Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to change votes? Is this supposed to get Trump in office for another 4 years? I'm sorry to sound ignorant but I fail to see what they plan to accomplish here.
To the extent that any of these knuckle-draggers are thinking ahead that far, they want to violently overthrow the government and install Trump as a fascist dictator. But in their minds, they're "stopping the steal."

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ.

This is where we are now?

You, me, all of us in this community have been saying it for years, but it was insanely dangerous to normalize Trump's constant lying and misinformation; but *particularly* about election fraud. This isn't happening because of the extremist groups, it's happening because *regular people* can listen to the President of the United States give speeches, and tune into a worldwide-aired mainstream cable news, and just between those two things alone (which *should be* normal) become convinced that liberals are taking over the government illegally and hear calls to arms to do something about it. When you add people increasingly going further into social media bubbles because they don't like being told they're wrong, and the fact that those same bubbles increasingly mix the afore-mentioned extremist groups' ideas and conspiracy theories with regular conservatives (whose ideology was already inherently susceptible to misinformation) like people's grandparents, it became a powder keg. It's supercharged an already dangerous situation. Trump's lying and the enablers that perpetuated it have taken the oil and water of extremism and normal politics, and made them the same viscosity so they now freely mix.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame Philly isn't PA's capitol. While Harrisburg is right in the middle of Pennsyltucky where folks will eat this up, I'd love to see anyone try this in the heart of Philly.
That's basically the same as Illinois. I kind of wonder how many will show up to Springfield, but it's square center of Hicksville. Either way I think Pritzker will have things on lock.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Meanwhile, the National Guard has plans to have up to 15,000 National Guard troops to meet current and future requests for the inauguration, Gen. Daniel Hokanson, the chief of the National Guard Bureau, said Monday.

www.cnn.com

Bowser urges people to avoid DC as National Guard plans to have up to 15,000 troops in city

Washington, DC, Mayor Muriel Bowser on Monday urged Americans to avoid the city during President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration next week and to participate virtually following last week's deadly domestic terror attack on the US Capitol.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Come on people, these are NOT armed protests.
These are MILITIA TAKEOVERS.
An "armed protest" will certainly end in gunfire.
It's combat. Their objective is probably to estabilish a perimeter and control it.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If States heed this and have National Guard to protect stuff I have to imagine things will go very poorly for the terrorists. This isn't like DC where Trump can influence a lack of enforcement.

Would Antifa coming in to fight the rioters make things worse?

Probably. If you notice there wasn't really a resistance presence at the Capitol last week, there was an assumption that if they fought the terrorists Trump would call them the terrorists and institute martial law or something using them as an excuse. By staying out they ensure the focus is on the Nazis.

I could see them paying attention to potential hot spots though around the country without actively demonstrating.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I really do hope that this isn't like the 6th all over again, with paper tiger cops just helping the flow of things.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I really do hope that this isn't like the 6th all over again, with paper tiger cops just helping the flow of things.
At a minimum, to mitigate any potential risk of a political vacuum in power, they really need to ensure the entire government is not all together at one until Biden is securely in office. Its called defense in depth. No way Biden/Harris/Schumer/Pelosi and any in the line of succession should be in the same place until the domestic terrorists are under control.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
They don't have the numbers and support they think they do. And with Parker and twitter shucking them, the chances of this coming through are much slimmer.

Also, literally nothing happened at twitter hq today. I wouldn't be surprised if their tantrum on the 6th has them ALL under major heat from the feds.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
You, me, all of us in this community have been saying it for years, but it was insanely dangerous to normalize Trump's constant lying and misinformation; but *particularly* about election fraud. This isn't happening because of the extremist groups, it's happening because *regular people* can listen to the President of the United States give speeches, and tune into a worldwide-aired mainstream cable news, and just between those two things alone (which *should be* normal) become convinced that liberals are taking over the government illegally and hear calls to arms to do something about it. When you add people increasingly going further into social media bubbles because they don't like being told they're wrong, and the fact that those same bubbles increasingly mix the afore-mentioned extremist groups' ideas and conspiracy theories with regular conservatives (whose ideology was already inherently susceptible to misinformation) like people's grandparents, it became a powder keg. It's supercharged an already dangerous situation. Trump's lying and the enablers that perpetuated it have taken the oil and water of extremism and normal politics, and made them the same viscosity so they now freely mix.

I saw a poll from today that says even after last week 90% of Trump voters would still vote for him again

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to change votes? Is this supposed to get Trump in office for another 4 years? I'm sorry to sound ignorant but I fail to see what they plan to accomplish here.
I think the goal posts for magats now is Trump using the insurrection act to stay in power, so more insurrection means Trump be President longer.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Sounds like they're going to make a strong case against the 2nd Amendment.

Maybe there will actually be enough political will at the moment to do something about it.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Doubt anything significant happens. We'll see.

That is how we got 6th. Shrug emoji by Capitol Police leadership even after all the warnings because they didn't think anything significant would happen.

Might as well try to not repeat that insane fuckup and take these warnings seriously, hopefully.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
That is how we got 6th. Shrug emoji by Capitol Police leadership even after all the warnings because they didn't think anything significant would happen.

Might as well try to not repeat that insane fuckup and take these warnings seriously, hopefully.
They police will definitely take it more serious this time. With that, and the federal arrests happening + Parler being shut down and Trump being deplatformed.. it just feels like these racist assholes might go back into hiding like pre-2016. But we'll see, I'm not ruling anything out. Past 4 years proved that these crazies won't go down without a fight

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
law enforcement gonna be ready this time (or should be, depending on their fucking loyalties), and the national guard in d.c.

this could get really fucking bad if they decide to actually show up in force. I have a feeling a lot of them will chicken out.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
I live in a state capitol. Luckily a few miles away from the state buildings but concerning none the less. Local police here looked more like a military operation during the BLM protests they damn well better bring that same heavy hand down on these terrorists.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
On my local community Facebook page, someone posted this story. I don't usually report comments, but someone actually wanted this to start right now, so I reported them for violence. They actually followed through on my report!