• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Olyphant and his carrots always crack me up.

The Rabbi coming through in the clutch.

Orietta is better at lying, than she is at hiding evidence. Lol @ her saying as a Christian she didn't even know how to spell crime. From a dialogue perspective, she's been the funniest this season to me.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
azX83gt.gif

So next episode I assume Oraetta finds the notebook? Or does she already know?

Oct 25, 2017
I'll spoiler tag just in case but it's just a theory about how this will tie in with previous seasons
idk if they said it in a previous episode but the Rabbi is called Milligan. What are the chances he adopts Loy Cannon's son and names him Mike Milligan?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll spoiler tag just in case but it's just a theory about how this will tie in with previous seasons
idk if they said it in a previous episode but the Rabbi is called Milligan. What are the chances he adopts Loy Cannon's son and names him Mike Milligan?

That's what everyone is thinking. It will most likely lead to it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Loy as a character. He's having such a complex and unexpected reaction to all the tragedy happening to him. Is he like the first Fargo criminal protagonist that actually stepped back and looked at the sheer inhumanity of all the shit they do? Lester was all in, Peggy if she regretted anything at all it wasn't until after she got caught and Ed just never questioned anything, while Nikki Swango was all in and Ray was a kind of just Ed again but with a brother inferiority complex (and Emmit, if he counts, didn't do anything by choice). Loy seems to be one of the few people who looks at all this, in addition to all the racism he suffers and the shit he has to deal with, and says "I am going to be better than this."

And I wonder if it's even true. It's obvious that he has some kind of plan going on, since he knows simply giving Gaetano back isn't going to solve the problem (on the contrary, Josto and Gaetano are going to have a hell of a reunion), but I'm hoping this "I'm not going to prove them right" speech wasn't just talk.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I'm not crazy right, the dialog wa stake out of the show? I'm only hearing music so far.

Edit: fixed it, dunno what happened. I was hearing only music and no dialog. I switched browser.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Loy as a character. He's having such a complex and unexpected reaction to all the tragedy happening to him. Is he like the first Fargo criminal protagonist that actually stepped back and looked at the sheer inhumanity of all the shit they do? Lester was all in, Peggy if she regretted anything at all it wasn't until after she got caught and Ed just never questioned anything, while Nikki Swango was all in and Ray was a kind of just Ed again but with a brother inferiority complex (and Emmit, if he counts, didn't do anything by choice). Loy seems to be one of the few people who looks at all this, in addition to all the racism he suffers and the shit he has to deal with, and says "I am going to be better than this."

And I wonder if it's even true. It's obvious that he has some kind of plan going on, since he knows simply giving Gaetano back isn't going to solve the problem (on the contrary, Josto and Gaetano are going to have a hell of a reunion), but I'm hoping this "I'm not going to prove them right" speech wasn't just talk.
I am absolutely sure Loy set Gaetano back to them thinking that Gaetano want some revenge on his brother. Seems he wants them to turn on each other and show them they're the real "beasts".

SbnaS

Sep 3, 2018
That train station has to be the same location from The Untouchables.

edit. Also Sioux Falls reference there.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
That train station has to be the same location from The Untouchables.

edit. Also Sioux Falls reference there.

It was, Sepinwall mentions it in his review.

www.rollingstone.com

'Fargo' Recap: Bless This Union

This week on 'Fargo,' Zelmare and Swanee miss their train, Josto and Gaetano reunite, and Odis and Deafy face fire. Alan Sepinwall's recap

That whole train sequence towards the end was the highlight of the episode, with the music kicking in and the two women realizing what is happening and deciding to go out in a blaze of glory. OCD cop working up the courage to get out of the car and surveying the aftermath of the shootout

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The shootout at the train station was great, the build up to the women realizing this is the moment they go out in a blaze of glory and the cut to Odis gathering the courage to step out of the car just to see the bloody aftermath.

The season has grown a lot on me, the characters are strong and the story about the rivalizing gangs has been interesting. I had hoped "Deafy" would have been fleshed out a little more, but Olyphant stole the scenes he was in. I was really worried that Chris Rock would end up not fitting in, but he totally sells the role of Loy Cannon.

Hope this season nails the landing, the set up sure seems promising.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So how is the season?

with all the mixed early reviews I've done what I thought I never would do with this series and put it off, wondering if it is in fact worth it?

