Votes: 96 19.2%
  • Krillin and Android 18

Votes: 189 37.8%

• Total voters

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The monk without a nose and the android seem the most well adjusted somehow. IDK why they made him a cop though, why?

Really, couldn't he used his Destructo Disks to work as a lumberjack or to find a job in construction? People pay a lot for cranes, but it'd be much easier and faster to have someone super strong who can just fly up to bring supplies.

But really, he could do literally anything to make 10x the amount of money a normal person does, so Krillin becoming a cop was always baffling to me.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
latest

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Gohan and Videl were great until the martial arts tournament, after which she was completely eviscerated of personality and became nothing more than just "Gohan's girl". What was done to her was unforgivable.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
They could have made an entire Gohan/Video slice of life/romcom spinoff that would have been better than anything in the Buu Saga.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I try not to think about what was done to Videl. Especially with the unintended implication that Spopovich beat the fighter out of her. 😬

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Every time 18 breaks character to swoon after her man does my heart good. As does every time she kicks his ass into gear.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, though, the big difference between these other relationships compared to Krillin and 18 is that you don't really get moments of mundane affection from the former.

That "He's so cool" during Resurrection F is the sweetest, most loving thing any Z character has spoken about their romantic interest

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Krillin and 18.

Vegeta and Bulma if we're taking into account the Abridged's head cannon.
Seriously, though, the big difference between these other relationships compared to Krillin and 18 is that you don't really get moments of mundane affection from the former.

That "He's so cool" during Resurrection F is the sweetest, most loving thing any Z character has spoken about their romantic interest
I agree, but also "Thats my Bulma" is also up there for me. Not as orthodox a show of affection, but its on-brand for Vegeta, and still a great expression of his affection

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Krillin and 18.

Vegeta and Bulma if we're taking into account the Abridged's head cannon.

I agree, but also "Thats my Bulma" is also up there for me. Not as orthodox a show of affection, but its on-brand for Vegeta, and still a great expression of his affection
I appreciate it, but that's what I mean about not getting moments of mundane affection from these relationships. You get dramatic events, grand gestures, and weighty speeches. Or you get perfunctory "I Love You"s.

Krillin and 18, on the other hand, get to sound like a couple in love and behave like a couple in love.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
I have soft spot for Gohan and Videl

Oct 25, 2017
No...........

Bulma is a terrible person?

Remember when 17 called Marron Maron.......
Yes? She falls in love with people like General Blue, then Zarbon, her whole reason to team up with Goku to find the DBs is to get a boyfriend. Her way of trying to get Goku to hand over his Dragon Ball as a kid is to expose herself. Then her previous boyfriend Yamcha is killed, and she immediately hooks up the person responsible for getting him killed. It's all comedy gold.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I like that Vegata/Bulma was a couple of circumstance. Vegeta needed a place to stay, everyone understands it's not a good idea to just leave him be as a normal Earthling, Bulma has a gabazillion dollars and great tech for training so he stays there. Being around together for years they hook-up but for years it's nothing romantic, even with a child Bulma knows she can take care of Trunks herself and Vegeta isn't particularly involved or interested until he finds out Future Trunks, the second person he witnessed become a Super Saiyan before himself, is his son.

By the time Buu saga comes around where Vegeta finally grapples with his identity as a warrior in conflict with the relatively domestic family life he's unintentionally developed over the years, Trunks is 8 years old.

I am still kind of surprised Vegeta doesn't just mercilessly train kid Trunks. Goku can't with Goten because of Chichi, but you'd think Vegeta would be extra motivated not only to have his son be better than Kakkarot's son but also because he knows how powerful he can be. Does Bulma not let him?

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Gohan/Videl. I actually liked them both fucking off and retiring in Super. They allowed themselves to just win at life. That said, it is unforgivable that they didn't let Videl come out of retirement with Gohan. She would have been a neat addition to the tournament of power, better than the wasted potential that was Tien.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Really, couldn't he used his Destructo Disks to work as a lumberjack or to find a job in construction? People pay a lot for cranes, but it'd be much easier and faster to have someone super strong who can just fly up to bring supplies.

But really, he could do literally anything to make 10x the amount of money a normal person does, so Krillin becoming a cop was always baffling to me.

Goku himself is like dirt poor working a farm for reasons until Mr. Satan gifts him some money. You'd think the guy could like crush some coal into diamonds or something.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Gohan/Videl. I actually liked them both fucking off and retiring in Super. They allowed themselves to just win at life. That said, it is unforgivable that they didn't let Videl come out of retirement with Gohan. She would have been a neat addition to the tournament of power, better than the wasted potential that was Tien.

Can Videl even fire ki blast though?

Tanaka

Oct 27, 2017
Gohan and Videl have the best relationship development

Krillin and 18 have a totally wholesome and heartwarming dynamic

Vegeta and Bulma have the best comedic value

Goku and Chi Chi is just sad

Chippewa Barr