LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Finished. About that ending...

I didn't see that coming. So Joseph was right all along and the world is fucked? Huh.

If you ride in a vehicle before the final mission there'll be a radio broadcast stating Russia has been decimated by nuclear weapons. Definitely was not expecting that ending.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I didn't see that coming. So Joseph was right all along and the world is fucked? Huh.

If you interpret it that way, there's enough evidence to argue a few different stances on it. Problem is that the game does nothing to earn it and presents it as more grandiose and meaningful than it really is.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic

Well yeah he was.

The whole game was set on a brink of nuclear war with Russia. That's why so many people had bunkers in their homes and I guess why Joseph had so easy time to recruit people into his doomsday cult.

They didn't told us anything about it simply because they wanted a shocking ending.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
How many missions are there in this? I literally run across NPCs with question marks on them every minute and I have to stand next to them and wait for the game to decide if it will let me actually talk to them.
If you zoom back on the map it will tell you the exact amount of missions for each region (I literally just discovered this after 15 hours of playing myself).
I've only used Boomer so far... I should probably try the other ones at some point...
Same here, and I have 4 more unlocked now I believe. He is just so damn helpful. And he is a dog. I do not think I will try any others to be honest.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Do you think they'll patch it so the bear rides in the car with you?
Fans: Let the bears in Ubi.
20Wll8Z.jpg

Ubisoft: We've got you fam.
evXLRRcl.jpg

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I was super hyped to play this game and again, I'm just bummed by how I bought into another open world game I probably won't ever finish. I need to stick to what I can actually play :9

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
My buddy said if I do too many side missions I may lock myself out of some main story semi-side quests, is that true? I vaguely remember something like that in Far Cry Primal or 4, where it was better to do the main mission stuff first then side stuff for some reason I can't remember, wondering if FC5 is the same.
Yup, it's best to do the main story missions first because some of them will auto-complete once you fill up the resistance bar for that region. It doesn't say mission failed or anything but I guess you do miss out on those rewards. During my first playthrough I did so much side stuff before even reaching Fall's End (the first town hub) that I actually missed out on a story cutscene that introduces some major characters.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's best to do the main story missions first because some of them will auto-complete once you fill up the resistance bar for that region. It doesn't say mission failed or anything but I guess you do miss out on those rewards. During my first playthrough I did so much side stuff before even reaching Fall's End (the first town hub) that I actually missed out on a story cutscene that introduces some major characters.
I'm fairly sure it's only the first 3 missions Dutch gives you at the beginning that can auto-complete? Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
Played a bit more Arcade PvP and man is the netcode trash. I hope they improve it otherwise I'm just gonna stick with solo/co-op maps.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
I'm about half way through my second region and getting a little burnt out, and honestly I feel like it's because of the perk/weapon progression. Feel like I've unlocked all I want. I wish more of the missions/side activities unlocked cooler weapons or perks. Still think it's a great game and probably the best Far Cry overall--the free form missions and prepper stashes are fantastic.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
This game definitely needs a "survival" difficulty setting.

Much faster enemy detection.
Much slower perk progression.
Less ammo pickups.
No health regen during combat.
No magic shops. You buy one item. Random hunter dude will only buy skins, helicopters and the like should be a huge investment.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Less ammo pickups.
No magic shops. You buy one item. Random hunter dude will only buy skins, helicopters and the like should be a huge investment.

A mode like that would be broken since the game has no crafting and the AI spawning is completely screwed.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
A mode like that would be broken since the game has no crafting and the AI spawning is completely screwed.

I fully expect the spawn rate on the roads to be tweaked.

In any case, this would be for those who really want a challenge. Like all those other half-assed hardcore modes like Bioshocks 1999 mode... very poorly tested, but hey, if you try enough you will it make it through.

Oct 26, 2017

Nah, most (If not all of them I believe?) Quest giver NPCs don't die they just go into the revive state if you injure them. Punching some does nothing while others will make everyone want to kill you.

