• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman is great. Highly recommended.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I will finally play a MGS game :)
Can I start with 4 or do I have to play the others first?
You need to play at least 1 and 2. You'll be missing out on references and the motivation for these characters and generally won't have an idea what the hell is going on. The stories are connected with each other.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer is for the GOTY edition and there is nothing else available on PSN other than the GOTY edition for the first game.
I don't know anything about a trailer, but the images and such that they made for this announcement specifically label it as The Complete First Season. Same thing on Twitter, so there's more saying it's not the GOTY Edition than it is. They link to the webstore pages for every game in that blog post, but Hitman because that version isn't technically available on PSN right now. That backs up the notion that it's being un-delisted just for PS+ members. Microsoft has done that for Ryse on Games with Gold.

Edit: I just looked up the trailer and it also specifically says it's Hitman: The Complete First Season and not the Game of the Year Edition, so I'm going to call it as confirmed.

Last edited:

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great sendoff for ps3 but everyone get ready for the real shit show next month when sony only gives out 2 mediocre PS4 games and nothing more

Hope im wrong though..

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
MGS4 is a solid way to end PS+ for the PS3

100gb storage is something i'm more excited about than the PS4 offerings, mainly because i own them already (those who may have missed out on Hitman, it's a beaut)

OP
OP
G_Shumi

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Oct 25, 2017
Only got a PS3, but looks like I am covered there..
Thanks! :)

I've been wanting to try out the series and this is the kick I needed.
I would love to experience it the first time again, definitely worth it.

If you have subbed to Plus in the past, you should also have MGS5: Ground Zeroes and MGS5: The Phantom Pain on PS4. Ground Zeroes is a "prologue" kind of thing to the main game which is The Phantom Pain. If you have these, then all you'll need is MGS1 and the HD Collection with 2+3+PW.

The order is: 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, 5:GZ, 5:TPP.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no Divekick is available on PS4 too. Why not offer the cross-buy version or offer the PS4 version instead? This happened many times for other games. Luckily there will be support only for PS4 in few months.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Solid lineup. Already have For Honor (liked the campaign ok, didn't like the MP). I'll try and check out Hitman sometime. I've never bought as I don't like stealth games or sandbox games, but for "free" I'll check it out when bored some time and see if this one's an exception to the rule.

MGS4 is a great send of for PS3. Wish it would get a port as I never got around to it when I briefly had a PS3.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Oldsnake_salute.0.0.png

Goodbye PS3 PS+ games!

Snake... had a hard life.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Not great for me, but what a gift to the rest of you! Hitman (2016) is one of the greatest games of all time. Enjoy!

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Great month. Just finished Hitman 2 and thought about buying the entire first season since I missed it. Now I don't have to.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I would love to experience it the first time again, definitely worth it.

If you have subbed to Plus in the past, you should also have MGS5: Ground Zeroes and MGS5: The Phantom Pain on PS4. Ground Zeroes is a "prologue" kind of thing to the main game which is The Phantom Pain. If you have these, then all you'll need is MGS1 and the HD Collection with 2+3+PW.

The order is: 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, 5:GZ, 5:TPP.

I have Phantom Pain but I never played it just added it during the ps+ but starting at 5 definitly would have felt off to me. I was also not sure if it was an off-spin or the main game but it's good to hear it's actually the main one.
Just bought MGS 1 on my ps3 and it's installing, I'm also eyeing the HD collection with 2-3 and peace walker but I'll play MGS1 first.