jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
having a hard time looking away from Brie Larson in that first picture

sweaty-sweat.gif

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
The bit about Brie and Teyonah deferring to Iman whenever they're unsure about something was funny. Both of them couldn't remember when the three of them first met but Iman immediately remembers that it was at the 2021 premiere of Black Widow.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The bit about Brie and Teyonah deferring to Iman whenever they're unsure about something was funny. Both of them couldn't remember when the three of them first met but Iman immediately remembers that it was at the 2021 premiere of Black Widow.

I mean for them it was Tuesday. For Iman it probably was the best day of her life

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Iman and Hiddleston are obssesed with lore stuff

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I don't feel my lack of response indicates anything. Based on this two-page thread alone, it seems to be the same 6-7 people all responding to each other. I don't see this having as wide of an appeal compared to something like Infinity War or End Game. And releasing after the smash hits Thor and Ant-Man won't do it any favors.

Bob Iger just said that superhero fatigue is real, but only time will tell.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Iman is the best casting decision they've made since Holland for Spider-man; they happened to find the closest real life version to Kamala they could and she's running with it

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel my lack of response indicates anything. Based on this two-page thread alone, it seems to be the same 6-7 people all responding to each other. I don't see this having as wide of an appeal compared to something like Infinity War or End Game. And releasing after the smash hits Thor and Ant-Man won't do it any favors.

Bob Iger just said that superhero fatigue is real, but only time will tell.
It looks fun unlike most of the of other recent movies which are overly serious and kind of depressing

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very hyped to see Kamala hit the big screen, you already know she's gonna be the MVP

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The trailers have been fire so hopefully the movie is good

GotG 3 was fantastic so it'd be great to keep the good vibes going.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Why does Brie Larson look nothing like herself in the first picture? Is anyone else seeing that? She looks like her stunt double.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't see this having as wide of an appeal compared to something like Infinity War or End Game.

Literally not a single person on the planet thinks that The Marvels will have as wide of an appeal as Endgame, the second biggest movie of all time.

And that is a very different take than claiming the movie is going to do poorly at the box office, which is what you originally said.

And releasing after the smash hits Thor and Ant-Man won't do it any favors.

Weird that you're ignoring Guardians 3, which came out after Ant-Man and was a huge success.

Also, Thor did very well at the box office. It was followed by Wakanda Forever, which also did very well at the box office.

Bob Iger just said that superhero fatigue is real

No, he didn't.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Literally not a single person on the planet thinks that The Marvels will have as wide of an appeal as Endgame, the second biggest movie of all time.

And that is a very different take than claiming the movie is going to do poorly at the box office, which is what you originally said.

Weird that you're ignoring Guardians 3, which came out after Ant-Man and was a huge success.

Also, Thor did very well at the box office. It was followed by Wakanda Forever, which also did very well at the box office.

No, he didn't.
I'm clearly not the biggest Marvel fan. Sorry if I upset you for having a different opinion about a superhero movie.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's sad that I already knew how this thread was going before I even came in

But anyway, I'm excited for this, Kamala being here will already make it better than the first film

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
I watched Wakanda Forever, didnt have any urge to watch Ant-man and Thor and was a little lazy to watch Guardians.

But this one?? This one I will have to watch in theaters because I like Brie and Iman.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I don't see how you can watch that last trailer and not think this looks like a fun time. I didn't even watch the Ms. Marvel show and I'm excited for The Marvels.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the opening weekend is going to be hurt by the trend of iffy MCU sequels, but if it's good enough on its own right it should have good legs. Just depends on how strong its competition is.

If it's divisive, though, it's gonna have a rough time; Quantumania is the floor but I think you could get up there in the $700-$800 million range with some luck. Either way, I'm hoping they're not expecting another billion dollar film because I don't think it's getting anywhere close to that. Do we know what the budget is projected to be?

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
yeah it's been tripping me out, too. idk if it's the angle or the makeup but that picture is somehow not flagging my "i recognize this person" synapse at all
It's gotta be the angle somehow. Her face just looks so much...thinner?

It's weird because a few photos down there's another picture of her at a similar angle on Kamala's porch and that looks fine, lol.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the weirdness in the first photo at all. It just 100% looks like Brie to me. Maybe my eyes aren't what they once were, but I don't see the disparity.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Have their ever been any good EW covers/photoshoot images? Like, ever?

I'd say people had short memories of other EW posters, but after seeing the folk who went off on the pen promo of all things I've reframed my thinking on some of people posting here.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This will be the first Marvel film I go back to the theatre for.

Can't wait to see Spectrum in action, finally.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I can't wait for this movie. Kamala's reaction to meeting to Carol is gonna be hilarious/amazing.