• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In 2QB leagues, QBs are significantly more valuable than RBs (in a PPR 2QB league it can be close though). I would do that trade for sure
Thanks for the input. Managed to tentatively swap Stafford and Corey Davis for Dak with the guy who won the 2nd Fitzmagic bidding.

Dak's ROS and playoff schedule is juicy. Stafford's ROS isn't.

Overall I think I'll come out ahead this way, retaining White.

Plus Stafford has the bears 2x next three weeks, and while I've got the league lead in points for tiebreak purposes, 5-4 is damn precarious.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So, ESPN just put up a new story about Le'Veon, and COMPLETELY buried the lead http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25187177/leveon-bell-talked-steelers-unlikely-report-week
DrSRgPLVAAEpVEU.jpg

I have been under the assumption that he would not accrue a season if he didn't sign the tag. If he doesn't play at all, the Stealers could franchise him again, but that would be really hard to do- you get a 40%ish raise each tag which would make it something like 22+ million, which would be really hard to fit in their cap. They can transition tag him, but then he gets the ability to sign whatever contract he wants and they get the right to match it.

I don't think Leveon plays at all this season

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Traded Devante Parker, got Eli McGuire. Purely a depth move but I hope Parker doesn't go off now :(
You came out on top imo.

So, ESPN just put up a new story about Le'Veon, and COMPLETELY buried the lead http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25187177/leveon-bell-talked-steelers-unlikely-report-week
DrSRgPLVAAEpVEU.jpg

I have been under the assumption that he would not accrue a season if he didn't sign the tag. If he doesn't play at all, the Stealers could franchise him again, but that would be really hard to do- you get a 40%ish raise each tag which would make it something like 22+ million, which would be really hard to fit in their cap. They can transition tag him, but then he gets the ability to sign whatever contract he wants and they get the right to match it.

I don't think Leveon plays at all this season
I don't know what to believe anymore

:screams:

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I didn't think it was possible, but I actually think the cowboys have a worse offense than the titans (yeah zeke is good, but the rest of the offense is so just a dumpster fire)

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Bell and Conner on my Team, but I may just drop Bell, even if he comes back conner been doing work and bell wont even be in shape

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to win this week coming up, problem is all my viking players are on a bye, so I have to hope Alex Smith does work.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to pull a solid receiver off someone before trade deadline this week. Starting to thin out at WR (especially if Green ends up missing multiple weeks) and am pretty stacked at RB (Gurley, McCaffrey, Mixon, Coleman). Mixon or Coleman for a WR1 should be doable, yeah?

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
6-3! Currently pursuing the number 1 seed (7-2) with 4 weeks to go...

Grabbed the Colts defense for a championship run, other than the Texans that schedule is juicy. Seeing if I can get the Jets for this week, too...

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Second place at 7-2. Just so happen to be playing the 1st place team this week, also at 7-2. This is also one of the two teams to beat me this year...in the first week of the season. I have a few players on a bye this week, and I dont see how I pull out a win this week. Pretty much chalking up an L already.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
4-5 in a three way tie for first.

It's been an interesting season.

Fournette returns and Larry has risen from the dead, so I've got some decisions to make...

Nov 3, 2017
Hanging on to one of the last playoff spots at 4-5. Barely survived a BYE week massacre.

Was propped a trade that I need another set of eyes on.
RECIEVE: TJ Yeldon
SEND: Z Ertz

Ertz has been good for me but I'm concerned he'll lose targets from Tate, whom I also have. My RB core is DJohnson, Chubb and Lewis. My receivers are Tate, Green and Woods.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Hanging on to one of the last playoff spots at 4-5. Barely survived a BYE week massacre.

Ertz has been good for me but I'm concerned he'll lose targets from Tate, whom I also have. My RB core is DJohnson, Chubb and Lewis. My receivers are Tate, Green and Woods.
No no no. Fournette is practicing and should be back this week. Yeldon is purely passing down back now.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017

TE is a wasteland. Having Ertz gives you a jump start on every team you face other than the Kelce owner. Yeldon could fall into irrelevance if Fournette comes back strong. I'd discourage you from making this trade.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017

Don't do that. If you want to send Ertz away you can get a much more reliable RB. Do you have a solid back up TE?

