• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I can almost hear the hounds...

(Gotta say, villains often get some of the best songs. But they usually only get one or two, so they have to make it count...)

I'll also mention Javert's Stars from Les Miz:

^ This is the one that I wanted to sing as I was growing up on a diet of musical theater.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Other Friends from the Steven Universe Movie. I didn't know I wanted an Electro Swing villain song until now.
EXCLUDING standard Disney songs (which frankly I'm shocked this thread didn't open with)

Dr Facilier's Friends On the Other Side from The Princess and the Frog. Great song.

All of these.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh whoops, I was thinking about MLP songs with my last post and completely forgot about Equestria Girls

Though that last one is also a song battle with the heroes.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Aside from Imperial March which is the pinnacle (for me), here's one from a game:

It also is the backdrop for one the most rousing speeches from a dictator.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman the Animated Series gave every villain their own distinct theme and not only are they all amazing but they totally set the tone and embody the style of the character.

Joker's Theme:

Disturbingly light hearted with shades of real darkness in all the levity

Two Face's Theme:

A clash between the somber and sad tragic sounds for Harvey Dent and the disturbing darkness that is Two Face.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

most of my favorite songs are villain songs, this is just one off the top of my head

amoy

Oct 28, 2017

most of my favorite songs are villain songs, this is just one off the top of my head

jeremiahjohnsonnod.webm

Don't remember much about the plot, but this theme stayed with me.

They say the german pronunciation is all over the place, but the roughness adds character IMO, "proper" covers become too soft and clean in comparison.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hellfire, Be Prepared, and Friends on the Other Side (the only memorable part of that movie).

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to villains who sing their own song it has to. Be Philistine by Margaret Moonlight in No More Heroes 2.

The lyrics address the protagonist, Travis Touchdown, as well.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
So many good ones posted.

I'll add, from the Decemberists rock opera The Hazards of Love:

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This shit right here. The way the reprised the earlier song and turned it into this dark ominous song is amazing. Perfectly written and performed as well.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Be Prepared, and it isn't even close

One of the only parts in the new film where my theatre audience audibly groaned.

JC Lately

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can almost hear the hounds...

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

You jest, but even on my first viewing I thought Hans was being a little to accommodating on his lines. And he seems to be playing more off one what Anna was saying, always a half a beat or so off, as if waiting to see what she was going to say first.

I just chalked it up to being too old for Disney love songs and reading too much into it.l... but then the reveal happened.