oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
When is the beta live on pc? I don't see a date in the faq.

edit: same day as you ps4 oops. missed that. kinda sped by it when i saw ps4.

Oct 31, 2017
So what's the board consensus? Will this game ultimately be successful for Bethesda?
This game has "I'm going to bandwagon hate because of high 70s-mid 80s Metacritic scores without ever actually playing the game" written all over it. Like Fallout 4, it will get blasted upon release because of the bugs but I'd expect it to win people back or at least warm them up to it over time. Though some people are gone for good because of the multiplayer aspect. From all the videos I've watched, they've seemed to have put a stop to griefing before it ever really begins. We'll see.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Midnight UK time is the first time the BETA is open right? Until 4am I think. Going to play as many of these sessions as I can before Red Dead is out. Still very undecided on if I'm actually buying this game, the BETA will decide that for me.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm still a bit shocked about this ice cold false advertising.
It's getting advertised in Germany as Beta on October 23rd. Not as English copied marketing text, as translated date, for us & then actually not doing that on this day at all & having it starting on US time, which is, for me, already Oct. 24th is straight up false advertising and really unprofessional.

Even Nintendo has different timeslots for JP, US & EU whenever they do any kind of beta demo test & that's f'n "We're always years behind of everything" Nintendo we're talking about. They plan something like this completely through & stick to their promised and advertised dates but Bethesda, don't give a fuck.

I hope nobody in Europe took a day off from work because he believes he could play on October 23rd.

Tell me lies Todd, tell me sweet little lies.....

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
That letter was... well I suppose to be expected. I really wish they would just have a few betas and let this game cook for a few more months but I'm sure Bethesda needs a big fall seller. I'll be playing only because I got it bundled with my White Xbox One X, but here's hoping the thing isn't so buggy that it isn't fun.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
That letter was... well I suppose to be expected. I really wish they would just have a few betas and let this game cook for a few more months but I'm sure Bethesda needs a big fall seller. I'll be playing only because I got it bundled with my White Xbox One X, but here's hoping the thing isn't so buggy that it isn't fun.

Based on the Stress Test from last weekend, it'll definitely still be fun. I didn't run into many issues, mostly connection things, but I enjoyed my time exploring.

What, Beta is 4 hours only? lmao

There will be windows when the beta is available. It is the full game.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Anyone know what framerate this is running at on Xbox One X? As its an online game I guess they'll try to get the same FPS across consoles so I'm guessing 4K and 1080p will both be locked to 30fps?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I really hope it's at least every day for 4 hours and not 4 hours tonight and then 3 days later the next one, that would be an even bigger bummer. D:

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Wish we had a GT exchange. My aim is to do this with other people and get that experience. I hooked up with randos for the stress test and not only did no one talk, I wasted a lot of time just waiting for them when they went off on their own.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really torn on whether to participate in this or not. I'd hate to invest time into a build or equipment just to have it nerfed for release.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
That BETA start time is confusing... They are starting the beta at the end of the work day?

All of our soft launches and betas were done in the morning, so we didn't have to force people to work late to and could workout kinks during the day. I don't understand this.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Being in the UK the midnight to 4am means I will not be experiencing this beta window. Annoying, I await the feedback of the brits who can be arsed to stay up late on a schoolnight.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Anyone know what framerate this is running at on Xbox One X? As its an online game I guess they'll try to get the same FPS across consoles so I'm guessing 4K and 1080p will both be locked to 30fps?
The game will target 30 FPS on all consoles. FO4 was 30 FPS as well. The CPUs of the current gen consoles can't handle 60 FPS in such open world games.

Oct 27, 2017

Based only on the stress test, the game won't be anywhere close to a locked 30, even on the X. Hopefully the BETA and final release will be much better, but we'll see.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based only on the stress test, the game won't be anywhere close to a locked 30, even on the X. Hopefully the BETA and final release will be much better, but we'll see.
I just need a more steady frame rate for the beta than the stress test. I'm not any kind of graphics or frame rate elitist but damn it was distracting to the point of not wanting to play. Still fingers crossed it gets improved throughout the beta and is in a good enough place at launch

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Can someone create a countdown?
06oop9szly

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...&year=2018&month=10&day=24&hour=0&min=0&sec=0

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Is that only for America? Or is that everwhere? Thanks.

Thanks. Is that for the UK too?
They're not doing region specific tests, just times that it opens for the entire world. The first test is at 7pm ET to 11pm ET - which is 12am to 4am UK time. They said they'll be doing other tests at other times so other timezones will be able to jump in more easily (aka not in the middle of the night).

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Thanks for that. Put it in the OT.
No problem :)

I wasn't actually going to play the Beta but earlier today I decided, screw it, I'm going in! My sleep pattern is practically on eastern US time so even though I'm in the UK 12-4am works great for me. Then once RDR2 comes out I'll use that game to reset my sleep pattern back to UK time.

I just tweeted about what I am/aren't excited about F76, somethings people who played the stress test may be able to enlighten me on,
I'm excited to the 'nice' player interactions, the random teams forming to overcome threats - does this happen?
I hate PVP but will deal with it, did people seem more dickish or nice in nature overall? I'm hoping we'll meet nicer people who emote and share gifts.
How hard is it for someone to gain access to the keys to drop a nuke? That is one of the most terrifying prospects in a game to me, a player having control over a nuke which can wipe out a fairly large radius on the map.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm looking forward to this being something I can play with my brother and sister. We had fun with Ark and Conan Exile. Hopefully the survival and building will be similar to those.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
If you pre-ordered Fallout 76 via participating physical or digital retailers, such as Amazon or GameStop, you will receive a code on or with your physical or digital receipt. PC players can simply redeem this code on the Bethesda Launcher to gain access to the B.E.T.A. once it's available. However, if you play on console this code is not your actual B.E.T.A. code. To receive your B.E.T.A. code, please follow these steps:

1. Create a free Bethesda.net account. If you already have an account, proceed to step two.
  2. Log into your account and redeem the code that came with your receipt to entitle your Bethesda.net account to the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A.
  3. Your B.E.T.A. code will be made available on this account page once the B.E.T.A. is live on your respective platform (October 23 for Xbox One, October 30 for PS4)
  4. Redeem your B.E.T.A. code on your console to participate

Feb 10, 2018
I got an email from amazon 4 days a go with a beta code.
When I go to bethesda.net to redeem the code
It says
"Code can not be redeemed because you already own the product"
Wtf.

Edit:
Ok it just randomly appeared in my transaction history,
Bethesda failed to mention there website is glitchy as fuck too.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Being in the UK the midnight to 4am means I will not be experiencing this beta window. Annoying, I await the feedback of the brits who can be arsed to stay up late on a schoolnight.
Well Im from the UK and staying up until the 4am finish and then getting up at 6am for work.
My mistyped feedback will be given but seeing as I thought the stress test was good Im not worried.