Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maximus
Maximus gets a lot of unfair flack in the community, despite being one of the most interesting characters. In his playthrough, he prioritises physical stats and pour a ton into STRENGTH, he just want to collect the best loot and is more of a gamey-gameplay fella. Going by his awkwardness, he also has low charisma and intelligence, a proper himbo lol. I place Maximus as lawfully neutral, as he follows certain codes but is willing to bend the rules if it serves him or to survive.

STR - HIGH
PER - medium
END - high
CHA - low
INT - low
AGI - medium
LUCK - medium

Gotta disagree with this. Maximus' luck stat is through the roof. Guy just bumbles around with anxiety bouncing between lucky escape to the next.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I didn't know much about the games at all, so this would definitely affect how I felt about the show. It did feel weird to make a show about a franchise that hasn't had a new game in years. But after watching it, it felt pretty great.

First off, it felt like no expense was spared when it comes to making the experience look as real as possible. The vault felt like a real society. The wastelands looked cool with all the different settings. The Brotherhood of Steel went all in to show off the armor and showed a level of restrain in the CGI that I wasn't expect. It all helped validate the immersion throughout the series.

Of course it would all be for nothing without the characters, and they may well be the strongest element of the series. Lucy is the morally strong yet naive newcomer who you can't help but be moved by her optimism, even if she goes through the ringer this season. Maximus is the soldier who feels shafted and should be one of the brothers on the field fighting all while realizing how out of depth he in certain areas (I get that he isn't liked, but not every protagonist is supposed to be. Aaron Moten played him just as he should have). The Ghoul arrives as a sort of anti-heroic bogeyman with a way of words but ends of with a more noble mission that first thought. And I'll just throw in Norm too because he ended up being much more compelling than previously thought. Plus he felt so ADHD coded it was crazy. Yet we also have plenty of fun side characters from the extra squire to Matthew Perry (my personal favorite is Betty. Everyone needs a woman who would mow down enemies with a machine gun for you).

As for the changes to the story of the games... I thought that on its own it felt pretty compelling. Corporations deciding on profiting off nuclear annihilation by destroying the competition felt pretty inspiring given the feelings of late-stage capitalism here. But I'm not sure if that's what the games are suggesting, so I understand why people may not have liked what they did to New California and New Vegas. Time will tell with the second season. I also wish we got more info on who Moldaver was working with. It would have at least closed a few gaps that felt missing.

Despite the flaws, I'm excited with that they do with the next season and what the characters are up to.

immy

Jul 3, 2022
User Banned (2 Weeks): Objectifying Commentary; Boys Club Behaviour
The main actress in this is so hot

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Motorcycle Dork How do the stats work? I went over to the official stats and all of them are higher than the 28 at the start. That's expected with The Ghoul, but not so much with Lucy or Max.

Jun 24, 2019
Gotta disagree with this. Maximus' luck stat is through the roof. Guy just bumbles around with anxiety bouncing between lucky escape to the next.
Only instance he got super lucky was when his friend intervene his execution, that said, I can't really imagine him being lucky in most situations early on in the game/show.

Motorcycle Dork How do the stats work? I went over to the official stats and all of them are higher than the 28 at the start. That's expected with The Ghoul, but not so much with Lucy or Max.
Those were my guesses of how their stats were distributed, before Besthesda released the official stats.

Lucy
Strength: 4
Perception: 7
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 5
Luck: 7

I was wrong about Lucy's luck stat being low, it's the highest. Her agility still sucks tho lol.

Maximus
Strength: 7
Perception: 6
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 7
Luck: 5

Maximus having low intelligence and charisma is spot on. Definitely a combat focus player.

The Ghoul
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 7
Luck: 4

I'm surprised the Ghoul has starting character stats, I'd figured him to be a higher level.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Only instance he got super lucky was when his friend intervene his execution, that said, I can't really imagine him being lucky in most situations early on in the game/show.

Those were my guesses of how their stats were distributed, before Besthesda released the official stats.

Lucy
Strength: 4
Perception: 7
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 5
Luck: 7

I was wrong about Lucy's luck stat being low, it's the highest. Her agility still sucks tho lol.

Maximus
Strength: 7
Luck: 5

Maximus having low intelligence and charisma is spot on. Definitely a combat focus player.

The Ghoul
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 7
Luck: 4

I'm surprised the Ghoul has starting character stats, I'd figured him to be a higher level.
That's the thing. I heard that characters have the chance to gain a point when they level up, so I thought the base level was at 1 and you have 28 points to fill up your stats.