• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry I'm confused by what I've read so far; I own and played Fall Guys on PS4 before this free update. I deleted it now and downloaded the PS5 version. Is there anything I need to do or do I just open it and sign in and play?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
no one watching the twitch tourny? its super fun and intense :D

Last match coming up tho

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Downloaded the game, my keybinds seem fucked with a PS5 controller?

yASTwWE.png

None of those keybinds are correct, for example, X and O are actually L1 and L2, right D-PAD is actually the start button, etc, wtf even is this, any way to fix it?

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Downloaded the game, my keybinds seem fucked with a PS5 controller?

yASTwWE.png

None of those keybinds are correct, for example, X and O are actually L1 and L2, right D-PAD is actually the start button, etc, wtf even is this, any way to fix it?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is just the way it is.. sadly. I deal with the same thing, and just end up using my mouse for everything outside of the gameplay

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017
09eb5eca-37dd-4d79-au3kti.jpeg

Cool that people are having fun. I still have the same fucking error since launch and support has also not come back to me since launch.
I had this problem, it's because you merged Fortnite accounts together way back in the day, and your PlayStation account is still pointing to your old Epic Games login (specifically, I merged my PlayStation progress into my Xbox account). Log into the Epic Games account management screen on the web and try to unlink and relink your PlayStation account. If it won't let you (it didn't let me), contact Epic Games support and tell them that you need your Epic Games and PlayStation accounts unlinked. Once support takes care of that, you can then relink them and everything should work. This process did not have any effect on my Fortnite or Rocket League process, despite all the scary warnings on the Epic Games account management screen when I went through it.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
man the price for new costumes is fucking insane. plus the damn item shop has been stuck on the same items you can buy with kudos since the new update launched. they are really making it a drag with the new pricing. getting shards has basically become meaningless and thus lowers incentives to even play the game anymore.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I still really wished they'd tone down the effect bumping into another player has or just get some better level design to spread players out more. The new races for example are a chore to play because the start is just the entire lobby mindlessly smashing into each other.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
I still really wished they'd tone down the effect bumping into another player has or just get some better level design to spread players out more. The new races for example are a chore to play because the start is just the entire lobby mindlessly smashing into each other.
yeah i don't like that new stage with the speed boost for that reason. i can't ever run along the course because i'll be bumped off and have to take the worse route. feels like the body blocking is really bad lately.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's rare that I actually get angry at a glitch in this game but this did it.

I started a Duos Show and my partner left at the start. However, I still qualified from the next four rounds on my own by coming in first.

After the fourth round, it simply brought me back to the title screen. No rewards screen. No progress on the 'qualify from any around in Duos Show' challenge.

Seriously?

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
after not having played in like a year, i like the removal of team games and all the new courses...
but i really dislike what they've done with the in game economy. getting a crown used to feel like it had a lot of value, and if you were good you could reasonably unlock things you wanted most. I get its f2p now and comes with the territory, but i don't like it. crowns being on their own battle pass thing feels sucky.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
after not having played in like a year, i like the removal of team games and all the new courses...
but i really dislike what they've done with the in game economy. getting a crown used to feel like it had a lot of value, and if you were good you could reasonably unlock things you wanted most. I get its f2p now and comes with the territory, but i don't like it. crowns being on their own battle pass thing feels sucky.
Crowns having their own battle pass has been around since season 3, but that was in addition to them being a currency. They've all been converted into kudos but there's really no point when practically nothing costs kudos and the few items that do cost a paltry amount for people who got millions from the crown conversion. Meanwhile F2P players are entirely on the other side of the scale, there's practically no source of kudos now so they can't afford anything.

What also sucks is that Mediatonic would constantly tell us that any additional crown ranks would be added inbetween the existing ones to give players more frequent rewards - F2P came with 4 additional ranks and where are they? All the way at the end.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Crowns having their own battle pass has been around since season 3, but that was in addition to them being a currency. They've all been converted into kudos but there's really no point when practically nothing costs kudos and the few items that do cost a paltry amount for people who got millions from the crown conversion. Meanwhile F2P players are entirely on the other side of the scale, there's practically no source of kudos now so they can't afford anything.

