Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/new-games-with-gold-february-2021/
FebGwG_16x9_4UP_Points_v2_JPG.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/
Update on Xbox Live Gold Pricing

Since we launched Xbox Live (18 years ago!), we've been working to make it the most advanced multiplayer network available, for the greatest community of gamers — and there are a lot of you. Millions of people come together on Xbox to play with friends and discover great games. We invest in our community by strengthening the digital safety of our players, enabling new ways to share, communicate and play with your friends, and delivering industry leading reliability across our network.

Periodically, we assess the value and pricing of our services to reflect changes in regional marketplaces and to continue to invest in the Xbox community; we'll be making price adjustments for Xbox Live Gold in select markets. In many markets, the price of Xbox Live Gold has not changed for years and in some markets, it hasn't changed for over 10 years

• If you're an existing online 12-month or 6-month Xbox Live Gold member, there's no price change. If you choose to renew your membership, it will renew at the current price.
  • The price of a 1-month Gold membership is increasing $1 USD and the price of a 3-month membership is increasing $5 USD or the equivalent amount in your local market.
  • If you'd like to upgrade your Gold membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate your remaining Gold time will also convert directly to Ultimate (up to 36 months). For example, if you have 11 months of Xbox Live Gold now, and you upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, those 11 months convert to 11 months of Ultimate at no additional cost.
Members have already been notified in some regions. If you're in a region where prices are being adjusted, you will receive an email and a message center notification over the next month letting you know what the new pricing is for your membership. Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent. You can always visit your account to manage your membership, and prices won't adjust until at least 45 days after you receive the messages.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
A 100% price increase is so crazy

A price lock in for auto renewals is so crazy it just might work

They should've just got rid of gold and got everyone on game pass right away though, I guess this will eventually have the same affect but isn't how I'd tackle it.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Well at least it seems like they're making gwg not as bad

Will enjoy the free games for the four months I still have gold

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Please tell me this isn't some special month to make up for the price hike. This is a really great month

Montresor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An excellent, excellent Gold month.

REmake: amazing game, Xbox One
Dandara: not into it, but heard it was good, Xbox One
Gears 5: amazing game, Series X Optimized
Indy: topical, after the MachineGames Indy announcement, OG Xbox
???: can't tell what that 5th game is. Your image is too small. 360

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
An excellent, excellent Gold month.

REmake: amazing game, Xbox One
Dandara: not into it, but heard it was good, Xbox One
Gears 5: amazing game, Series X Optimized
Indy: topical, after the MachineGames Indy announcement, OG Xbox
???: can't tell what that 5th game is. Your image is too small. 360
Lost Planet 2

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The best month since the Celeste month. To coincide with the price increase. I wonder if this will mark an improvement going forward too.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah that,they want to make gold and game pass just not worth it if you buy them separate
I mean, it is the smart play. Having more people on game pass will enhance the service for everyone on it. Microsoft will have more leverage to keep getting games on Xbox that otherwise wouldn't have come (like Yakuza or Dragon Quest).

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
$120 for a year of Xbox Live Gold now? Yuck!

What is the conversion (how many additional months) with a 12 month Xbox Live Gold code for an already existing Gamepass subscriber?

Kerrick

Oct 28, 2017
How do these work? I have that 3 year gamepass deal so do I get Remake for free and it expires on the 28th?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if you're an existing Xbox Live Gold member you're locked into $60 for good?

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
how is lost planet 2? i've always hears good things about the series but i know there's one that is considered pretty bad.

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
Great month for the games, hopefully the price increase helps to keep the quality up moving forward.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
So Jeff Grubbs tweets about XBL Gold becoming free actually were baseless PR.
Good to know.