Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
My brain knows that Dantes is "shit" or whatever. I've read the reviews, the wikis, everything.
But holy hell I am having fun having him on my team. He doesn't seem that useless, y'know? Maybe I'll get screwed in the next months for using him, but right now I'm liking him.
As long as you like the character you are using then you are truly winning the game.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
They better whip up some male summer servants to make up for it. And speaking of Yagyu, the CE with him is my favorite of the bunch. They all look so sharp.
Azami, is that you o3o??

I hear it used to be a super challenge upon initial release, when rolls were more expensive and they didn't have as much quality of life stuff as we got sooner. So people had much smaller pools of servants to work with.
also going in blind is no the same knowing whats comming and prep up than only know what type of enemies are overall and not who is who and where in the quest

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
You're heavily underselling Jalter here. Not only does she have an absurdly high attack value, the avenger class also come with a built in 1.1x attack multiplier. She also has en extremely strong and synergistic skillset. So while she's probably not going to be better against a single class than a good servant with type advantage (and that's even debatable), she makes up for it by being 'strong' against every class. She's also going to be super useful against Assassins since Casters aren't exactly damage dealers.
The thing with Merlin is that he makes every Buster servant immensely better, not just Jalter. So it's not that Jalter needs Merlin in order to be good, it's that every single Buster servant benefits from having Merlin on the team.
You should be heaping praise on Karna, not Jalter. Let Jalter rot by herself while we roll for better servants.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You should be hearing praise on Karna, not Jalter. Let Jalter rot by herself while we roll for better servants.
I see what you're doing. Constantly bad-mouthing Jeanne Alter in the hopes that she will visit you on her release, just so she can voice her displeasure with your words. It will not work!

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
You're heavily underselling Jalter here. Not only does she have an absurdly high attack value, the avenger class also come with a built in 1.1x attack multiplier. She also has en extremely strong and synergistic skillset. So while she's probably not going to be better against a single class than a good servant with type advantage (and that's even debatable), she makes up for it by being 'strong' against every class. She's also going to be super useful against Assassins since Casters aren't exactly damage dealers.
The thing with Merlin is that he makes every Buster servant immensely better, not just Jalter. So it's not that Jalter needs Merlin in order to be good, it's that every single Buster servant benefits from having Merlin on the team.
This was made painfully clear during the fight preceding Dante, where my Tamamo and Zhuge were taking ages to whittle down the assassin Ghost boss's HP.

This game needs more decent offensive Casters, outside of Medea and NR.

I forgot about the generous attack multiplier for Avengers, so this does help a fair bit when dealing with mobs, especially when paired with a suitable CE.

people talk about how challenging this event was but it was pretty easy even with freebie and low tier servants

i just kinda roll my eyes when people call a servant a 'must have'

play with your waifus and husbandos and have a good time, worrying about topping the imaginary leaderboards in a solo game seems like bad civ
Bookmarking this for when they (finally) decide to implement PvP!

:p

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever add pvp or competitive stuff I'd quit so fast.

I'm fine with waifu stuff, but spending money to beat other people would suck.
I think they are smart enough to not go there.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The game is a massive success because it ignores PvP and excessive power creep to focus on a singleplayer story experience.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Azami, is that you o3o??
Who?
To what levels? Maybe I just got bad luck with not being able to arts chain him often enough to spam his NP.
The higher the better. His first and third skills are pretty useless at low levels but are helpful for damage output and NP building when maxed or close to maxed. (If you ever used Waver's first skill for its crit boost, Hans' Human Observation is only 10% weaker at max level). Throw in Caster Liz's star gen and any 2030s and your arts comp will be a lot more efficient. Hans' NP also scales nicely with overcharge, so you can bump it up to 200% with the second skill or place his NP second if you get the chance to for bigger buffs and heal. If there was one thing he disappointed me with yesterday, it was that his NP's attack buff was missing Medea half the time.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
out of place, spur of the moment bad joke, my bad
latest

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Who?

The higher the better. His first and third skills are pretty useless at low levels but are helpful for damage output and NP building when maxed or close to maxed. (If you ever used Waver's first skill for its crit boost, Hans' Human Observation is only 10% weaker at max level). Throw in Caster Liz's star gen and any 2030s and your arts comp will be a lot more efficient. Hans' NP also scales nicely with overcharge, so you can bump it up to 200% with the second skill or place his NP second if you get the chance to for bigger buffs and heal. If there was one thing he disappointed me with yesterday, it was that his NP's attack buff was missing Medea half the time.
See, there's your problem.

