Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

View: https://x.com/JezCorden/status/1601058719021731840

... is this a theory people are entertaining?

If that is the case, a retroactive exclusivity deal like this is problematic for a variety of reasons, particularly when you've already announced which platforms your game is coming to. A delay for "optimization" reasons is also problematic for Microsoft and Xbox, because it furthers the narrative that Xbox isn't a priority for developers, and furthers speculation that developers find the Xbox Series S difficult to work with. If Black Myth: Wukong had taken an exclusivity deal, it would be within Sony's interests to cast doubt over the Xbox platform by keeping details of the deal a secret.

www.windowscentral.com

Hotly anticipated 'Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox Series X|S — and now, Microsoft has responded

Black Myth: Wukong for Xbox Series X|S seems to be a myth of its own, at least for now.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft needs to cut Jez off at this point. I'm sorry. Bro has no self control and the fact that Xbox legitimizes him, gives him the ability to do this shit.
People like Jez Corden help companies to spread false news (That doesn't mean Microsoft tell him to do that).
Most of us are laughing at this Black Myth story, but I don't have any doubt that many people believe it. Now just imagine another game like Baldur's Gate 3 and Black Myth: Wukong and those people will say: "Yeah, we know it's because of Sony and they made a deal with that developer/publisher to make XSS look bad."

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
People like Jez Corden help companies to spread false news (That doesn't mean Microsoft tell him to do that).
Most of us are laughing at this Black Myth story, but I don't have any doubt that many people believe it. Now just imagine another game like Baldur's Gate 3 and Black Myth: Wukong and those people will say: "Yeah, we know it's because of Sony and they made a deal with that developer/publisher to make XSS look bad."
It would probably help if the developer commented to clear that air out. Including comments made by MS basically insinuating there was a timed exclusivity deal made.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would probably help if the developer commented to clear that air out. Including comments made by MS basically insinuating there was a timed exclusivity deal made.
They talked about it weeks ago:
"We are currently optimising the Xbox Series X/S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologise for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards."
If they wanted to lie about it, they can do it again without any problem. But they don't need to repeat an obvious thing again.

Kirby64

Aug 16, 2020

9455231e-bd46-445c-98d9-ec3acf826598

I'm honestly jealous that people can so confidently project their stupidity online.

"We are currently optimising the Xbox Series X/S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologise for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards."
If they wanted to lie about it, they can do it again without any problem. But they don't need to repeat an obvious thing again.
It might make sense to put out a statement clarifying that there's a lack of deals being made here.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
User warned: Mod whining
People will brush off this absolute unprofessional behavior when he teases the next bullshit rumor. What a harsher word for shill? Cause that what Jez is.
Wait this person was banned? What are the mods doing here? This post is 100% correct.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you fool, you missed the hidden meaning

"We are currently optimiSing the XbOx Series X/S versioN to meet our qualitY standarDs, so it won't rEleAse simuLtaneously witH the othEr pLatforms. We aPologise for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox Users. We will announce the release date as Soon as it meets our quality standards."

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
User Warned: Modwhining
People will brush off this absolute unprofessional behavior when he teases the next bullshit rumor. What a harsher word for shill? Cause that what Jez is.

Going to say this user is correct. Most people don't care about the integrity of the person giving the news, they just want the news. Same with publishers, the general public want games they care about nothing else.
Also, how is this user banned for accusations of shilling while the person in question is literally calling a Developer liars? Especially with having no evidence to back it up

Last edited:

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of Modwhining
Lol

there seems to be something judgey going on here

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
www.windowscentral.com

Hotly anticipated 'Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox Series X|S — and now, Microsoft has responded

Black Myth: Wukong for Xbox Series X|S seems to be a myth of its own, at least for now.
But... why would Sony not acknowledge the exclusive deal and try to pull some sort of stealth tactic to undermine the Series S? We were told, quite literally, by the developers that they are still optimizing the game on Xbox and that is the reason why it is releasing later than the PS5 version coming in August. Far too many partners and parties need to be invested in this lie to make that theory plausible. It makes no sense nor does it provide any advantage to Sony.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
you fool, you missed the hidden meaning

"We are currently optimiSing the XbOx Series X/S versioN to meet our qualitY standarDs, so it won't rEleAse simuLtaneously witH the othEr pLatforms. We aPologise for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox Users. We will announce the release date as Soon as it meets our quality standards."
FtM6VUFXwAAiplK.jpg

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
Good ol' Jez

I am just wondering is Black Myth Wukong even that important a release to write this bizzare fanboy stuff over? I understand if people were doing this for BG3 to drive console warrior clicks. But for an unknown chinese game?

