Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You're bugging if you're actually trying to tell me that as formats pass as new pack get made that summons and archetypes don't fall out of flavor and stop receiving new support. You keep confusing exceptions as the rule. there's no point in me talking to you. You've been pretty hostile through this whole thread and we're now dragging this thread off topic with talk about tho. I maintain my point.

That an archetype falls out of fashion is in NO WAY comparable to erasing entire mechanics from a game.

You have shown that you have no idea what you're talking about. And I'm not the only poster to point it out.

Have a good one. Bye

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good, both concepts were some garbage tier levels executed ideas. Now, if only we'd get new Galar form Pokémon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That's weird because on the outside of the dynamax wristband you can clearly see a Z-Crsytal slot :

For comparison Sun and Moon:

As said, that's just the Dynamax logo. What is weird though is that the Dynamax band clearly has some influence from the Z-bracelets.
Sword_Shield_Dynamax_Band.png

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Wrong again. Please, stop trying. Archetypes such as Six Samurai did not only get Xyz Support, but also Fusion and Link Support at different points of their life and remain a viable deck. Also Metas change with the introduction of new stuff, shocking I know.

The apology "mode" they are on right now is exactly because they tried to pull the exact same shit you're celebrating here.

Your point always that YGO always does what Gamefreak is doing right now (Erase content from existence) when that never happened in the timeframe you describe. The one time they did try to pull that with the introduction of Master Rule 4 which tried to phase out Fusion, Synchro and Xyz, the backlash was so immense we're still in apology mode two years later. Sam kind of Backlash Gamefreak is feeling right now.

The existence of a Banlist for balance has never meant that banned cards stop being printed or usable in non competitive matches also.

Farrac Can confirm everything I just said
Yeah, pretty much. Again, if the new mechanics seem better than older ones is because they are the hot new thing and the hot new thing tends to be good because of insane power creep, but not because they are inherently better. If Konami wants to make a good Ritual deck (Necroz) they WILL make a good ritual deck. It's all about the individual cards' power.

I remember there was a time when Necroz, a Ritual deck, was dominating the meta, and other top tier decks included things like Shaddoll, a Fusion deck, Yang Zing, a Synchro Deck, and Burning Abyss, a mainly Xyz deck (and every other summoning method it wanted, really). There were other decks released later like Monarchs, Kozmo, etc, that didn't use the Extra Deck that much at all, and Pendulums didn't really get good untill Qliphoth came out. All these decks were good because Arc-V featured every summoning method as a plot device, so Konami wanted to have good decks for all the summoning methods, so they just printed them.

Link Summoning was a different story. Link summoning does not stand alongside the other summoning methods as an equal, but as a middleman. It's not that it was a superior summoning method, it was that the other summoning mechanics were warped around Link summoning first, but Link summoning didn't need any other summoning mechanic. So now, entire decks were completely useless unless you used Links. And it's not like Konami printed 300 Link monsters in the first pack. Now we have a lot more options for Link summoning and we are used to them but at the time Link summoning was a stab in the back.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
I swear to god some of you hate anything new. Z moves were meh but mega evos added a lot of depth to the battle and made some garbage pokemon usable in competitive.

If you hate new things keep playing pikelon red.

And yes I'm salty as fuck.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Era: Ugh Gamefreak has been pushing the same game for years! Do something different already!

GF: we're removing this old thing and trying this new thing

Era: God GF has the worst decision making! Why can't they just keep giving me all of the same stuff all over again!

Fighting games don't spend 20 years building a franchise on the back of transferring your data over to the newest one to have all the features you had before and more.

Stop making excuses for them
I highly doubt 20 years ago they were still expecting to be making these games.

Era is gonna be the forum in another 20 years absolutely flabbergasted that a company can't squeeze in all 3000 4k model pokemon along with all 11 unique gimmick mechanics from 18 generations into a single cartridge

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I hated the concept of mega evolutions from day 1 so that would have been ok with me but it's absurd that game freak gets away with this kind of crap every single time

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Never liked mega evolutions or Z-moves, honestly. Gimmicks that didn't really add much so I won't personally miss them but damn... Game Freak sure does love to get rid of features from previous games. For that reason, I feel bad for the fans who did love mega evolutions and Z-Moves.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
Agree with many folks here: could care less about Z moves but liked the designs (if not the actual battle practicality) of mega evolutions and hope to see them back as new permanent evolutions or in the inevitable "Ultra Sword/Shield." I suspect they are gone for at least this gen though.