NPCs that just point out People/Prepper Stashes/other stuff can be killed cause that info is just being given to you randomly/near the point of interest and the NPC giving it doesn't matter.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nah, most (If not all of them I believe?) Quest giver NPCs don't die they just go into the revive state if you injure them. Punching some does nothing while others will make everyone want to kill you.
Ah, gotcha. Kinda wish it was like a bethesda game with most npcs being mortal, but I guess this game would be utterly broken considering how many skirmishes the AI gets into on the daily.

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, gotcha. Kinda wish it was like a bethesda game with most npcs being mortal, but I guess this game would be utterly broken considering how many skirmishes the AI gets into on the daily.

Yeah, I think Far Cry 2 let you kill story NPCs at any time too actually (Never beat it and that was like 7 years ago) You can kill your Guns/Fangs for hire but they just respawn after like 20 minutes and forget you killed them lol.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you interpret it that way, there's enough evidence to argue a few different stances on it. Problem is that the game does nothing to earn it and presents it as more grandiose and meaningful than it really is.
What evidence is there for other interpretations? Seemed pretty clear to me.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wtf kind of system is that lol. Ah well I'm glad I found out about it here and not in game as I literally just progressed enough to be told to go to fall's end. I'm guessing I haven't missed anything yet.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that wasn't as fun a game as I thought it would be. Didn't find the villains to be memorable at all, and the story overall was meh.

The ending...

qnPNUpP.gif

I enjoyed the setting of the game. The map was nice. Other Farcry game find some fun int he total mayhem. This one felt way too... serious.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
Wtf kind of system is that lol. Ah well I'm glad I found out about it here and not in game as I literally just progressed enough to be told to go to fall's end. I'm guessing I haven't missed anything yet.
The good thing is your journal sorts story missions into their own list, so just focus on those first before you kill the Herald of that region. The side stuff (as far as I know) will always be there waiting for you.

Less ammo pickups.
I agree, with a few tweaks the economy could put more emphasis on survival and resource management. I've also thought of ideas like - driving PEG vehicles makes it harder for enemies to detect you or delivery missions similar to the fuel truck one where you steal resources from the cult and deliver them to the resistance.

Last edited:

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saved some civilian that looked like Ron Howard's brother. I'm sitting here at almost 1am trying not to laugh my ass off.

PS_Messages_20180402_233130.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Think I've barely touched the first region I chose to go to at least going by the stats and I feel like I've already exhausted the game's unique content. The prep stashes are the best part of the game so far but all they do is help add to how quickly the economy breaks in the game. I already have over $10k and fully loaded up in ammo and explosives and I've played maybe 5 hours at most.

I almost think "breaking" the economy is a substantial part of Farcry in general. At least since 3. You quickly become OP (perhaps more quickly in 5), and then have the freedom to romp across the landscape. If you didn't become OP it wouldn't be Farcry.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
If you ride in a vehicle before the final mission there'll be a radio broadcast stating Russia has been decimated by nuclear weapons. Definitely was not expecting that ending.

SHIT

I drove to the compound in a car that didn't have a radio >:[
I do wonder if Ubisoft has any FreeLC to 'round out' the ending, or if that's it for the Far Cry 'verse.

edit: And weird... I can start the game back up and it says Joseph is dead and Hope County is liberated.
Also noticed that the 'daily reading' on the church in Fall's End says:

Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the Lord.

So, did the ending happen? The Fall's End pic on the home screen suggests it did, but ... I don't know.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
zivfzR5.gif

Had this happen while playing Co-op with a buddy of mine, the rag doll in this game is pretty great.

Also I have no idea where the slingshot came from, it randomly appeared in my hands and I did not have one on me at all lol

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm grace under fire story mission disappeared when I raised my resistance level to max in johns area. Will this mission reappear?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I agree with you
And for jacob it is even more aggravating... i got enough time and was cool blooded... so i did not shoot the last one... went around... and discovered i had no choice... you have to do it. It should have been an opportunity for a branching path :( it felt darn poor. Even with less time, it's obvious visually that the last one is not the faceless usual suspect.

