Votes: 208 41.6%
  • Gohan and Videl

Votes: 96 19.2%
  • Krillin and Android 18

Votes: 189 37.8%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Of the main couples in Dragonball which one is your favourite?

Goku and Chi-Chi:

Goku-and-ChiChi-feature-Image-1.png

Vegeta and Bulma:

latest

Gohan and Videl:

latest

Krillin and Android 18:

Android-18-Krillin-Relationship-Featured.jpg

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Bulma/Vegeta and 18/Krillin are on par for me. Goku/Chi Chi is fine but Chi Chi gets barely any screen time and when she does she is just screaming at Goku.

Videl and Gohan is trash tier since Videl lost her personality the moment she got married.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
Vegeta/Bulma

Videl and Gohan is trash tier since Videl lost her personality the moment she got married.

Agreed. When Videl first appears in the Great Saiyaman saga she's a great character. Really one of the highlights of that whole period. After that... mmm. Not so much. It's a real shame, since more than anything DB's biggest flaw has always been a lack of prominent women.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Vegeta/Bulma

Agreed. When Videl first appears in the Great Saiyaman saga she's a great character. Really one of the highlights of that whole period. After that... mmm. Not so much. It's a real shame, since more than anything DB's biggest flaw has always been a lack of prominent women.

She almost gets fridged too. I love Gohan and I like that they got together but yeah we don't really see anything that interesting about her once they're together.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Vegeta and Bulma for sure

A power couple and they had trunks which is one of the best characters in the series

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
That happens to every woman in Dragon Ball.
The only exceptions are the examples that are worse where she is forgotten about entirely or her personality becomes "that hysterical woman".
Not even Bulma is safe. She just sits around and has the Dragon Balls ready for people now. She used to go on adventures. She was the secondary protagonist once upon a time.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Bulma having the ability to dog walk Vegeta automatically makes it the best

18/Krillin is second place tho

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Bulma/Vegeta and 18/Krillin are on par for me. Goku/Chi Chi is fine but Chi Chi gets barely any screen time and when she does she is just screaming at Goku.

Vegeta/Bulma

Yeah Videl was done dirty...especially after that fight with Spopovich where she never redeemed herself. In Raging Blast a what if saga still shows her retaining her fighting spirit and wanting to train under Piccolo and Goku and Vegeta. Like she could have stayed like Tien

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That happens to every woman in Dragon Ball.
The only exceptions are the examples that are worse where she is forgotten about entirely or her personality becomes "that hysterical woman".
Not even Bulma is safe. She just sits around and has the Dragon Balls ready for people now. She used to go on adventures. She was the secondary protagonist once upon a time.

Well that and she uses the Dragon Balls to get like tummy tucks and such.

I'm glad they at least solved all world hunger and every other problem on that world (besides alien attacks). That is probably in line with her original character when she first meets Goku but ugh.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Vegeta and Bulma are a great a couple but the fact they became a couple is still weird AF. Vegeta basically played a role in the death of her last boyfriend and Bulma really just went "yeah, I should hit that".
Though, not as bad as Trunks and Mai. Not only is that relationship weird AF, it's not even a particularly good relationship to make up for how weird it is they got together. Mai's older than Bulma but got turned into Trunks's age from a wish from the Dragon Balls. But like she's still mentally older than Bulma. She grew back up alonside Trunks but she was still mentally an adult the whole time. But like Future Mai feels like an entirely different character than Mai in the original Dragon Ball. And it just feels random AF. The Pilaf gang been irrelevant for ages and they got brought back to have Mai suddenly be Trunks's love interest. I'm still not over how weird this shit was.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Bulma and Vegeta. Followed closely by Krillin and 18.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna say Videl and Gohan since it was so nice during the great saiyaman arc, but what came after is too damn bad. I'll go with Bulma and Vegeta, but 18 and Krillin is cool too.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I adored Gohan & Videl in the Great Saiyaman arc, that's absolutely the high bar here. Unfortunately after Spopovich they just completely defanged Videl, took away any aspect of her character and just replaced it with mom & wife.

On the other hand, DBS took Bulma & Vegeta's relationship and domesticated Vegeta, which was actually a point Buu Saga touched upon and with Vegeta succumbing to Babidi so he could regain the killer spirit he felt he lost, only to sacrifice himself for his son - a moment of resolve that's actually functioned as a pivot point for the character to become the rather normal father & husband he is now. That's all done much with much more interesting dynamics and even still Vegeta becomes the deuteragonist of Super, where the part he now plays is the straight man to wacky Goku.

