Jun 23, 2019
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is the most likely "big" launch window game IMO, and I wouldn't even be surprised if it makes launch, honestly.

Besides that I'd expect to see...

- A Ubisoft game or two (probably Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six or Assassin's Creed)
- Crash Bandicoot Four-Real This Time (you can use that, Activision)
- Street Fighter VI
- Batman: Beyond Arkham (I want a Batman Beyond-style thing, we'll get something more safe and boring)
- Confirmation that some games announced last E3 are actually PS5-bound (Tales of Arise etc.)

What I'd love to see, and within the bounds of possibility...

- Final Fantasy XVI
- Project Re: Fantasy
- Full Backwards Compatibility Reveal (even if this is a thing I'd expect it to be a press release thing at best)

What I'd love to see that'll never show...

- Persona 6
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 confirmation
- Judgment 2
- PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale Melee
As much as I would love to see PSASBR2, I think they would either have to just go the Power Stone route, turn it into a full fighting game, or just turn it into a copy of Smash Bros.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
100% Backward compatibility with ps4 software from day one. I want to migrate from ps4 to ps5 instantly. I sont want to lose my purchases each cycle.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty straightforward expectations:
- Hardware specs and tech shit
- Enhancements to PlayStation services
- 3-5 big first party games
- Third party support showcase
- Confirm a return to E3

The real fun is guessing what games could be there. Bluepoint and Horizon 2 feel close to sure things. Other contenders I'd guess are Studio Japan, Insomniac, Polyphony and Arrowhead.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think expecting to see a new Spider-Man, God of War and Horizon at a console reveal is expecting a bit much imo.

I think we'll see a new IP (a shooter with mp) along with Horizon 2.

Spider-Man 2 will be at E3. I don't expect to see GoW 2 until E3 2021.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
PLEASE

mWsnRID.png

JUST GIVE ME ROCKSTEADY
i know they ain't gonna show i KNOW, but a man can dream can't he?
You'll get WB Montreal, and you'll like it.
just kidding, you won't even get that, maybe next game awards!

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I expect A LOT of disappointed Era users, hoping for PS5 to be >10 TF.

Other than that, I think people will be quite happy.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Horizon Zero Dawn 2.

Big time jump from the first game.

Societal advancement has dulled the first games' questionable appropriation of Native cultures.

Aloy now an older woman, raising her own kids.

Aloy is now played by a mo-capped Laura Dern.

I have no idea why this idea entered my head, but I need to get it out of my head.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Online play no longer requires PS+

Let me dream

xem

Oct 31, 2017
- Enhanced Back compat. show off some old games running WITHOUT patches taking advantage of the new hardware
-actual specs, processor speed, TF numbers etc
-2 models. $399 8-9TF and $599 beast mode console

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think they'll save the big games for e3. Expecting to see bluepoint, Japan studio, maybe a horizon tease. Lots of third party and smaller games.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Depends if they have stuff left over for E3

How much of what they showed at the PS4 February meeting was recycled into the June E3 presentation?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I posted this in the 2020 prediction thread:
  1. Rocksteady is going to have a launch-window next-gen title that has nothing to do with Batman
  2. PS5 is going to have 2 launch variants: Standard and VR. Standard - $399, VR - $449 Both will have 1TB storage.
  3. PSVR 2 announcement. Hand Tracking, Eye Tracking, Wireless. Compatible with Move and existing PSVR library
  4. Killzone VR for PSVR 2 on PS5, launch title
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn sequel announcement, release in 2021 for PS5
  6. Ready at Dawn is going to reveal a teaser for their next project.
  7. New Assassin's Creed as a launch title for next-gen. Q3/Q4 2020. Cross gen title, will also be on current gen.
  8. Polyphony Digital is going to announce Gran Turismo 7 as a launch window title for PS5.
  9. Last of Us 2 is going to be a cross-gen title for both PS4 and PS5.
  10. New Resistance game as a launch title for PS5

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I would like them to announce a PS Now upgrade with 1080p base and 4k premium or something along those lines.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
The announcement of a PlayStation Meeting happening in February has long been rumoured, and with January beginning tomorrow it could literally be any week now that we see confirmation of the event.