Yeah, it even starts earlier than that. On the final run, the enemies have blood spatters after you take the LMG, instead of disappearing like usual.

The game just takes away your freedom too many times.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How in the fuck did I rescue the Marshall by going into an illusion sequence? I hope that's explained later or something I missed earlier on in that region.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm about half way through my second region and getting a little burnt out, and honestly I feel like it's because of the perk/weapon progression. Feel like I've unlocked all I want. I wish more of the missions/side activities unlocked cooler weapons or perks. Still think it's a great game and probably the best Far Cry overall--the free form missions and prepper stashes are fantastic.

Watch this and you'll see how this game can be played.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=91&v=3A5ODFmve14

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't like how I got kidnapped into a zone-ending mission without seeking it out, I had stuff I was doing. Then I got a neverending black screen on PS4, hopefully it saved a checkpoint. Anyone have any idea why the silencer for the .50 cal doesn't work at all?

I'm about half way through my second region and getting a little burnt out, and honestly I feel like it's because of the perk/weapon progression. Feel like I've unlocked all I want.
Same here, I don't need any of the other perks at all. Who cares if an ally comes back a little bit sooner when you can just swap them out and wait? Who cares if you can reload a bit quicker when you have 3 other weapons? Who cares about a one or two point overall stat difference and a paint job for $7000 on a gun? Who cares about buying expensive clothes you can't see because it's an FPS?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Just fired it up tonight on my X1X. Beautiful game and things feel a little more polished than I remember in last Far Cry games.

Interesting how they changed the progression system — so hunting now is basically for perks and gold? No crafting, huh. But I will say "awesome" how you can seemingly obtain all the prestige weapons pretty easily with cash, rather than the store bought silver bars. Unless I'm missing something...

Quick question, are the prestige weapons just reskins or are they actually more powerful?

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Who thought that randomly throwing you into forced story missions (sometimes corridor type shooter ones) in an open world game was a good idea? It's the one thing I hate about this otherwise very good game. I'm exploring this great world, suddenly I'm marked and in a bunker being tortured by John Seed. Narratively it doesn't make much sense that Id escape that and it just takes you completely out of the fun, balls to the wall, open world style of game.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
SHIT

I drove to the compound in a car that didn't have a radio >:[
I do wonder if Ubisoft has any FreeLC to 'round out' the ending, or if that's it for the Far Cry 'verse.

edit: And weird... I can start the game back up and it says Joseph is dead and Hope County is liberated.
Also noticed that the 'daily reading' on the church in Fall's End says:

Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the Lord.

So, did the ending happen? The Fall's End pic on the home screen suggests it did, but ... I don't know.

I'm sure the ending is real and they just let us back in the world to complete any quests or finish any trophies/ achievements you might want to do.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I got hella motion sickness when I played this for a couple hours earlier on PC. Definitely need to bump up that FoV and turn off screen shake if that's possible.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
I'm sure the ending is real and they just let us back in the world to complete any quests or finish any trophies/ achievements you might want to do.

Atm I'm not sure, thanks to Ubi's clumsy writing. The radio chatter does hint that things are going badly in the world outside of Hope County, but I think earlier in the game we hear that the entire region is cut off. But then you have the final mission which seems like one big hallucination. None of it makes any sense. The song on the radio, the fact that you'd even bother taking Joseph with you if a nuke went off.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just fired it up tonight on my X1X. Beautiful game and things feel a little more polished than I remember in last Far Cry games.

Interesting how they changed the progression system — so hunting now is basically for perks and gold? No crafting, huh. But I will say "awesome" how you can seemingly obtain all the prestige weapons pretty easily with cash, rather than the store bought silver bars. Unless I'm missing something...

Quick question, are the prestige weapons just reskins or are they actually more powerful?

What? The lack of polish is one of my biggest issues with the game.