• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
If Nintendo can do it, why not Capcom? I'm sure there's some people who've never played those games before and are willing to pay that price. Why should Capcom reduce their profits just because they're old games? They're new to Switch.

Yeah....no.

Nintendo wouldn't be charging £30 for Super Mario Sunshine, they charge full price for games that came out within this same generation.

All Capcom games so far have been similar to the other console prices inc Okami, RE Rev 1 & 2. These games are a lot more and for little reason.

Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo can do it, why not Capcom? I'm sure there's some people who've never played those games before and are willing to pay that price. Why should Capcom reduce their profits just because they're old games? They're new to Switch.

I'm sure the Switch version will now outsell all other versions just like Nintendo has done. A guru you are. I shouldn't have doubted Capcom.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We're talking about a near 2x price increase for a digital only game with no new content. Which Nintendo game are you referring to here with this comment?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of mental, I mean I got 4,5 and 6 for £15 in a bundle on PS4. The final fantasy ports are just a bad.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Switch owners should be grateful that Capgod deemed them worthy and is only charging £30.

The sheer entitlement nowadays.

Damn right.
And capgod has serious matters to consider currently, as it is promoting a real game for real platforms for hardcore gamerz with dmc5.
Why should they bother with those pesky switch owners, they're never happy and complain everytime.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fucking gross, even judged against the standard Switch overpricing on everything.

Shit, I can remember that time I got a bundle of REmake, RE0, 4,5, 6 and Revelaitons 2 for like £16 in an Xbone sale.

Even £30 for a bundle of all 3 of these would be pushing it imo.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The most mindblowing thing about all of this is still that RE4 is not getting a physical release anywhere. At all.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of mental, I mean I got 4,5 and 6 for £15 in a bundle on PS4. The final fantasy ports are just a bad.
Not at all - FF games are priced the same in all systems.

You guys keep repeating the same argument without understanding what the issue here is. This isn't just about the game being priced to high for one person but the Switch versions being more expensive compared to PC/Xbox and PS4.

That's not the case with FF.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hoping these ports fail miserably at that price. don't care if that means capcom won't bring over other stuff, if this is how they're going to treat the platfom.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
What are the odds that seeing the miscontentment they just rush a new feature into the game at the last moment, like new costumes or a hardcore mode, and pretend it was here all along and was the reason for this price ?

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ace Attorney has price parity between platforms right? Can't be a Switch thing then.

Maybe Capcom just decided to revamp their pricing policy in 2019 and kick them prices up a notch.

Can't wait for the inevitable fire sales.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances that seeing the miscontentment they just rush a new feature into the game at the last moment, like new costumes or a hardcore mode, and pretend it was here all along and was the reason for this price ?
or even if there was something (which there won't be) it'll also be patched into versions that are half this price. not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying there is no and will be no justification for the price hike.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably saw how Nintendo has been pricing their ports and remasters and thought they could follow suit lol. Robbery for digital only release.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

You guys keep repeating the same argument without understanding what the issue here is. This isn't just about the game being priced to high for one person but the Switch versions being more expensive compared to PC/Xbox and PS4.

It's also not the case with any of Capcom's other ports. Those were all released with price parity too. Even the upcoming Dragon's Dogma.

People don't seem to be getting how weird their treatment of these 3 games specifically is.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017

Oh well that's cool, I still think they are priced too high. Nobody is going to convince me that 45 quid is a good price for those games in 2019. Might not be the same thing as a switch tax but overpriced is overpriced.

It would be nice if they dropped the price for the Resi games as i'd love to play 4 on the go but i'll be waiting for a sale.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I think I said in another thread I was planning to purchase RE4 since I haven't purchased it since the original GC release. Nah, I'll pass on that price now.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably saw how Nintendo has been pricing their ports and remasters and thought they could follow suit lol. Robbery for digital only release.

If they somehow recently decided to raise their prices on all their Switch ports after launching them with price parity before, how does that explain Dragon's Dogma launching with price parity in April?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
other than donkey kong tropical freeze, which nintendo port has been more expensive than the original?
and these are digital so they don't even have the excuse of cart prices.

Oct 27, 2017
Dudes, I wasn't seriously advocating for this price. Just poking fun at how many defend Nintendo increasing price on re-releases.

We're talking about a near 2x price increase for a digital only game with no new content. Which Nintendo game are you referring to here with this comment?
Pretty sure Donkey Kong or NSMBU + Luigi U could be found on Wii U for less than half the Switch price. Hell, they added $10 to the original Donkey Kong price. And I don't consider Funky Kong or Peachette to be significant content worth that price.

This guy gets it.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I also kinda blame Switch owners. They just seem to roll over when it comes to pricing. Or the store in general is too rich for my blood lol

If RE4 makes it on the top eshop bestsellers which it probably will, old ass 30 dollar ports will continue to be a thing.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Would've bought if they made a bundle of all 3 for 59.99. Hell, I'd even put it lower considering it wont run at 60 fps.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when RE4 Wii Edition sold over a million, making Capcom happy, and then they followed it up with..... An on rails shooter?

Or how about the time RE: Revelations and Revelations 2 on Switch outsold the Xbox/PS4 versions combined, and Capcom followed it up with 3 old ports, each $10 more expensive than anywhere else?

