• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which was better Season 5 or 2?

• Season 5

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Season 2

Votes: 84 62.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Season 2 is easily better than season 5 for me. The new recruits never did grow on me, even after all these years so season 5 doesn't particularly hold a special place.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
S5 > S2. S2 might have more hype/tension, but the game plot falls apart in the last few episodes and most falls on Slade just being insane. Whereas every episode in S5 is great, there's consistency the whole time.

Also the last third of S6 is actually really good, from the Diggle fight onward it's really strong but the middle stretch is painful.

Also Slade's motivation was weak and kinda creepy. I mean over Shado? Really? It came of nowhere honestly. I wish they kept the original idea of Slade's beef with Oliver being more about his decisions on the island.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Season 5 > Season 2 > Everything else

S5 gets better everytime I revisit it. It, Legends S3 and Flash S1 make up the holy trinity of the Arrowverse, IMO

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
Also Slade's motivation was weak and kinda creepy. I mean over Shado? Really? It came of nowhere honestly. I wish they kept the original idea of Slade's beef with Oliver being more about his decisions on the island.

Was that the idea? Because it seems based on rewatch Slade always coveted Shado and the Mirakuru just amplified it.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Lovely finale, and lovely final season. Like many, I only came back sporadically during the later seasons but am really glad they stuck the landing. Thought a couple things were a tad rushed (namely the resurrections) and the finale could have easily been a two-parter, but the realities of production and all that.

It's best not to think too much about the timeline changes because they clearly prioritized fanservice before proper continuity. Can't really blame them. As long as it doesn't fuck up anything in the other shows, Arrow's over anyways.

It messes with Legends a bit since Sara's character arc had a decent amount to do with losing her dad, but if we get a Blackthorne guest star appearance all will be forgiven.

You know, I only found out a few weeks ago that Thea is Aqua and it blew my fucking mind.

Real OGs remember Willa Holland as the jailbait character on The OC.

Last edited:

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel like the quality of S2 and S5 are pretty close when it came to the present but S2 flashbacks were way, way better.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be a post-Arrow show with the cast? I saw it on my listings and set it to record, but it ended up recording Two Broke Girls.

The listings originally indicated: Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye at 8pm (EST), then Arrow at 9pm and then the post-Arrow show at 10pm. Did they decide not to show it?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wasn't there supposed to be a post-Arrow show with the cast? I saw it on my listings and set it to record, but it ended up recording Two Broke Girls.

The listings originally indicated: Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye at 8pm (EST), then Arrow at 9pm and then the post-Arrow show at 10pm. Did they decide not to show it?
There was just the pre-show, no post-show.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I know there was originally, I remember setting the recording for it. I guess they pulled it

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
did i miss it or did they totally ignore Laurel and Dinah being randomly ported to 2040?

also for all the laughing i do at people never being able to recognise that Kara is Supergirl with a pair of glasses i had to question myself when Moira and Thea were talking because for a minute or 2 i was honestly confused to who Moira was talking to and i don't know if it was because of the camera angle or because Thea had her hair up

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
did i miss it or did they totally ignore Laurel and Dinah being randomly ported to 2040?

also for all the laughing i do at people never being able to recognise that Kara is Supergirl with a pair of glasses i had to question myself when Moira and Thea were talking because for a minute or 2 i was honestly confused to who Moira was talking to and i don't know if it was because of the camera angle or because Thea had her hair up

They didn't show Dinah going, but Laurel is taken there by Sara later on.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh, choosing between those two seasons is tough. Love the villains and the team dynamic for both of them.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
"He Saved This City"

I'm honestly tearing up.
That was damn good having that on there.

Which reminds me, Ragman had a great line to Rene with his "You're the most like him.".

We need a scene with Dig creating playground constructs for his and Clark's kids to play on during a play date.
LOL

Deathstroke was fantastic, but so was Adrian Chase. He fucked with Oliver in every way imaginable, it was crazy. Plus it was a massive comeback for the show after Season 4.
Yeah.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They also had a private screening with a bunch of the writers/crew/actors in LA, and they all cheered when Dig got the ring.
Nice

tumblr_inline_pkkxptYesz1shrb8p_540.gif

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah but it has her as Green Arrow. And shes pretty insufferable.

I honestly believe she will be written differently as the lead given all the complaints. Kat's a good actress but she's been told to play brat since she first started. She wasn't totally insufferable in the backdoor pilot.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I think the future stuff has some potential in it for Green Arrow and The Canaries, but maybe a limited series like 13 episodes and a season or two. They'll have to crossover with flash kids, batman beyond and all that.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The whole time travel aspect with Mia, Dinah, Laurel still confuses me...But either way I won't be watching it.
More importantly, are they actually going to do anything with the Diggle Green Lantern tease?
Or was it just pure fanservice for the very last time?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
If Diggle goes to metropolis, then I think we'll see. Superman/Green Lantern Mythos are linked

Also, so the afterlife exist?

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
The whole time travel aspect with Mia, Dinah, Laurel still confuses me...But either way I won't be watching it.
More importantly, are they actually going to do anything with the Diggle Green Lantern tease?
Or was it just pure fanservice for the very last time?

