TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it for sure. SF6 was great last year — I expect more of the same plus T8 will be hype AF. I'm looking forward to see Granblue as well.

As for the retro game I'd love to see VF, KI, or 3S.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
imo it'll depend on what happens at Capcom Cup X

especially if Capcom keeps the winning payouts high for the upcoming season

I honestly don't think Evo 2023 was that high because of the CapCup payout. Only a few hundred players are really competing for cash at any tournament. SF6 pulled in thousands and thousands and thousands of casual ass casuals.

SF6 is not going to get a million dollars for the Cap Cup winner next year, but it will likely have a payout that's higher than any other pro tour.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
I honestly don't think Evo 2023 was that high because of the CapCup payout. Only a few hundred players are really competing for cash at any tournament. SF6 pulled in thousands and thousands and thousands of casual ass casuals.
technically i think lots of people signed up cuz of of the CapCup payout

the CapCup payout was one of the things that caused Evo to raise their payouts, which certainly drew in a lot more signups

you can say that not many people look to go for the money, but the money brings in a lot of more causal players to give it a go

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
technically i think lots of people signed up cuz of of the CapCup payout

the CapCup payout was one of the things that caused Evo to raise their payouts, which certainly drew in a lot more signups

you can say that not many people look to go for the money, but the money brings in a lot of more causal players to give it a go

5,000 showed up for SFV in 2016 and wasn't no millions on the line. People just like playing SF at Evo.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
2016 had the $500k for SFV. SF is popular, but the giant prize pool the first year doesn't hurt.
i mean, that was the first year for SFV at evo and the $500k pot iirc, thats not nothing

SFV was first or 2nd in entrants at Evo its entire run. DBFZ, Smash Ultimate and Strive took first in their debut years, but SFV was steady at Evo. If Tekken 8 gets more entrants than SF6 (which is very possible) it'll be the first time Tekken has gotten more entrants than SF at Evo in at least 15 years.

Street Fighter always does well at Evo.

Fat4all

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
SFV was first or 2nd in entrants at Evo its entire run. DBFZ, Smash Ultimate and Strive took first in their debut years, but SFV was steady at Evo. If Tekken 8 gets more entrants than SF6 (which is very possible) it'll be the first time Tekken has gotten more entrants than SF at Evo in at least 15 years.

Street Fighter always does well at Evo.
i dont know why you're acting like money isnt also a draw

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
My predictions

Sunday Main stage:

Tekken 8
Street Fighter 6
Guilty Gear Strive
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising

Saturday:

UNIST
MK1
DBFZ
MvC2 or CvS2 for the Saturday night hype

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
KoF will be there just for the sole fact that EVO probably wants to be the exclusive place to debut another Garou 2 trailer.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be at the Mandalay again or they'd run into the same issue as last year with day 3 selling out and fucking over a lot of people. That's why the venue change announcement is big.
Oh yeah I'm aware of that, been two years in a row. It can get bad lol.

Very curious where they go next.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
Very interested in where the new venue will be. The switch from Bally's to Mandalay Bay was a big upgrade back in the days of SFIV. Not sure where in Vegas would make sense for the next move. I just hope the new venue is actually better instead of some cost-cutting measure.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
I'd bet KI with its new patch is a lock for the retro game slot. That'll be sick as long as the KI players show up in numbers.

I'm hoping Project L is far enough along that we start getting annual announcement trailers at EVO. Maybe they can announce its final name and do a "real" reveal trailer. Heck, it may actually come out next year, so that timing would make sense.

Fat4all

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
Is sphere too small for grand finals?

I have no idea how big the sphere is on the inside.
they could probably make it work, but ticket prices to afford the screen usage would be TOO MUCH i bet lol

231001153616-04-u2-sphere-vegas.jpg

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Guessing Tekken 8 will get the most entrants.

I would bet against that. Tekken 8 is doing amazing and it's going to get some huge numbers at EVO. But I think it still falls short of whatever decline SF6 has this year. Nothing yet has proven to reach new heights far beyond anything else the way the SF series has at EVO and I think that will still mostly hold true at this EVO. That being said I don't think the difference will be big. Something like 4.5k for SF6 and 3.5-4k for Tekken 8 is my early guess.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if either hits 4k, but both cracking 3k seems very possible. Will probably be plenty crossover entrants between the two as well.

I think both games are a lock for 3k with SF6 still managing to hit 4k at least. I feel that way because I think attendance will still be very good. Not as good as last year(9k), but far better than 2022 when they only had around 5k. So lets say 8k people come, that's plenty of people to help bloat numbers all around.

Aside from that I think SF6 being so much more well received means a better year over year decline(in terms of percentage). I'm guessing like 40% where as SFV dropped nearly 50%.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
What do you guys expect for MK1 numbers? Im honestly not expecting anything over 500 and I kind of feel like thats a generous number.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
EVO 2024 line-up just leaked (don't click if you want it to be a surprise)
Tekken Revolution
Street Fighter: The Movie
Mortal Kombat Advance
Guilty Gear Isuka
Clayfighter 63 1/3
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus

About what I expected tbh.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
What if Capcom decides continues to drop cash into the CPT pot for the 2024 season? That'll keep those entrants up.

OP
OP
NeoChaos

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I'm still of the belief that the new venue is The Venetian. It's connected to The Sphere, and the Venetian Expo Center is bigger than Mandalay Bay CC. You have the tournament hall at the latter, and finals day at the former. If you're looking to top the Mandalay experience, that's one way to do it.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
- Believe in UNI2 Day 3.
- Believe in Idom Top 6.
- Believe in the crowd screaming along with Elphelt.
- Also idk what's gonna happen in Tekken but excited for that too.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So what's your predictions?

My guess:
SF6
MK1
Tekken 8
Guilty Gear Strive
Granblue Versus Rising
UNIST 2
KOF XV
Retro Game (Killer Instinct)

Seems pretty predictable this year. The only mixups are the retro game and DBFZ. I just don't think there's enough interest for the later anymore.