Also not surprised about UBs being out - they were all so weird and out of place - but it's a little odd considering how important they were in S/M and US/UM. Also I'd love for them to double down on regional variants - would make a ton of sense to have Galar versions of Kalos Pokémon - but I'm sure it's another idea GF is going to abandon this gen.

I've been playing a lot of Pokémon lately and on some level I get trimming the dex. There are so many garbage Pokémon, though GF is doing better each gen by having fewer new Pokémon. At some point the effort wasn't the pay off. It would be nice though if they clarified what was happening with older games, Home, and the new titles.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I hated the concept of mega evolutions from day 1 so that would have been ok with me but it's absurd that game freak gets away with this kind of crap every single time

It amazes me how much people will allow a company to fuck them over because "Those new things weren't there when I was 12"
We're literally losing 400+ Pokemon, 2 Mechanics, and tons of content, and you still see people defending this here.

I'm just glad that's not the general sentiment in social media.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Also, to kind of justify the whole Link Summoning derail in here: this situation is similar to it. Game makers screw playerbase after so many years of supporting a specific playstile, playerbase gets inmensely upset, game maker goes through with it anyway but kinda starts backpedaling in some capacity. I think we should just keep the pressure up in here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Shit like this makes the lore of the series feel inconsistent.

Like, I fully expected Mega Evolutions for at least every single starter Pokemon, after seeing Gen 1 and Gen 3 got them. I'm more than okay with not every Pokemon having a mega, but to stop at Gen 5 when we are now 8 generations deep is disappointing and nonsensical. It just feels like yet another thing the series ran with when it was new and then hastily discarded for the foreseeable future.

Same as following/riding Pokemon from LGPE. Probably everyone's absolute favorite feature from that game, and then... Nope. Not in the mainline sequel.

Is Mega Mewtwo or Lucario still a thing in Smash Ultimate? That's gonna feel pretty dated in the future, if not already.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Seems to me that these guys are confused on what to do with the franchise. Why would you take out mega evolutions?

All they had to do was put in more regional pokemon tbh

I honestly feel like the past couple of gens something has been off, I don't feel to confident in Gamefreak anymore, which is crazy I used to be a big fan

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, sure, Mega evolutions are gone....
The designs won't be though, I'll bet anything on it.

But the hot takes here, before we know all the facts, are really impressive.
Good job guys, way to get prematurely angry!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I highly doubt 20 years ago they were still expecting to be making these games.

Era is gonna be the forum in another 20 years absolutely flabbergasted that a company can't squeeze in all 3000 4k model pokemon along with all 11 unique gimmick mechanics from 18 generations into a single cartridge
I mean yeah, I would be flabbergasted if those couldn't fit onto a cartridge in 20 years, yeah.

This is a dumb fucking post. We just fit over 800 high-polygon Pokémon on a 4GB 3DS cartridge three years ago. None of these cuts are because of insurmountable technological or storage issues.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
It's a shame in some ways and not in others. Some of the Megas like Beedrill were legitimately cool and took a very weak Pokemon and made them strong which was great to see after years of being irrelevant. But it did feel like they were maybe a bit of a thorn as a balancing issue, with some of them being blatantly stronger than other Megas, and many other Pokemon.

Z-Moves I won't miss at all, but it seems like their idea is being incorporated with Max Moves, so I guess their essence still remains.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I mean yeah, I would be flabbergasted if those couldn't fit onto a cartridge in 20 years, yeah.