The time travel really isn't that complicated. The night after Oliver's funeral Dinah wakes up in 2040. She has no idea how she got there. She looks into her past but can find no records of it. (What this means may yet be clarified. She could mean no records of ever existing, or she could mean no records of her after 2020, implying that she never goes back. She clearly hasn't been erased from history because Sara and Laurel both still remember her) At some point Sara shows up in the Waverider looking for her and offers to take her back but she declines, choosing to stay in 2040.

Laurel just got a ride to the future from Sara. Really that simple. She knew Dinah was there because Sara had already found her after she vanished and showed up in 2040.

The most complicated is Mia's, though that's also the one they spent the most time on. In this revised timeline, Mia grew up the daughter of the man who saved the world. Her family's rich, she's had a fairly care free life, but she's always felt like she could never live up to her father's legacy so she's never really committed to anything. On the whole she's happy, but she feels like she's missing something. Laurel when she arrives uses technology to restore her memories of the earlier timeline just like the rest of them got those back. She now remembers the original time where she grew up hating her dad, running away, being a cage fighter, all of that. She also remembers being trained by her father and her participation in the Crisis. She effectively has the memories of two different lives in her head. Sometime after that last episode Sara shows up offering to take her to her father's funeral. As someone else who was in the Crisis, and knowing (from Laurel I'm sure) that she has her memory back, she thinks it's only fair she gets to be there. So the version of Dinah and Laurel we see in the last episode are from before the back door pilot but the version of Mia we see is from after.

As for the Diggle Green Lantern tease, there are a number of hints but the problem is that they seem to point in completely opposite directions.

Points against them using it: DC apparently were so controlling of how they did that last second reveal that they weren't able to say the term Green Lantern, they couldn't show the ring, and both Marc Guggenheim and David Ramsey feel like they can't say ANYTHING more about it. They let them do it, knowing we would all know what it meant, but only under very precise regulation. This would suggest they don't want the ring widely acknowledged or used, possibly due to their other plans for Green Lantern.

Points for them using it: They've made it fairly clear that this isn't the last we'll see of Diggle. While there were comments that they're almost as excited for David Ramsey to keep directing Arrowverse shows, they were fairly unambiguous that we'll see him again on screen. We know we're seeing him in an upcoming Flash episode, though they've made clear that the ring won't come up there. Still, we're going to see him again. It will be really hard to have that character come back, knowing what we know he found, and not acknowledge it. You might get away with it once or twice with the right context, but certainly not in any fight situation. It takes the teeth out of the whole thing and ruins the entire point of doing it in the first place. We also have at least two and maybe three of his kids in the Arrow spinoff, never acknowledging it there would also be weird. In addition, having Diggle name drop Metropolis specifically as we're he's headed next seems highly unlikely to be a coincidence considering the CW just green lit a show which will almost certainly be set there. They could have said any real life or DC city or even just left it open and had him say he was moving on and needed a fresh start. They chose to say Metropolis though. In addition, a Superman show is likely to have a higher budget than the average Arrowverse show and be the rare one where the power of a Lantern wouldn't seem completely overpowered. In addition, the fact that they wanted to avoid the term could just be because DC wants to get a big announcement out of it when they let us know where he'll be showing up. That could be on the HBO Green Lantern show. It could be on the Superman show. It could be guest starting somewhere. I'm pretty confident it will be used for the record.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
This thread has inspired me to start watching these CW DC shows.

I found a very in-depth watching guide so... let's do this.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I've said it before but S2 had higher highs but it also had lower lows IMO, especially after Slade's motivation became all about the Shado nonsense. S5 was a much more solid season as a whole despite the pulling Chase's revenge story out of no where which I wish they tied it to one of the people we actually saw Oliver take out in the first season.

oh so I was sort of right, the scene with Slade at the start was a deleted fantasy scene from S2

Nah I think that's just a farewell to Arrow the show post, note the "here's to the future"
Yeah, I mentioned in a post because I remembered seeing the scene before back at the old place.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Can you spoil something about The Flash post-Crisis?
Previewing his Feb. 4 visit to The Flash (is it still a "crossover" if Arrow is gone…? Discuss!), David Ramsey says, "There's a whole cast [of characters] over there that's still recovering from Oliver's death, and part of the connection to Oliver is Diggle, obviously. So Diggle's presence there serves as kind of a conduit, a way to grieve. But there's also a case, there's something to solve… that Diggle's a part of." But if you were expecting Dig to bring up the glowing, green whatever he discovered at the close of Arrow's series finale, "No, that doesn't happen," Ramsey makes clear. "It is John Diggle over there as John Diggle, and we're working on a case."

relevant to the Arrow thread lol. via TVLine

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm thinking we may not hear confirmation either way about the Mia spinoff until next year.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
At this point, I'm thinking we may not hear confirmation either way about the Mia spinoff until next year.

Wild theory time- Colin Donnell apparently left Chicago Med earlier this season. The post-finale press indicated that they want him to show up in the spinoff in some capacity. All of these shows have an "older" male mentor, which GA+C is lacking as of now. Who better than resurrected Uncle Tommy? They haven't announced the pick-up because they want to get his contract locked first.

Bring Radioactive to 2040!

(Crazy theory aside, I really think the reason there hasn't been a formal pick-up yet is supporting cast contract related)

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I like to think Barry took 2 L's in teh finale. Got to teh funeral late, and didn't do anything to help when Olivers son was kidnapped, when it happened in his city.