With that in mind, what do you expect to see there? When it happened 7 years ago (I know, 7 YEARS), Sony spoke about technical specs, debuted the DualShock 4 and showed us some tech demos (I still wish Quantic Dream's The Dark Sorcerer was a thing); a notable omission was that of the actual console itself.

Personally, I'm expecting a similarly-structured event, but this time we'll see the console and I think we'll even get confirmations of upcoming PlayStation 5 exclusives Marvel's Spider-Man 2, God of War 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn 2, with the latter being shown in the most detail.

What do you guys think we can expect to see?

It's been 7 years!! Lordy. What a great generation this has been

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My expectation is that they will actually show the machine this time, but maddeningly won't release a full spec sheet.
Other expectations:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2 teased
  • New Capcom game (new IP?)
  • Assassins Creed reveal
  • DS5 reveal (with paddles! Yay!)
  • No price reveal, but release window of holiday 2020 given
  • Another new Japanese game revealed (3rd party)
  • Talk about VR compatibility
  • Announcement of Sony returning to E3 "we'll show off more later this year"

Aug 26, 2019
Spider-Man 2 would be dope but I don't expect it until E3. If Imran's speculation is correct and it is releasing Holiday 2021, then an announcement 1.5 years out seems reasonable. It could also be a PSX 2020 announcement.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I still think one's not gonna happen.

Feel like either CES or they just wait till E3.

Doesn't make sense to have one in this current climate where shit spreads like wildfire via social media and various other outlets.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I expect REALISTICALLY:

meaty Horizon Zero Dawn 2 trailer
FF 16 "in engine" trailer
Spiderman 2 teaser
Rocksteady announcement

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The new Crash game (Crash 4, Ocho, what have you) will be announced and'll be a launch title with one-year exclusivity, with ports following a year later.
Probably with some exclusive content going back and forth with CTR if you own both games, to sweeten the deal.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne in 4K 60 fps HDR at launch.
GT7 raytracing trailer
Horizon Zero Dawn in engine "locales" trailer
New Ratchet game trailer

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Full hardware specs.

Backwards compatibility info - Some games will have enhanced patches to take advantage of the more powerful hardware (4k / 60fps, maybe even Ray Tracing)

Astrobot 2 announced and a PSVR 2 tease.

Blue Point's game announced - Demon's Souls Remake ?

Horizon 2 tease.

PS+ / PS Now combined subscription announced.

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Mark Cerny announcing Knack 3 to the cheers of many.

Immediately after Bloodborne II is announced via a short teaser. ResetEra's servers go offline.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Demon's Souls remake and Ape Escape 4 are the main first-party launch titles alongside cross-gen third party games and some indie stuff

Horizon 2 vertical slice demo, launch year title

Enhancements for PS4 first-party titles like Spider-Man, GOW, TLoU 2 shown off (raytracing, fast loading times, etc.), will be available launch day

PSVR 2 announced to release within the PS5 launch year, Astro Bot 2 revealed with gameplay

New Crash Bandicoot game revealed (cross-gen, multiplatform)

Assassins' Creed Vikings shown off

Square Enix reveals tech demo for Luminous Productions' next-gen new IP

Show ends with tease for the return of Uncharted, developed by Sony San Diego

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is a playstation meeting like PSX or just a really big State of Play

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Demon's Souls remake and Ape Escape 4 are the main first-party launch titles alongside cross-gen third party games and some indie stuff

Horizon 2 vertical slice demo, launch year title

Enhancements for PS4 first-party titles like Spider-Man, GOW, TLoU 2 shown off (raytracing, fast loading times, etc.), will be available launch day

PSVR 2 announced to release within the PS5 launch year, Astro Bot 2 revealed with gameplay

New Crash Bandicoot game revealed (cross-gen, multiplatform)

Assassins' Creed Vikings shown off

Square Enix reveals tech demo for Luminous Productions' next-gen new IP

Show ends with tease for the return of Uncharted, developed by Sony San Diego
While I don't think this is that far off, I believe they save that Uncharted announcement for another time. Otherwise, yeah seems like pretty solid guess.