Good times.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You know what's awesome?

The popular (and probably incoming) excuse of "there's no audience for those games on that console" doesn't work anymore.

The Switch has proven that it's audience absolutely would play all the games that other console owners play.
So if a product doesn't sell now, it's because there's something wrong with the game, not with the audience.

So yeah, get fucked Capcom

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
"switch owners don't want our games, I told you"
LMAO. Aw man...

Hopefully it'll be like it is on the Xbox store where, according to storeparser, they go on sale what seems like fairly frequently for 8 dollars each. They are only 20 each by themselves though. I guess I could see why it's 30 dollars for each one if these came out like right when the Switch released because "people need games for their new system (this still would suck though)" but there are so many games on switch now.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also kinda blame Switch owners. They just seem to roll over when it comes to pricing. Or the store in general is too rich for my blood lol

If RE4 makes it on the top eshop bestsellers which it probably will, old ass 30 dollar ports will continue to be a thing.
yeah sadly it seems like most switch players don't care. i expect all three games to enter the chart and stay there for a while.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Donkey Kong or NSMBU + Luigi U could be found on Wii U for less than half the Switch price. Hell, they added $10 to the original Donkey Kong price. And I don't consider Funky Kong or Peachette to be significant content worth that price.

We're not talking about games launching at a price higher than sale prices on other platforms, we're talking about ports launching at higher prices than they launched at on other platforms. And yes, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is the only instance of Nintendo doing that, and even if you don't think the Funky mode justified that price increase (I don't either) it still was something additional.

These games are launching with absolutely no details at a price $10 higher than they launched on other platforms. And you can't blame expensive carts anymore since 2/3 of these games are digital only.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch tax, pony up.

People are paying ridiculous amounts of money so why let all that cash on the table? If consumers didn't pay it wouldn't work.

Of course it sucks as a consumer, but I'm tired of seeing people defend the higher prices there. You made the bed, now lie in it.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a sale. No rush to get RE4 or REmake on the Switch for me

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Is this a joke...?

I mean, laugh all you want about switch tax and cartridge costs... but these games are digital.

How can they be charging so much for the same damn game? Not just any game, but a game that's had more releases than any other?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This is why I don't own a Switch anymore - it's a fucking expensive system to own when all is said and done.

As for Capcom, well, they saw Nintendo charging £40+ for ports of Wii U games that came out five years ago and said to themselves "Mmmm, we'll have some of that."

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We went from Nintendo being considered a poor selling market (for 3rd parties) where it wasn't worth bringing games over to, to Nintendo being considered a too healthy market where it isn't worth putting an effort into the games because anything will sell and on top of it, prices should be exploited as well.

There's no winning, at least with some publishers. Others are taking their heads out of their asses.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
All those people going "Nintendo does it, why can't Capcom" don't realize that Nintendo doesn't charge extra for digital only releases AFAIK. I'm more than happy to pay $30 for RE4 if it's fully on a cart.

I wonder if Gyro controls will be limited to joy-cons only for RE4 like they were in REV1+2.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Have never got round to Resident Evil 4, figured now would've perfect to try it out.

But I'm holding off until it gets a proper discount.

Having it being double the price of the exact same game on PS4 makes it a very hard pass. Can't justify that

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Even though I wasn't a fan of the SF2 pricing. It at least made some sense considering if had the Motion Control Mode and other new things. Nothing crazy, but it was at least something. Currently with these ports there's no mention of any new features.
Yeah that game had some reasoning behind its price. These ports have nothing to separate them from other versions.

There's really very little reasoning behind this other than a quick money grab towards gullible Switch owners.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo shouldn't do it, and Capcom ESPECIALLY shouldn't do it for games from 3 generations back

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't own a Switch anymore - it's a fucking expensive system to own when all is said and done.

As for Capcom, well, they saw Nintendo charging £40+ for ports of Wii U games that came out five years ago and said to themselves "Mmmm, we'll have some of that."

Again, this reasoning does not even explain what's going on with these games. They're releasing Dragon's Dogma for the same price as they did on other platforms in a couple months too. Why jack up the price of these games but not that game?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Because people will buy it anyway. Lots of Switch games are sold at a premium compared to Steam prices. It's a bummer.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Not surprised they're doing this. Switch owners have already shown they're willing to pay extra for Switch versions of games.
Some have, but many are starting to wake up to this. I have seen this complaint popping up a lot recently. Personally I have skipped several games due to the asking price being way high. I think they're absolutely is a whale audience on switch that buys almost everything plus lots of people making poor buying decisions in order to fill out their library and get a full screen of games. But both of these will end and there will be flops because of it.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of what Capcom is doing makes any sense whatsoever. No information whatsoever, no trailers, no screenshots, general confusion about these RE ports, and Capcom is just radio silent. This does not feel like their usual brand management, ESPECIALLY for Resident Evil, one of their biggest game series that they port to everything under the sun.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Again, this reasoning does not even explain what's going on with these games. They're releasing Dragon's Dogma for the same price as they did on other platforms in a couple months too. Why jack up the price of these games but not that game?

Capcom jacked up the price for the same reason Nintendo charges extortionate amounts for their own ports - because they know people will buy it. The difference is that, if you're willing to wait, these Resi titles will actually drop in price.