Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate being late to the party in these threads because a lot of people would already have taken my answers to the OP question, and this thread isn't an exception. That said I don't think these themes have been posted yet so:

This theme is worth it for rare ingredient hunting.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Probably opening village theme from BOFIII:

Fire City from Final Fantasy USA is pretty good too:

All four elemental towns use the same base theme tweaked which is pretty cool for instance here's Wind (with the SFX that is normally omitted which is criminal):

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lot of favourites posted already, so I'm going with this:

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Probably opening village theme from BOFIII:

Fire City from Final Fantasy USA is pretty good too:

All four elemental towns use the same base theme tweaked which is pretty cool for instance here's Wind (with the SFX that is normally omitted which is criminal):

damn, nice throw back with the mystic quest themes. That game will always have some sentimental value because it was one of the first rpgs I could finish when I was little kid.

I can't remember if Breezy from FFVIII was used in a town, but that's one of my favorite video game songs, it conveyed an idyllic setting so well.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems people aren't aware Shining Force II has one of the jolliest town themes in existence

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017

These are a few that came to mind when I saw this topic. In all honesty I could just fill this with music from Lunar and Tales. I'm really enjoying all these posts though and it's making me buy more soundtracks to keep it up please.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

tenor.gif

Theanine

Oct 3, 2020
Two of my favorites already got mentioned: Village of Dali from Final Fantasy IX. And Another Arni from Chrono Cross. Absolutely gorgeous tracks.

I also want to add this one: Another Guldove from Chrono Cross. (Homeworld Guldove is good too but I prefer the melancholier sound of Another)

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
FFXIV: Ishgard's theme, but the happy version. Hearing it kick in just before the 1:30 mark is sheer joy after knowing everything this city has been through

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
i cant remember the name off the top of my head, but theres a great town theme in Tales of Destiny that always reminded me of Pet Shop Boys' take on Always on my Mind.

also, its criminal they havent released Breath of Fire III's soundtrack on vinyl.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
When I started playing Dragon Quest XI on Game Pass I wasn't enjoying the music, but then I reached Hotto Village and I fell in love with this music.

Genz

Oct 27, 2017
+1 to most of FF8 and 9 town themes. Horizon, Dollet, Treno, Dali, Daguerreo, etc.

FFXI has a nice bunch of town themes : Mhaura, Selbina

and the best of the best, Adoulin

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
When I started playing Dragon Quest XI on Game Pass I wasn't enjoying the music, but then I reached Hotto Village and I fell in love with this music.

Fun fact: this is a "remake" of sorts of a Dragon Quest 3 town theme, the name escapes me right now, but the town is in close resemblance of Japan in DQ3