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So how is the season?

with all the mixed early reviews I've done what I thought I never would do with this series and put it off, wondering if it is in fact worth it?

i generally like it, but it feels like the cast is basically twice as big as it needs to be, and the show suffers because every character does not get enough time to really craft an entire plot arc around them - it feels very disparate and unconnected at times

that being said, there's literally like 12 different compelling characters this season at the same time which is not a bad thing lol

it does also feel like extra slow for some reason to me but i think every season is kinda that to some degree

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is much better than Season 3 so far. I'm glad. I will echo the concerns of cast size. I feel the season would be even stronger if the major cast was sliced down, but they've done well with the direction. It's all been very enjoyable and I hope it ends just as well.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
it's coming into it's own towards the end
a stronger actor than chris rock would have helped, but he;s doing good

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
tonight's episode was very tonally different from the rest

wonder if you can survive being sucked into a tornado in the fargo-verse? but i suppose you can't, considering the text from the book at the beginning.

Last edited:

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Man, it was definitely not what I expected it to be. Season finale next week....I don't know what we're getting but I'm excited. Feel bad for that ending.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact:

The actor who plays the bandaged man who talks to Satchel is the same guy who played Rabbi's dad, Owney Milligan.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely fantastic episode. Beautifully shot, and scored. Funny and poignant. Hands down the best of the season and despite the languid pace I was glued to the screen.

Manalicream

Sep 12, 2018
Loved all the references in this episode. I guess twin peaks the return set the trend for a black and white episode that's offbeat (not withstanding the obvious wizard of oz reference). Watchmen did something similar too.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I both looked at each other after that episode and said that was awful. Boring and pretentious. Like the worst episodes of Legion.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the hell out of that episode. That was great. Also, the preview for the next one was interesting. It refers to the next episode as the FINAL EPISODE. Is this really the last season they're doing?

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I enjoyed the hell out of that episode. That was great. Also, the preview for the next one was interesting. It refers to the next episode as the FINAL EPISODE. Is this really the last season they're doing?

It's the final episode of the season....I assume that's what they mean. I have not heard anything about the series finishing. As with all TV shows though, it may be a while until season 5 with covid affecting the TV/movie industry. As it was even before covid though, Fargo didn't exactly stick to a yearly production schedule.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

I was listening to Hawley on a podcast and he said he would only do another season if some idea came to him to do one. He didn't think he would do one after 3, so this could very well be the final installment or a few years down the line he might have another idea. Hawley is one of those people who have like 3 or 4 projects in the works, so I certainly wouldn't expect a yearly schedule from him.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or was Gaetano wierdly sentimental this episode. Like, okay, he's been in "best brother ever" mode ever since he got released, fine, but he seemed weirdly somber when he killed Otis. Like, he didn't seem his usual sadistic self, he just looked at him like it's too bad he had to kill him. Anyone else found that weird?

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me, or was Gaetano wierdly sentimental this episode. Like, okay, he's been in "best brother ever" mode ever since he got released, fine, but he seemed weirdly somber when he killed Otis. Like, he didn't seem his usual sadistic self, he just looked at him like it's too bad he had to kill him. Anyone else found that weird?

Yeah he was all over the place but he always kind of was. I think he's probably the worst actor that has been on Fargo. The intense eye thing was over acting and the dancing to imaginary classical music was lame and just ripping off Boondock Saints (or other shows/movies that do that stupid trope).

Just a handful of bad choices for the performance/ character.

His fall when he bailed on the ice a few episodes ago was perfect though.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Not enjoying this season much at all honestly but last week's ep was good. I think the second season will end up being the only one I really think is great.
Haven't read much of this thread or any speculation online at all really but
Satchel is definitely Mike Milligan, right?
I think most of the connections they've drawn between the seasons (or at least the one at the end of season 2) have been silly and pointless but that could be fun and the timeline seems to match up well enough.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I wonder how that ring is gonna help Loy exactly.
I know who killed your dad josto, lets team up?
Josto didn't strike me as being too sentimental about it in general (his mom, either for that matter)

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how that ring is gonna help Loy exactly.
I know who killed your dad josto, lets team up?
Josto didn't strike me as being too sentimental about it in general (his mom, either for that matter)

My thinking is that...

Loy is going to take the information and the ring to the Fadda family consigliere, the character that Doctor Senator spoke to who's in regular contact with the NYC family, to instigate more infighting. The NYC family seems to have had enough of Josta's leadership. With the death of Gaetano and the revelation that Josta was somewhat responsible for his father's death, this will likely be the last straw for the NYC family. In the preview, it looks like the Fadda mob kidnapped Mayflower for a mock trial, so we could be heading into an 'M' style false court scene to decide the fate of Josta, Mayflower, and the family.

That's what I'm leaning towards. Still, it doesn't look like things will turn out perfect for Loy and his crew either.