• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they will change the end of 3 to make it fit in with whatever they have planned for the new one.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
4K, 60 FPS, improved inventory management in ME1. That is all I ask.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
My wish list. Not really expecting all this but I can dream.
  • HDR
  • 4K textures
  • Ray tracing
  • 120+fps support (currently aspects of the game break above 62)
  • Support for higher fov without breaking cutscenes
  • Higher poly models
  • Upscaled prerendered cutscenes
In the initial announcement they laid out what to expect.

- Higher resolution and frame rate (no specifics given, but I think it's safe to assume 60fps)
- Better textures, shaders, effects, and character models
- Some form of enhancement on XSX/PS5 over the last gen versions (no details)

It still uses unreal engine 3 so don't expect dramatic differences and do not expect ray tracing. I think high res cut scenes will be a given. No way they put out those pixelated 720p versions.

The PC versions better have native controller support as well.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC also needs the games to not break above 60fps. Give me that and I'm good.
This is something I'd like to have, but will be okay if is not done. Controller support on the other hand. I have a 144hz monitor but i think I'll be playing this on the 55" OLED, that's why I want the controller support.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
2 months from release and no footage shown at all? When did that ever be a good thing.
The insane thing is it was planned for October and had a last minute delay, supposedly.

But I am a bit impatient to see how it looks. Even if it's 99% the same, at least I can manage my expectations accordingly.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
yeah.... I'm getting this without question on Day 1 unless it's totally broken, but I'd like gameplay ASAP so we can just rip the bandaid off and calibrate expectations properly :/
Me too! I'll be happily surprised if it's more than a graphical and slight ui change. Here's hoping your choices impact me4 but I think everyone is saying the destroy ending is Canon.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Just hope that the PC versions has properly controller support. Also would love PTBR subs, then some friends finally would understand why these games are loved.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
March looking really nice with this, It Takes Two, and Returnal.

Probably get a trailer soon then.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
A whole bunch of leaks on the existence of the Remaster and several retailers initially put it up for October.
All that means is that it was originally planned for October and then got delayed, not that it was a last minute decision. Jeff Grubb might've found out about it near October, but that's not representative of when the delay happened.

I know Jeff Grubs insinuated it got delayed but he defo didn't say it was last minute and I was pretty sure he was the only one really spilling stuff about the ME remasters?
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Jan 29, 2018
I hope this ends up really impressive but I'm not expecting much more than a simple upres.

If anything it'd be nice to have all 3 games plus DLC on one modern platform but I'm not dying to have it day one.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Likely. Wouldn't it also be sad if the sales of this determines how "big" they can go with ME4?
Hopefully it's not like EA using it to determine support for the Wii U.

"We put an inferior version of Mass Effect 3 lacking DLC on the Wii U at full price over a year late at the same time we released the Trilogy grouped together for the same price on other systems and it didn't sell to our expectations! There is no future for EA games on the Wii U!"

That still cracks me up.

But I'm more optimistic about this one. At least if it's competent and runs well (PLEASE run well).

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
After the embarrassing NFS Hot Pursuit "Remaster" im not expecting enhanced graphics at all. EA Remasters are usually bottom of the barrel effort/budget projects. Hopefully its at least stable on all platforms. When i tried to play ME1 on PC my save files got corrupted after 10 hours or so and deleted it since.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
EA Play Pro will be putting in work then, hopefully this isn't a mess.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I was thinking April or May. March is a welcomed surprise

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I feel like I'm one of the few who still has little interest in revisiting after the ME3 plot beats/ending(and side quest design) but I never played the citadel dlc so I'll probably get suckered into buying this
and still retroactively hate the franchise

At least the first one was great 😎

Oct 28, 2017
They've just deleted the mako entirely from ME1 and added planet scanning...you know...for consistency.

They also removed half the RPG upgrade options...for consistency.

Oh, and they've given your team stock armour and weapons so you don't have to manage their inventory...for consistency.

I hope this sarcasm is way off mark btw. I'd be pissed off of this is what they've done for the sake of unifying all the games.

Your opinion is absolutely valid, but for the sake of showing that what you've described isn't necessarily bad: I will only replay ME1 if they make the kind of changes you're suggesting.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Legit just want straight visual remasters. All in one package with all the DLC.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Delete the Mako from everything apart from the storyline missions and you really do lose nothing apart from the worst padding.

Plus, yes, removing 90% of the armour and weapon options would be better.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Really hope they don't fuck this up. I think I'm finally willing to give the trilogy as a whole a shot if these ports/ remasters are decent.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Just wait for the release date from official sources. It's probably not coming out in March. We are in a pandemic

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
We should consider Hot Pursuit a baseline for what they intend to do with Mass Effect.

Outside of that, my biggest fairytale hope would be for them to completely redo ME1's menus and UI but leave the rest of its gameplay alone. Or just give it some quality of life improvements. Any more changes to ME1 would be too controversial and divisive because the fanbase has such a huge split between people who think ME1 is the best game in the series and people who think it's the worst.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still super keen on this because I'm due for another playthrough, but the longer they take to actually show the damn thing, the less work I expect has been done to spruce up the visuals. I'm in no way expecting a full remake/remaster of every asset across the three games (it'd be an unreasonably enormous job), but the impact of even minor upgrades is going to be less significant on PC than console. I actually think all three games still look really good when running at high framerates and resolutions, so console gamers should get an inherently, immediately superior experience over the original builds. But much of the standard port upgrades we've come to expect (resolution, texture filtering, anti-aliasing, framerate, etc) were always available on PC, so I'm more interested in what else they can bring to the table.

The ME1 situation concerns me a bit too, if the rumours are true. I personally would be happy to play it again as-is, but the rumour that it was delayed to take ME1 back to the drawing board makes me wonder what, if any changes are being made and how they're impacting development.

I just hope they don't break anything. Even if this ends up being a pretty lukewarm port as far as improvements go, I hope this doesn't wind up as one of those cases where the "next gen" port introduces a bunch of bugs and broken features that weren't in the originals. Fingers crossed.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Keeping in mind the likely modest scale of this remaster, a few things I'd like to see improved that wouldn't be too difficult:

- Better face models for Shepard, especially FemShep who I always thought looked somewhat odd in-game.
- Better face model for Ashley. She looks bad in ME1/2 and bad in a completely different way in ME3.
- ME1 could use some gameplay changes, but I'm not sure what they could implement easily. Tighten up the Mako controls a bit? Improve the cover system? The UI definitely needs some work too.
- ME2: Fix the slow loading screens. (There's already a PC mod that does this)
- ME2: Improve the responsiveness of the cursor during the Planet Scanning minigame, this is a large part of why people find that minigame frustrating. Yes I know there's an in-game upgrade that does this, you can go ahead and take that out and make the faster movement the default, it's okay.
- ME2: Please remove the terrible "red veins of death" graphic that appears when you have low health.
- ME3: Better quest log.
- ME3: Let me check my War Assets from the menu. Don't make me slowly make my way to the back of the ship to check the special War Assets Computer every time.
- Clean up a few inconsistencies/typos in the planet descriptions.
- Clear up any lingering issues with save importing.

Last edited: