• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Fire Emblem has been putting me to sleep the past few days as well, not in a bad way just because I've been playing it a lot at night.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've found I can actually play some games better when moderately drunk. Specifically platformers.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I usually get real angry at myself for being too drunk and forgetting story beats the next morning. I remember loading up Sekiro once and having zero idea how I got to a location, or how to get back.

I do tend to play some games better when drunk as well.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
No, because why would I get drunk while I play video games wtf...

I get high instead. It's excellent.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i usually can't make it through five minutes of any game drunk... and i am not a light drinker by any means

mrpookles

Oct 29, 2017
I feel ya, OP. I enjoy a drink while playing, but when I enter 'pissed' territory I stop... even though I never get wasted while playing, I feel that moderate drunkenness takes away from focusing on the narrative.

Multiplayer's different, of course.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
I love playing Smash Bros online but when I get high I play like shit. Its fun but I hate doing poorly or playing predictably.

Are fighting games the hardest game to enjoy while high/drunk/etc?

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
I did this with Lunar Silver Star on ps1. I remember walls and walls of text. The next day sucked trying to figure out where I was and what I was supposed to be doing.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
It's one of the reasons I've started limiting myself to beer only when going out, and even then only 2 or 3 over an extended period. Too many times coming home from the bar drunk and being like "well if I sleep now I'll get the spins and feel like shit in the morning, so I should stay up for a while and drink some damn water" but then realizing I can't functionally play a video game.

Also in my early 30s I've seemingly lost the ability to enjoy the feeling of intoxication. It's like I no longer get the endorphin release; only the impairment. I still love the taste of a good beer though.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If you're drunk, you're probably with friends, so time for some multiplayer fun?

If you're alone and drunk, just go to sleep lol

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... but it's an aspect of a broader thing for me that if I don't hit a sweet spot for a buzz (And sometimes even then) I'll just feel too OFF to want to do anything and just lay down and wait for it to pass or whatever. It often makes alcohol feel like a waste of time and money to be honest, and while I have my moments I'd been leaning more and more towards cutting it outright. It's usually novel craft beers and enjoying wine that keep me in at all, and I'm looking into checking out Fre for wine.

EDIT: What I enjoy most traditionally with alcohol was socializing with others and having fun there. And I seem to have a habit of being a massive nerd and annoying everyone around me in the process, ah hahaha.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If I ever started having memory issues after drinking that would be the day I stop drinking. And no it doesn't annoy me cause drunk playing is fun as hell.

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
I dont remember much in life at all, im drunk most of the time so i wake up each day and its like a new life.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Not since I went to play Skyrim back in 2012 only to not know where in the actual hell my character was. I'd done a shitload of questing while drunk and was in a part of the map I didn't recognize.

Crankafoo

Dec 3, 2018
Canada
I've only really played games while drunk once and it was Catherine.

I had tried maybe 20-30 times to clear even the first level of Babel Mode sober, gave up and moved on. Months later I get blasted at a buddies house and we play 2p Babel, he gets KO almost instantly, but that was my run apparently. Cleared the first two towers with such ease and the calmness of a rock. I've tried to clear any level again (for my own Xbox achievements as I did it originally on his profile) to no avail.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
OP can you play games, like, without drinking alcohol? I've heard some people say games are still fun and engaging when you are sober.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
never play singleplayer games drunk

either local multiplayer where everyone is drunk, or not at all

Aug 10, 2019
I'm more angry when I play multiplayer games drunk and ruin my win-loss ratio because of my overconfidence. This goes quadruple for chess, I've gone from 1600 to 900 in a single evening lol

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I have never been more angry at myself than with beiny drunk while

Atreus being Loki

was playing and I didn't remember any of it.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I mean you have to be really drunk to not remember shit. At least I do, but I heard it varies from people to people.

I'm always high on weed when I play games though, and what I learnwd is that if I don't remember some stuff it's because it wasn't very good, but if it is I do remember it

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
My skills in multiplayer games are enhanced when I'm under the influence until I pass a certain threshold where it all goes downhill. So then I just post on era and hope no one notices.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
When I think of getting drunk and video games I remember drinking when I was 14 (age of drunkness begins at age 16 but peer pressure in school led many to start early), and we had penpals from iceland on visit. At a get-together my penpal started talking about the fact that I had "GRAND THEFT AUTOOW" on my PS3, and begged me to go home and play it, so at 3am we went to my room and started drunkenly driving in GRAND THEFT AUTOOW, and I remember this because I thought the way he said "GRAND THEFT AUTOOW" was super weird.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nope, that's when it's time to play my guitar. And when I'm too drunk for that it's lights out, headphones on, and watch a film. Happened last night in fact. Got too drunk to fly my spaceship in No Man's Sky.