• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which takes you home?

• Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Whisper of the Heart

Votes: 154 49.7%
  • Logan Lucky

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • Fallout 76

Votes: 54 17.4%

• Total voters

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Which one is YO' fav? ^^'

4134f07+a7L._SL1000_.jpg

See ya, country mama.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Logan Lucky was what I thought of when I read the title. That scene actually made me tear up a bit. Being a father changes ya

Oct 26, 2017
Fallout 76 is what made that song take off again so I have something to thank it for, or at least that's when I started hearing it at the bars a lot

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Kingsmen(because it's what introduced me to the magic of that fucking amazing song), followed by Logan Lucky

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
What about Whisper of the Heart?

edit: lol oh it's right there in the poll. Pls don't ban me.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I love that song and it was used very well in Kingsman so I imagine that whenever it comes on.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Its used all throughout Whisper of the heart. No singular use there is the absolute best but how it ties into the theme and on rewatch when its in the title credits it gets me every time.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Hadn't seen that Kingsman movie but voted for that after seeing the clip.

Smartass optional answer:

Last edited:

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
WUUWNa.gif

Whisper of the Heart, accept no substitutes.

What a pleasant surprise of a movie for me, and such a tragedy what happened to its director, Yoshifumi Kondo.
(died of aortic dissection a few years after the movie's release, most likely because of overwork).

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Whisper of the Heart, by a country mile.

That damn movie is one of the only ones I can think of that's ever made me cry, and the whole group playing Country Roads scene is definitely a big part of it.

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'll watch Whisper of the Heart tonight. Good way to wind down after the madness and lack of sleep of the last week. Thanks for the reminder!

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda did a big sponsorship push with PAX Australia immediately prior to release of Fallout 76. Country Roads was basically on loop for three days. The song is now part of my hate sing repertoire at karaoke nights with my fallow PAX attendees.