• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Topic

• Yes

Votes: 404 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 621 42.5%
  • Yes but it was a mobile game

Votes: 177 12.1%
  • Yea a multiplayer game

Votes: 235 16.1%
  • Yes a rogue like

Votes: 25 1.7%

• Total voters

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I recently deleted - and then found myself re-downloading - Forza Horizon 5.

I've been addicted to the Eliminator game for ages. I'm not a racing or an online competition guy, but I think it makes both of these so accessible, I can't stop playing it - despite how bullshit and luck-driven I recognize it can be.

Not harmful in the way this stuff can be, but it's definitely stopped me playing new things for some time now, and I think that's a problem.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FFXiv, numerous times. Especially in the lead up to Endwalker. Definitely came to terms that I have poor self control.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Every few months I crave for some Sims gameplay. So I install The Sims 4, waste an entire weekend playing the game, realize that I've just spent two whole days and basically completed nothing, regret playing the game, uninstall it. The cycle repeats every now and then.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Happens the most with roguelikes/lites. I poured way too many hours into Nuclear Throne, Binding of Isaac and Spelunky.
I might have to do the same with Vampire Survivors so it doesn't once again monopolize my gaming time when I have Elden Ring and Psychonauts 2 to play through.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I quit playing both Rocket League and Fortnite because I realized I wasn't really having fun with either anymore, I just kept feeling obligated to grind out battle pass shit.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Yes, WoW. It took like 6 years for me to realize how much of a negative effect the game was having on my life. I gained a ton of weight, ate horrible, did nothing but play the game after work late into the night, barely slept, quit my job to play it all day, and never went out with my friends, missed weddings and all sorts of things. I was addicted to PvP when the game launched, did the rank 14 grind when that was introduced and that's when things really turned ugly. Thankfully, when they introduced the arena, I lost interest in PvP and the game.

Though it did teach me I have an addictive nature which has helped me be more moderate about a lot of things in life.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Slay The Spire at 800 hours as I couldn't stop. Reinstalled it and at 1,713 hours; I should probably have a break again. Probably my favourite game ever though.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I had to force myself to stop playing FFXIV, I was playing it waaaay too much and not playing any other games, I do miss playing it a lot and wish I could play it again but there are some games on my backlog I want to finish and since I would be playing on PC now I would have to buy the whole thing again and its been rough for me lately monerately to buy any games.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I got so addicted to Marvel Future Fight on mobile that I was taking it to work and playing it because energy boosts were more advantageous during my work hours. I wasn't having any fun actually playing the game at all, in fact I had gotten so far along that I had boost that automated the actual gameplay. I was just grinding the same few high level levels, trying to crack the last few levels that they put way out of reach, and doing dailies and slowly building up characters. It was a huge time and money sink and I had to put it down.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Only after spending hundreds or dollars on:

Team Fortress 2
Genshin Impact
Magic Arena
HEX
World of Goddamn Tanks has at least $1000 of my money