Anyway, I had everything at level 3. He was also just too weak in general once the big ghost showed up; defense buffs and healing couldn't outpace the boss damage output.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird to see so much anger towards a gatcha game for not urging you to spend money with the two recent kerfuffles of Boy's Day and the 12 million banner.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird to see so much anger towards a gatcha game for not urging you to spend money with the two recent kerfuffles of Boy's Day and the 12 million banner.
People want either new things, or old things they like. Kiara and Arthur are neither.

The "what's it gonna be" teasing for the 12m banner probably didn't help either.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So this Tower Challenge event is pretty awesome. From when I started playing, there's this element I really like where they mythologize popular characters and just have extreme interpretations of their ideologies interact and clash with one another. This event is basically that distilled, without being bogged down with all the plot (because honestly I haven't cared about the whole end of the world thing or Chaldea or, maybe specifically, all those inconsequential interruptions from Mash and Romani).

Unlike most other events where the Servant just goof around and do dumb things, I feel all the major characters here become cool. They even made Gilles seem kinda cool! More events like this, please.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe people are just bitter over two banners in a row that were both a chance to feature a new servant but ended up being reruns. Especially considering White Day 2016 and 2017 each had somebody new.

To be fair the only banner celebrating downloads to have a new Servant was Bryn on the 5 million downloads. All others have been already released servants

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Also figured I should mention it for anyone planning on max grailing their new waifu Jalter (I know at least one of you plan to do it and I'm sure a few around here will get her), I was double checking my Iskandar stash and realized that 90-100 on a 5* is 55 million QP on top of the ~168 million QP needed to 1-90 and 10/10/10 skills. Just throwing that out there

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Kid Gil. Reading around I seems that I need to have finished London first to unlock his Interlude, which I did, and that it's located in Okeanos. However, I searched there and couldn't find it anywhere. Would it only come with a later update?

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Kid Gil. Reading around I seems that I need to have finished London first to unlock his Interlude, which I did, and that it's located in Okeanos. However, I searched there and couldn't find it anywhere. Would it only come with a later update?
Going by the wiki

"
Unlocks at 3rd Ascension, 5th Bond Level and have to clear London chapter"

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going by the wiki
Unlocks at 3rd Ascension, 5th Bond Level and have to clear London chapter"
Yar, thanks, but I've cleared London and gotten him to 3rd Ascension. Obviously I haven't raised the Bond Level to 5 yet, but usually there should already be a grayed out Interlude node quest for him floating around somewhere.

In that case it's definitely not out yet. Japan got Kid Gil's interlude after their second Halloween event.
Aa okay then. Thank you!

Last edited:

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yar, I've cleared London and gotten him to 3rd Ascension. Obviously I haven't raised the Bond Level to 5 yet, but usually there should already be a grayed out Interlude node quest for him floating around somewhere.
In that case it's definitely not out yet. Japan got Kid Gil's interlude after their second Halloween event.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Does anyone play FGO on Android devices and is outside USA?
I'm gonna switch from iOS to Android, so I'm wondering how do I download the app and buy quartz
If I use a VPN, can I download it from US google store directly and pay in US dollars (like using US gift cards)?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna switch from iOS to Android, so I'm wondering how do I download the app and buy quartz
If I use a VPN, can I download it from US google store directly and pay in US dollars (like using US gift cards)?
I don't know about paying in dollars (last time I bought quartz directly it was in GBP so I'd imagine it would be AUD for you?), but to download the app you want to get the QooApp from the web and you can download FGO from there once it's installed.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about VPN. I use a separate app called QooApp to download and update the game. It has every localized version of the game (Japan, China, Taiwan, etc) to download, so make sure you choose the correct one.

I haven't bought any quartz, but when I tried going into the store, it lists the options in my local currency through my local Google Store. So most likely you don't even need US gift cards and could just buy things the way you're used to.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm outside the USA and use Android, just use QooApp and you're good to go.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. It's just I want to buy quartz using US google play gift cards. Dunno if it's viable...
As far as I'm aware, gift cards can only be redeemed in the currency of origin. So you would need a US Google account. Why do you want to use US gift cards? You can buy quartz in your local currency even if you aren't in the officially released region of FGO.

Oct 25, 2017
I like that, :alterathinking:

This downtime has been great for me. I've basically been bond point farming so I've got gears, bones, and like 20+ quartz out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.