What also sucks is that Mediatonic would constantly tell us that any additional crown ranks would be added inbetween the existing ones to give players more frequent rewards - F2P came with 4 additional ranks and where are they? All the way at the end.
Wow that sucks, hopefully from feedback they'll adjust things a bit.

the Game is fun, but like the thing that kept me coming back for a while was the feedback loop of earning what felt like 'premium skins/currency' by playing well. Felt like a real reward for being #1

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

yeah i don't like that new stage with the speed boost for that reason. i can't ever run along the course because i'll be bumped off and have to take the worse route. feels like the body blocking is really bad lately.

this feels like complaining about something that's entirely by design, it is fun to be part of this big jostling crowd in the first round or two, it's an experience you just won't get from any other game. Like I don't think this is a case of "bad level design", you're supposed to get bumped and deal with it. You may as well complain about games like Door Dash, the early games are intentionally not balanced for pure skill.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Whenever you wake the Switch version from sleep after a day has passed you have to completely shut it down and relaunch it to get it download that day's content pass. So annoying.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
this feels like complaining about something that's entirely by design, it is fun to be part of this big jostling crowd in the first round or two, it's an experience you just won't get from any other game. Like I don't think this is a case of "bad level design", you're supposed to get bumped and deal with it. You may as well complain about games like Door Dash, the early games are intentionally not balanced for pure skill.

If you played since launch, you'd know it is indeed broken. Being able to be pushed like you are weightless by other beans is not intended game design. The game is just not in a good state bugs and physics wise.

Devs were even willing to compromise their entire game philosophy to try and stop players from dropping the game instead of fix it. From day 1 tons of people complained "these team games suck. I don't want to lose because of bad team mates. Get rid of them". The dev response was basically "no, Fall Guys is Poker not Chess". Basically an element of luck is build into the fabric of the game.

Well, In one of the last updates before the F2P launch the game got worse bugs and physics wise and the game was never really in a good spot for either of those in the first place and player retention was really becoming a problem. They had to drop the player counts to 40 and you were getting the exact same players multiple games in a row. Then the devs announced "Hey everyone we removed team games like you asked for" because that was easier then actually fixing the game hoping that people would tolerate the bad physics more if they didn't have to deal with team games and bad physics.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Once you're out of challenges, losing on the first round is faster to get fame than trying to compete the entire show.

jmp0ke0bno791.png

But if you get Gold in each event, you get 2 more Fame per round!

sb2r0ezfto791.jpg

Then the devs announced "Hey everyone we removed team games like you asked for" because that was easier then actually fixing the game hoping that people would tolerate the bad physics more if they didn't have to deal with team games and bad physics.

Imagine reducing Team Game Frequency...but also wanted you to grab 1,000 Players during Team Games in 70 days for a Challenge lol.

Also on Reddit:

The problem with this challenge is that team games only show up in 4 player squads, and only as the third or fourth round and only when all squads are full (i.e. no one has dropped.) It's like threading a needle. Getting 1000 grabs on rounds that occur like an eclipse is patently absurd.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Have they fucked this up or has it always been like this?

Working as designed.

We wanted to ensure better balance with the pacing of the completion of the Season Pass - there's no real benefit to everyone absolutely hooning their way through the Season Pass and maxing it out within a few days. And, with Kudos not being earned anymore through playing matches, there isn't a reward just for playing once you have completed the Season Pass so it does make sense to pace it a bit better and keep giving you a goal to work towards over the course of the season."

Can't be going too fast through the pass, now.

And can't be giving you too much free coins!

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Working as designed.

Can't be going too fast through the pass, now.

And can't be giving you too much free coins!

Jesus christ the new store system is worse than i thought and I already hated it. I get that they need to make money but this is just ridiculous. It'd be better if they just charged actual monetary value to buy certain costumes like they do with cars in rocket league and forget the coin bullshit.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Jesus christ the new store system is worse than i thought and I already hated it. I get that they need to make money but this is just ridiculous. It'd be better if they just charged actual monetary value to buy certain costumes like they do with cars in rocket league and forget the coin bullshit.
Doing the free Famepath for a previous season like the last one would give almost 30 crowns which was the equivalent of 3 sets of premium skins. The new paid for season pass gets you around 1200-1500 showbucks and that's only enough to buy maybe one cosmetic set like the "discounted" football one which is 1200 showbucks.

Winning a game back then would usually net you around 1000 Kudos. Now you get scraps of 100-200 through only challenges and the famepath. You get nothing for just playing.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to playing and was surprised at how poor the game is overall.

Like, it's fun in an empty calories kind of way but really surprised that the move set doesn't really allow for high level play. That's not to say players can't get better at the game but I was expecting the character moveset to be more similar to something like gangbeats when it's actually rather simplistic.

I'll play some more with my girlfriend and perhaps my opinion will change but it's just not doing it for me the way I thought it would.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Doing the free Famepath for a previous season like the last one would give almost 30 crowns which was the equivalent of 3 sets of premium skins. The new paid for season pass gets you around 1200-1500 showbucks and that's only enough to buy maybe one cosmetic set like the "discounted" football one which is 1200 showbucks.

Or...950 for the Season Pass...and 250-500 to spend in the store.

Also...you know full well why the price is 950 and the lowest amount you can but is 1,000...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Did a quick Google and it seems like it's to do with some kind of conflict when linking a PSN account to an Epic account. There were a few people who said they could get it fixed by contacting Epic support on live chat rather than Mediatonic support, so that might be worth a shot - https://www.reddit.com/r/FallGuysGame/comments/ur56tw/account_disabled/.

