• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
"Mmm… Putting aside the odds of it happening, I must admit I have a lot of affection for F-Zero GX. If the opportunity were to present itself, I wouldn't mind. And in that case, I'd like to make it a challenging game. I believe that if Nintendo just wants a racing game that is 'fun and accessible', they already have Mario Kart for that purpose."
Source and Interview where it's from

Personally, I think a new F-ZERO game for the Switch makes more sense than Mario Kart 9. It could be a tech showcase for the hypothetical Switch Pro, who knows.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
C'MOOOOOOON JUST DO IT NINTY PLEASE
Ninty:
giphy.gif

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think people who want F-Zero would at minimum would appreciate a F-Zero GX remaster with some online play added even if they don't want to make a brand new game. Visually it kind of holds up because you don't really get to stare at textures because of how fast the game moves.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I would rather Toshihiro Nagoshi work on a nextgen / currentgen Daytona first, then see if Nintendo wants an F-ZERO for Switch 2 launch.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many factors working against F-Zero, I can't see it ever happening again.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
If it F-Zero happens I don't think it'll be super challenging, that just isn't accessible enough to reach an audience

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I wish, but gave up hope long ago for a new GX style F-Zero (or a new F-Zero period).

At this point I have no expectations and I'll just be pleasantly surprised (shocked) if and when it happens.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like there's been a dozen futuristic racer indie games that all compare themselves to F-Zero GX but end up being Wipeout. I think we just need the genuine article. Do it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
the moment when you realize Black Shadow never even had a chance as a Falcon echo in smash is sad ;_;

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Personally, I think a new F-ZERO game for the Switch makes more sense than Mario Kart 9.
I think F-Zero and Mario Kart would compliment one another quite well myself, but the franchise sales difference is comically one-sided here and there is just no way Nintendo would take a random risk to make a small fanbase happy, especially when Mario Kart in itself is probably the most successful wholly owned Nintendo franchise in history.

I think people who want F-Zero would at minimum would appreciate a F-Zero GX remaster with some online play added even if they don't want to make a brand new game. Visually it kind of holds up because you don't really get to stare at textures because of how fast the game moves.
Analog triggers are absolutely vital to the game, so unless a future Nintendo platform has them then we will never get proper ports. Shame too because as you said, GX holds up quite well.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I want that pretty bad. I'd buy it instantly. It's not impossible, but it's been a rough decade (working on decades) for f-zero fans lol.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
The Nintendo executive argument that the series isn't worth revisiting without a new gameplay design is bullshit. F-Zero GX while fast paced and gorgeous is stuck in a time when visual fidelity and physics were just coming out of their shell. An F-Zero with today's modern hardware would in some ways completely reshape the franchise in what they could accomplish.

the series has more issues related to its general cannon and overworld than anything else which simply just isn't all that interesting.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I hope Nintendo revisits F-Zero again at some point. Not to mention it would be an insane Nintendo World attaction to blister to Mute City in a roller coaster.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Just get the Yakuza team to make the oft-rumoured/wished for Captain Falcon brawler. Yakuza X F-Zero with added race segments makes so much sense.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
This dude gets it and a lot can be done just with additional modes and online.

Sadly miyamoto is the opposite and on record saying fzero needs a new gimmick and easier to get the green light.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Don't give me hope...

I'd gladly take an HD remaster of GX with online play.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Please, please, please, Nintendo! I'll take a remaster w/ online for crying out loud!

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
I feel like people forgot that Nintendo Land had an F-Zero mini game. With that and the Mario Kart tracks, there are probably employees within Nintendo that are still interested in the series.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With the Switch being such a mega success for Nintendo, F-Zero might actually stand a chance.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Nintendo executive argument that the series isn't worth revisiting without a new gameplay design is bullshit. F-Zero GX while fast paced and gorgeous is stuck in a time when visual fidelity and physics were just coming out of their shell. An F-Zero with today's modern hardware would in some ways completely reshape the franchise in what they could accomplish.

the series has more issues related to its general cannon and overworld than anything else which simply just isn't all that interesting.

None of that matters because you're missing the forest for the trees. Nobody bought f zero GX. The series, on keeping iterating on the same idea without a new hook had rapidly decreasing sales to the point where despite being a cult classic, GX couldn't even sell a million copies.

The sci-fi futuristic racing genre has hardly taken off in the interim either.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be pretty cool if Nintendo finally made a game about the smash guy

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
Even if by some miracle Nintendo were interested I doubt SEGA would want to work on an exclusive Nintendo series again. What would they gain from it?

Last edited:

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Nintendo: "Why do people want another F-Zero? We already made games and can't imagine doing another game in the same franchise that just makes great new content and enjoyable gameplay. Also here's another Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros"

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nintendo: "Why do people want another F-Zero? We already made games and can't imagine doing another game in the same franchise that just makes great new content and enjoyable gameplay. Also here's another Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros"

In fairness, they haven't made a new instalment in the New Super Mario Bros series in quite some time, as that boat set sailed.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If F zero sold like Mario kart and New super Mario Bros instead of like codename steam, it would have gotten more games.

But mario kart 8 on the damned Wii U of all things quite possibly outsold the entire f zero series lifetime sales.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017