In Raging Blast a what if saga still shows her retaining her fighting spirit and wanting to train under Piccolo and Goku and Vegeta.
I loved that Wrath of the Dragon gave us Great Saiyaman 2, with Gohan & Videl becoming a street level crime fighting duo together. Such a perfect continuation of their high school arc and I'm sad the series backtracked on it to replace Gohan & Videl with the absolute nobodies they are now.

At least Super Hero confirmed she's a martial arts teacher.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean Vegeta and Bulma are a great a couple but the fact they became a couple is still weird AF. Vegeta basically played a role in the death of her last boyfriend and Bulma really just went "yeah, I should hit that".
Though, not as bad as Trunks and Mai. Not only is that relationship weird AF, it's not even a particularly good relationship to make up for how weird it is they got together. Mai's older than Bulma but got turned into Trunks's age from a wish from the Dragon Balls. But like she's still mentally older than Bulma. She grew back up alonside Trunks but she was still mentally an adult the whole time. But like Future Mai feels like an entirely different character than Mai in the original Dragon Ball. And it just feels random AF. The Pilaf gang been irrelevant for ages and they got brought back to have Mai suddenly be Trunks's love interest. I'm still not over how weird this shit was.

It feels like they should have gotten deaged and forgotten their past or something. But if you watch just Super (not the movies) I don't think you even get any kind of explanation on why they're young again.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
bulma and vegeta is just so wtf that loops around and it works.

but I like all of the four listed. I would love for chi chi and Videl to be used more.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
bulma and vegeta is just so wtf that loops around and it works.

but I like all of the four listed. I would love for chi chi and Videl to be used more.
It makes sense. She's always been into bad boys, which is why she was initially drawn to Yamcha, but then she met bad MAN.

vegeta-badman-patch_480x480.jpg

And who else could dominate Vegeta as he desires.

Jun 10, 2018
Even though Videl has been shelved, that brief moment when DB was a slice-of-life series chronicling her and Gohan's budding relationship still makes it the best coupling in the series.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Krillin and 18 just being a regular ass happy married couple who also happen to be able to effortlessly kick the shit out of 99% of people in the universe is the best

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Krillin and 18.
Bulma and Vegeta.
Goku and Chi Chi.
Gohan and Videl.

That Super episode where Videl is shown a picture a picture of that actress kissing Gohan and she doesn't even ASK for any clarification sort just cemented how little personality she has now. There's trust and then there's still having a human response. There's so much notable friction there to mine and she just shrugs it off everytime. In the last Super movie she's asking Piccolo to pick up her kid because Gohan can't be bothered because he's researching and she's acting like that's a good reason.

Obviously she's not gonna have the chip on her shoulder she had when she was introduced, but I do not recognize that character anymore.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I like that Vegata/Bulma was a couple of circumstance. Vegeta needed a place to stay, everyone understands it's not a good idea to just leave him be as a normal Earthling, Bulma has a gabazillion dollars and great tech for training so he stays there. Being around together for years they hook-up but for years it's nothing romantic, even with a child Bulma knows she can take care of Trunks herself and Vegeta isn't particularly involved or interested until he finds out Future Trunks, the second person he witnessed become a Super Saiyan before himself, is his son.

By the time Buu saga comes around where Vegeta finally grapples with his identity as a warrior in conflict with the relatively domestic family life he's unintentionally developed over the years, Trunks is 8 years old.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I like that Vegata/Bulma was a couple of circumstance. Vegeta needed a place to stay, everyone understands it's not a good idea to just leave him be as a normal Earthling, Bulma has a gabazillion dollars and great tech for training so he stays there. Being around together for years they hook-up but for years it's nothing romantic, even with a child Bulma knows she can take care of Trunks herself and Vegeta isn't particularly involved or interested until he finds out Future Trunks, the second person he witnessed become a Super Saiyan before himself, is his son.

By the time Buu saga comes around where Vegeta finally grapples with his identity as a warrior in conflict with the relatively domestic family life he's unintentionally developed over the years, Trunks is 8 years old.

Are we sure he's a better dad than Goku?

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The monk without a nose and the android seem the most well adjusted somehow. IDK why they made him a cop though, why?

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
18 and Krillin was the most interesting combination of personalities and just an overall endearing turn of events even if they weren't focused on that much(Toriyama gonna Toriyama).

Bulma bringing Vegeta to heel was a fun twist as well of course. Though she didn't quite do him the way 18 did Vegeta before putting the rizz on Krillin 😏

But if Abridged could count, I'd pick these two

Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta and Bulma are perfect for each other because they both were terrible people, and play off each other well.