I contacted Epic Support and so far no solution. I unlinked my PSN account. Also didn't do anything. *sigh*

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I feel like unless the amount of "xp" you need later on in the season is ridiculous, this may be a better system for me. The old system promoted playing the game for as long as possible but this one wants you to play a few games a day which is what I prefer. Perfect for a podcast. Although the downside is of course not being able to catch up at a certain point without paying for that premium currency which will suck.

I think the system is fair but I may be biased considering I already have a few costumes I like to swap between so I'm not really interested in anything else other that that Mechagod.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
I feel like unless the amount of "xp" you need later on in the season is ridiculous, this may be a better system for me. The old system promoted playing the game for as long as possible but this one wants you to play a few games a day which is what I prefer. Perfect for a podcast. Although the downside is of course not being able to catch up at a certain point without paying for that premium currency which will suck.

I think the system is fair but I may be biased considering I already have a few costumes I like to swap between so I'm not really interested in anything else other that that Mechagod.
I think part of the problem is the lack of choice. The numbers seem perfectly reasonable for someone who's going to play regularly, at least a couple of days every week. But you should have the choice to just decide in week 6 that you want to play for 3 days in a row for 7 hours a day and make decent progress (probably get it all the way!).

The whole system is a just a worse copy of Fortnite's (which makes sense to copy because Epic). In Fortnite if you decide to start playing in week 6 then you can do week 1's weekly quests, then when you've done them do week 2 and so on. You can't miss the major xp earning methods. The long-term goals (marathon in Fall Guys, milestone in Fortnite) are also better in Fortnite for battle pass progress. In there there are a lot more of them, they're split into manageable smaller goals (instead of jump 30,000 times it's jump 1000 times but you get that goal 30 times in a row), you get battle pass XP for them, and there's bonus XP when you complete so many. And finally Fortnite's got other methods to get XP too, like a second set of weekly quests that give story info, and again you can go back and do older ones if you miss them.

Like yeah, it's better now if you want to play an hour a day. But it's worse if you want to play 8 hours occasionally. You should have the choice between the two, but they want to encourage people to log on everyday so they're more likely to see something they want in the shop and spend real money.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not having fun with the game now. Was fun for the first day or two but now the difficulty of my opposition has increased massively.

Games aren't even decided on mistakes anymore, I've lost a few times simply because I've started on the back row. I've raced flawlessly and still managed to not make qualifying.

I kinda liked the randomness of it all at first, the chaos. I got lucky once and managed to get a win, but it's been downhill from there. I'm cursed to first round failures.

I'm glad I didn't buy the battlepass.

Oct 27, 2017
fall guys is one of those rare games that i can play on series x one moment and then the switch the next, even though the switch is 30 fps and has choppy animation. the tech stuff doesn't bother me on the switch at all.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this game is amazing.

Played it at launch on PS4 and I'm now playing on Series X. Such a fun game.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Not having fun with the game now. Was fun for the first day or two but now the difficulty of my opposition has increased massively.

Games aren't even decided on mistakes anymore, I've lost a few times simply because I've started on the back row. I've raced flawlessly and still managed to not make qualifying.

I kinda liked the randomness of it all at first, the chaos. I got lucky once and managed to get a win, but it's been downhill from there. I'm cursed to first round failures.

The skill level of players is not at a point where starting in the back row dooms you. Not even close. The new races with the speed circles are easy to not qualify if you don't manage to be at full speed almost the entire race, but other then that, there's plenty of room for error.

Just take some time and learn the best strats for each stage.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
So what did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

I had it on PS4/5, had some outfits and whatnot…opened it on my Series X today and it linked to my Epic account automatically (first time opening the new version). Then I opened the "old" one on my PS5 and it basically said "hey this is old, download the new one," so I downloaded the ps5 version and then it synced with my epic account and said the game would make the first place I opened it my primary (series x)…all of my content from the old version is gone…

Anyway to fix this?

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
If anyone can answer, I have a question:

I kinda want to return to the game but haven't played it since S2 on the PS4, so long before it was mandatory to link to an Epic account and the new launcher. So my question is, if I download the new version on the PS4 now will I still have access to my progress from before? Because otherwise, I might just play on the Epic Games Launcher instead.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
If anyone can answer, I have a question:

I kinda want to return to the game but haven't played it since S2 on the PS4, so long before it was mandatory to link to an Epic account and the new launcher. So my question is, if I download the new version on the PS4 now will I still have access to my progress from before? Because otherwise, I might just play on the Epic Games Launcher instead.

Launch the game on PS4 and make sure you link your PSN ID and Epic Games account - that should link and anything you had should be available.