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
5-4 after starting 0-4 and have secured a playoff spot for the time being. Train needs to keep rollin' but I'm in a precarious position. Since A.J. is probably going to miss time my only must-starts are Conner and Davante Adams. I have to fill the rest of my lineup each week with people who are quite boom-or-bust-y (AP, Alshon, Drake, Coleman, and Edelman).
4-5 in a three way tie for first.
H-....how is that possible? If the first place teams are 4-5 that implies the entire league has a losing record, which per math is impossible. Unless your playoff seeding is determined by total points or something.
I have Bell and Conner on my Team, but I may just drop Bell, even if he comes back conner been doing work and bell wont even be in shape
I have both as well and at this point I'm just hoping Bell stays gone the entire season. Need Conner to keep feasting.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

as others have stated dont do this trade

even if fournette wasn't slated to come back this week-you still shouldnt do this trade

i dont own ertz but the only rb's i'd be willing to trade him for are nick chubb, michel etc (mid/high end rb2's basically)

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I need to pick up a TE, Eric Ebron or Jack Doyle?

Now that Doyle has come back, I feel like he's the better option over Ebron.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
H-....how is that possible? If the first place teams are 4-5 that implies the entire league has a losing record, which per math is impossible. Unless your playoff seeding is determined by total points or something.

League is split into two divisions. One division has an 8-1 and 6-3. I'm in the other.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
League is split into two divisions. One division has an 8-1 and 6-3. I'm in the other.
Ah, I see. Do divisions matter in your playoff seeding? Mine is split as well but playoffs are still determined by overall record (with total points for as the tiebreaker). Would suck to be left out of the playoffs if you had a much better record than the winners of the inferior division.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm praying that I can snag the Jets D off waivers this week. I'm 6th in priority, so it's not looking good, lol.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys feel about trading players to a team your playing the same week. I just sent DJ and Boyd for Michael Thomas and Kittle and I just have a feeling my own players are going to destroy me.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
really wish I had the space to pick up MVS since my receivers outside of mike thomas are pretty underwhelming. I feel like the right move is to drop baldwin for him, but I just cant bring myself to do it (and i can't trade him for anything since the seahawks are just running the ball)

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. Do divisions matter in your playoff seeding? Mine is split as well but playoffs are still determined by overall record (with total points for as the tiebreaker). Would suck to be left out of the playoffs if you had a much better record than the winners of the inferior division.

We used to have it set up so that the top three in each division advanced. This season we changed it so that it's just the top six teams, albeit division winners are guaranteed the 1 and 2 seeds (and a bye).

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I have OJ Howard and Jack Doyle. Wish I could pick up MVS but I'm down to $2 in FAAB.

Really don't know what to do about John Brown. I also have Christian Kirk, DJ Moore, and Courtland Sutton.

I feel like I'm set for the year.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I need to pick up a TE, Eric Ebron or Jack Doyle?

Now that Doyle has come back, I feel like he's the better option over Ebron.
There are 3 TE that are every-week difference makers/must starts- Kelce, Ertz, Kittle.
There is the next tier- TE that generally produce on a weekly basis, but you might end up with a 2 catch for 14 yard preformance out of nowhere- Ebron, Howard, Cook, Burton
There is the "I have no fucking idea anymore" tier which is Gronk (health), Jordan Reed (usually a stud who misses half the year- he's been healthy but inneffective all season), and Jimmy Graham (plz fire McCarthy).
Then the final tier is "everyone else- on a week-to-week basis, some of these guys will go off for 70 yards and a TD, while others will get between 0 and 4 fantasy points.

I would say that Doyle is currently in the "Everyone Else" tier, but of any guy who could move up to the top or 2nd tier, he's far and away the most likely to do so

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Doyle came back finally, was in 57 snaps, Ebron only got 17 snaps. Doyle will be a decent TE for rest of year, Luck loves to Target him. Ebron will be redzone threat basically.

Oct 27, 2017
So this is my big bye week. Deshaun, Diggs and Thielen are out of my lineup and I face the #1 team in the league. RIP

I now have to decide on my RB2 this week. It's a decision between Marlon Mack and Aaron Jones. I also need to decide between Ben Watson or Doyle at TE. Save me fantasy gawds!