Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Credit goes to Joe Skrebels from Ign UK who's Twitter I took this from.

Apologies if this has already been discussed in here..

20200710_133257.jpg
Oh fucking wow.
Remind me, did we actually witness Vaas dying because all I remember was some hallucination set piece.

Kane1345

Senior QA, Starbreeze Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped playing Far Cry 5 because there was hardly time to breathe in that game without some enemy or animal wanting a piece of me. Hoping 6 does a better job in this regard.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm hoping for some major changes to the FC gameplay and/or formula but my expectations are low as this is still cross-gen.
More interested in the game overall thanks to Mr Esposito tho.

Oct 24, 2019
People knew specifically about this game, the thread asking about location had Cuba as an option and I remember someone said Giancarlo would be in the next FC.

Guilty on both counts :p

I put Cuba on the poll purely because Ubisoft had it as an option on their own FC poll a couple years ago. I've learned to listen to their polls since there's a 90% chance that they're about to imminently release one of the options on it.

I (along with many others) guessed that Giancarlo would be the villain for FC 6 in a different thread just because it would match Ubisoft's MO for FC and Giancarlo usually plays bad guys lol.

Long story short, some people surely had inside info (Shinobi was dropping hints in my poll thread), but I think people were mostly piecing things together through logic and random bits of evidence-- kind of cool when it pans out!

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Smart delivery is just a buzzword. What have the feature on Xbox will have on ps5 and vice versa.

There are differences.

If you buy the PS5 version, will you also get the PS4 version?
If you download the PS4 version of the game to your external hard drive, can you copy it to your PS5's SSD and have the PS5 download only the new assets and not the entire game?
Will it have one game save across both systems?
Will it have the same trophies on both systems?

With cross buy in the past, those last two are different for many titles.

With Smart Delivery, this isn't even in question. It's the same game SKU.

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
Enjoyed FC5 but really didn't like New Dawn, so I'm hoping this is a return to form without things like the numbers to show damage etc.

Still holding out for a new FC Primal. Picked it up for a tenner when it was on sale and had a blast with it.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Tired as fuck setting but lets see how Ubi differentiates this from 5, if its another one of "those Ubi games" ill maybe see you at the 20e price point

Feb 8, 2018
I was just thinking what is the most impressive cross-gen title right now? More gameplay is required anyway to answer the question.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I think Vaas will be the main playable character.

Michael Mando some time ago:

Thank you so much! Vaas is my spirit animal - having co-created that character is something that will always be dear to me. I still get recognized as Vaas, and I still feel the outpouring of love for that character - makes me very happy. Who knows... maybe I will reprise the role very soon? :p Thank you for watching xo

www.gamespot.com

Far Cry 3 Actor Michael Mando Hints At Reprising Vaas Soon

Far Cry 3 fans came running out of the woodwork for this AMA.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
While I really want to get excited about FC 6, I'll wait to see more because of how disappointed I was with 5 and the way the story was told which was horrendous. The sandbox was nice but damn, the story between the random kidnappings, the weird cutscenes and the bizarre writing...it really took a plunge from me.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
if that prequel plot point is real imagine if they tried to make it a twist that he becomes Vaas. Not only did they get their game leaked, but their story twist leaked lmao

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
A far cry game with Gus is like a dream scenario, fully in.
Also loved far cry 5 (hated new dawn though).

Oct 28, 2019
if that prequel plot point is real imagine if they tried to make it a twist that he becomes Vaas. Not only did they get their game leaked, but their story twist leaked lmao

It's all speculation based on the cover photo of Far Cry 6 tho

Nothing has been leaked about this gamer other than

a) it's coming this financial year
b) strong hints to its setting

and now the PSN store page

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how Far Cry 5 ends, a prequel does make the most sense. Giancarlo is a great get for the antagonist and not-Cuba is already more interesting than Far Cry 5's setting.

I do hope they try and shake things up a bit gameplay wise as well.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Early life
Vaas was born in 1985 on the Rook Islands and from a young age, he was a member of the native Rakyat. He was particularly close to his sister Citra and mentions that his first kill was for her.

farcry.fandom.com

Vaas Montenegro

Vaas Montenegro is one of the primary villains of Far Cry 3, appearing as the main antagonist for the first half of its storyline. He is the archenemy of Jason Brody and Dennis Rogers and is the main key art character of the game, being featured in numerous promotional materials. He returns in...

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Setting looks more appealing to me than Far Cry 5 (still have to play that one).
Regarding the free upgrade, they especially say that the digital version gets a free PS5 version. I really hope this is the same case for physical copies.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I'd love for some connection with Vaas but if it is supposed to be a big story twist, you just don't include such a big hint in the key promo art of the game, it would be entirely stupid. You let the players find out when they play to keep the surprise. I can't imagine Ubisoft wanting to keep that secret while basically giving it away like that.

Uzupedro

May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Tell me what's the difference.
In Smart Delivery you have the guarantee of Cross-Progression, your trophies, saves and in-game progression will continue from the same point that you were on another console.
At Crossbuy there is nothing to prevent this but you do not have this guarantee.
And in Smart Delivery you have a unique SKU, another detail that can exist in crossbuy, but it is not guaranteed (It's an aspect that I do not know if it will make a difference for most people tho, but it's there).

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I don't speak Spanish, but Dani Rojas sounds gender neutral to me? So presumably we'll get to customise the gender and appearance?

yeah that was already in Far Cry 5 so would assume same mute protagonist theme will continue. And everyone will refer to you as "Rookie" or yeah probably Dani in this instance :D

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Tell me what's the difference.
It's been discussed ad nauseam. Some people really want it to be the same, but it's not.

One thing that should be easy to understand about Smart Delivery is that it involves one sku. You put the disc in your Xbox One or X or XSX and it recognizes which console it is and plays the correct version for the console you're using. You cannot put a PS4 disc in the PS5 and have it play the PS5 version. It will play the PS4 version.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Tbh it sounds like every other Far Cry since 3 and without major changes to ganeplay loop or open world approach this will feel like a copy & paste game all ober again...
AC had its overhaul with Origins and Watch_Dogs is getting something really unique with Legions.
But Far Cry apparently still is the same...
I hope there is something really new to the game that makes it stand out.