This is a dumb fucking post. We just fit over 800 high-polygon Pokémon on a 4GB 3DS cartridge three years ago. None of these cuts are because of insurmountable technological or storage issues.
They even already have the models.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Z-moves are completely disposable but some Megas made formerly useless Pokemon useful. Now Sableye, Beedrill, Manectric, Mawile etc will go back to being pointless. You'd think Game Freak would try and compensate by rebalancing those that really needed those Mega forms but the easiest solution is to just cut them out of this game.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
good riddance.
i would however be fine if they just made the mega evos permanent for a few pokemon.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Z-moves are completely disposable but some Megas made formerly useless Pokemon useful. Now Sableye, Beedrill, Manectric, Mawile etc will go back to being pointless. You'd think Game Freak would try and compensate by rebalancing those that really needed those Mega forms but the easiest solution is to just cut them out of this game.

They could just be nonexistent! Problem solved!

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Have they already confirmed the number of Pokémon in the Galar-dex or are you just making up random numbers?

The most we've had for a Regional Pokedex is about 300+.

Im expecting 500+ this time, and I'm probably being generous, so about 400 Pokemon will get cut.

But that's just my prediction

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018

I mean I think I'll take the word of the people actually working on the game over resetera poster WhiteRabbitEXE if that's alright with you. You're being facetious if you think I literally meant it was a spacing issue

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The most we've had for a Regional Pokedex is about 300+.

Im expecting 500 this time, and I'm probably being generous, so about 400 Pokemon will get cut

These are new games. Masuda said there would be a large amount of Pokémon in these games.
We literally have no idea how many of them will make it into these games just because the most we've had so far was 300+.

Stop making up numbers as if they were facts.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
It looks like gamefreak are following the bungie destiny 2 logic. Take stuff out the game and dont continue/ carry over past stuff.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
These are new games. Masuda said there would be a large amount of Pokémon in these games.
We literally have no idea how many of them will make it into these games just because the most we've had so far was 300+.

Stop making up numbers as if they were facts.

Holy fuck man the poster clearly says I'M EXPECTING which is the complete opposite of a fact.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Mega evolutions are the best addition the series ever had and should have become a new staple. Same with regional forms, which I'm sure will be gone as well, because it was a good idea which Gamefreak hate.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's completely idiotic removing them. So many Pokémon got a second life because of them. They're visually varied and mechanically interesting. But hey, here's big Pokémon with the same 18 moves + Guard instead for three turns. Like fuck this.

Like why did they bring Megas to Let's Go and introduce them to a bunch of new Switch Players only to remove them? You gave the damn Champion of Galar a Charizard and you cut two of its high potential skills right there.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't care. I never disliked them but I'm on the camp in which I prefer that each generation introduces a new special mechanic. So it's fine to me that they don't come back if they introduce a new one, which is what they've been doing.

Rotimi

Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
As I suspected, they have both been kinda incorporated into the dynamax phenomenon. Every move a pokemon in dynamic use is basically a z move only this time for 3 turns.

Gigatomax will be the incorporation of megas if the leaks are true

Sad for those who Love the mega designs, I have no love for them. Always felt half done to me when it's mostly popular pokemon that don't need it that have it.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Welp...shout out to the only gen 5 Mega, Mega Audino. I'll miss you.

Maybe we'll see Megas return in the DP remake...along with new ones.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like Z-moves or Megas and hardly used them in my casual online battles.
Still, flat out removing that stuff is kinda lame, especially Megas. I wanted them to flesh that out some more, introduce more of those for more gens and for the monsters that actually needed them instead of giving the popular monsters even stronger forms.
Why is it so hard for them to expand on any of that stuff? It feels like they introduce a new gimmick every gen that mostly involves gen1 and the new gen's monsters and just drop it completely the next gen. Just comes across as them being really desperate, trying to catch lightning in a bottle and dumping that shit immediately when it's not as popular as they want it to be.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't mind some of the mega's, but all these gimmicks every gen I don't like. Makes it start to feel a bit cheap like digimon.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
While I never was all that impressed with z moves and megas just removing them completely feels lame to me and it just goes to show that you should never like anything new gamefreak does because they literally never stick with it.

This giant Pokemon shit is the lamest thing ever but no worries it'll be removed next gen anyway.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
These versions just get worse and worse. They put Dynamaxing in which is the most boring, effortless and unimaginable gimmick ever, plus it looks ridiculous as fuck and removed the mega evolutions, which actually looked great.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never cared for them, but Dynoshit seems so much worse that I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic for them lol.