• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Agreed.

Now, considering how much Miyamoto cherishes this series, and with the recent release of Star Fox 2, it's guaranteed Faye and Miyu will show up in SF: Grand Prix. Since Miyamoto is personally forcing/threatening Retro to make this game, they're gonna have a big role—what do people think their role will be?

Hopefully they have good voicelines for the mid-flight vehicle stealing mechanic

and the character customization will be fun

excited to use Samus in multiplayer too
Yeah, I could see Retro have Miyu and Faye playable. Probably Krystal. The original four obviously. Starwolf crew possibly including Andrew, Pigma and Panther. Katt Monroe and Bill Grey are very likely. Up in the air if they would bring in Command characters. The characters themselves weren't bad it was the story that was all over the place. Dash Bowman(Andross' grandson and cousin to Andrew. Looks up to Star Fox.), Lucy Hare(Peppy's daughter), and Amanda Toad (Slippy's wife). If they did decide to do Samus they should also do Captain Falcon.

My hope is that the game will be very unique and not a straightforward racing game. The levels could still contain a lot of design influence from Star Fox with the added elements of controlling your own speed. Have a solid single player component that is highly replayable. Also have local and online multiplayer.

Oct 26, 2017
I never claimed I knew what they wanted to do. I just said they deserve to work on their own project; huge difference.
Well perhaps they want to work on a new Star Fox game instead or their own projects weren't working out so well. Its almost as if you're assuming that you think the higher ups at Nintendo think they're unworthy of making their own new IP

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
I asked them if they had any good bbq recipes they were willing to share on Facebook and the following was the auto-reply message:

"Howdy! We're happy to hear from you but alas, we're incredibly busy making games and can't get back to all of your great questions. We love our fans! Stay tuned for more fun."

GameS. As in plural. Perhaps they are working on series of BBQ simulators :).

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought for certain we were getting these leaks a couple of months ago because Retro was ready to reveal something at E3. But that wasn't the case obviously. I would expect a Retro game to be revealed at E3 so I'm think it's at least another year before we hear anything.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for certain we were getting these leaks a couple of months ago because Retro was ready to reveal something at E3. But that wasn't the case obviously. I would expect a Retro game to be revealed at E3 so I'm think it's at least another year before we hear anything.

We asked insiders before E3 if that was the case and most weren't sure if it would be shown there. Most of them didn't think it was a 2018 game so that made it even more unlikely.

I think Emily said the first leak she heard about this game was in February, which is 4 months from E3, so it's very unlikely the leak would've been connected to an incoming announcement.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We asked insiders before E3 if that was the case and most weren't sure if it would be shown there. Most of them didn't think it was a 2018 game so that made it even more unlikely.

I think Emily said the first leak she heard about this game was in February, which is 4 months from E3, so it's very unlikely the leak would've been connected to an incoming announcement.
I still had my hopes up. LOL

I just went back through the last few Retro game announcements and they've all come at E3. So I would expect the same for this one. I suppose they could drop it at another Direct, but an E3 announcement just feels right. With that, I'm guessing a fall 2019 launch at the earliest.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of sad there's no new rumors for this with all the sources who know of it. Maybe it's hard to get information now that its been leaked. :(

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Bumping this because:

- It's 2019
- Starlink has come and gone
- Nearly 5 years since DKCTF released
- General noise about a Direct releasing "soon" (although an E3 reveal seems more likely)

COME ON RETRO, WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Before this gets locked, just reiterating that I dearly hope this is true. I've been getting back on a Star Fox kick lately and I'm so here for a Retro game set in the universe.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Bumping this because:

- It's 2019
- Starlink has come and gone
- Nearly 5 years since DKCTF released
- General noise about a Direct releasing "soon" (although an E3 reveal seems more likely)

COME ON RETRO, WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON.
BUzvVB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.