues using the engine and the FF15 team working on a non FF game, it's possible FF16 wont be build in LE.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Won't happen, because a game like FF7 has to many different environments and assets for the current workload.
I talked about FF16, which could use UE instead of the luminous engine.
I know and FF15 looked great. But given their development issues using the engine and the FF15 team working on a non FF game, it's possible FF16 wont be build in LE.

"Vakarian said:
What's the engine used for FFXV? Some parts of the game looks incredible and some like ps2 era textures but in HD."

This is what you replied to by saying UE4 my friend. Look back at your post if you need.