That's because the devs intentionally did this to draw marketing for this game /s

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
But... why would Sony not acknowledge the exclusive deal and try to pull some sort of stealth tactic to undermine the Series S? We were told, quite literally, by the developers that they are still optimizing the game on Xbox and that is the reason why it is releasing later than the PS5 version coming in August. Far too many partners and parties need to be invested in this lie to make that theory plausible. It makes no sense nor does it provide any advantage to Sony.

See you're on a path of logical thought. You need to walk a different path to find the answers you seek.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I said before but: Please, please stop legitamizing Jez on here. He is another in a long line of console-warrior bloggers who was granted a platform to wear his media hat.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I am just wondering is Black Myth Wukong even that important a release to write this bizzare fanboy stuff over? I understand if people were doing this for BG3 to drive console warrior clicks. But for an unknown chinese game?

Its the Nr. 1 preorded game on Steam for the chinese region right now and 4th best selling game in global topsellers on Steam.
It's not really unknown.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Logic is less compelling than paranoia unfortunately.

At this point, I'm surprised Jez Corden tweets/articles aren't banned here.
A large section of this industry sadly elevates and weaponises these sorts of individuals.

Kirby64

Aug 16, 2020
Its the Nr. 1 preorded game on Steam for the chinese region right now and 4th best selling game in global topsellers on Steam.
It's not really unknown.
lol, this thing is going to be one of the best selling games of the year off of China alone. Nothing but hearsay and rumors of course, and I am absolutely speaking out of my ass, but apparently somewhere on China's side on the firewall on Weibo or something its being speculated that they've already gotten like 2 million in pre-orders. Is it probably bullshit? Sure. Is it the most wishlisted game on Steam right now, and will it be one of the biggest games of the year? yep.

I was looking at the steam top selling for the game for a while - even as it more or less stopped charting in other countries, China alone carried it to number one in global top selling for like a week after it was announced, and even still its top 5.

Stop applying logic and good reasoning to this situation, it won't help you.

Last edited:

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
It's not hard to believe that certain platforms were prioritized first by this independent developer. Doesn't mean that a deal is in place. Game will probably be coming in hot regardless.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
And this would continue to be exactly like the BG3 situation.

Some ppl pressed the devs to be more clear, and all hell broke loose.

Thank you. Again, it's about to be exactly like the BG3 situation.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Going to say this user is correct. Most people don't care about the integrity of the person giving the news, they just want the news. Same with publishers, the general public want games they care about nothing else.
Also, how is this user banned for accusations of shilling while the person in question is literally calling a Developer liars? Especially with having no evidence to back it up

I said it earlier but I caught a ban a little bit ago for I assume being a little too harsh in how I called out jez and his opinions. I personally didn't think it was too harsh but mods apparently did. Eother way he is a member of era and apparently that means following eras rules on not insulting other members even when you aren't directing messages at them or even if they're not in the thread that's discussing their public posted things on a public website for games journalism it seems. I guess my point is that people need to be somewhat careful with how they call his public facing views out and directly calling him a shill is going to get you blasted for sure. Just throwing it out there so other members can be more careful in this thread.

At some point I hope mods can look at how he's now spreading stuff that's going to cause these devs to face a lot of attacks and hate online and make an actual move to at least set up what can be posted of his at minimum. The devs have put info out on what's caused this issue and he's downplayed it and thrown out wild insinuations that aren't proven and seem to be just based on nothing worthwhile here. The devs are the ones who are going to deal with the shitstorm that causes and that's not ok.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
image.png

"Im choosing to believe they are lying until they prove me wrong"
Dude can't just accept even after the devs even stated earlier it wasn't releasing the same day because they needed to further optimize it. But no, it has to be some secret NDA'd Sony timed exclusivity, which Playstation isn't even marketing akin to their other third party marketed/timed exclusive games. It has to be the devs are lying instead. Jez is so annoying, ugh.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
At this point, I'm surprised Jez Corden tweets/articles aren't banned here.
To be fair most of his whiffs are self-inflicted. He's not really a controversial figure. He's probably no more guilty of engagement baiting than anyone else like him. The "I'm going to say matter-o-factly that all Xbox games are coming to PlayStation and then immediately say I was misquoted" thing was dumb and he's guilty of some fanboying around the ABK merger but you can't just ban someone for being in favor of the deal.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sony does a lot of shit, but to my knowledge, they're usually very transparent about timed exclusives. Even all the FF7 Rebirth marketing had "timed exclusive until at least X" small print on it.

There's no way they sign this game and then… Never market it. They'd be shouting about it incessantly if it was a timed exclusive.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Jez being embarrasing about this is nothing new. He did the same thing during BG3 and the CEO of Larian straight up said there wasnt a Sony deal in place and he still had the audacity to reply to him and say he "has heard differently". Like c'mon

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sony does a lot of shit, but to my knowledge, they're usually very transparent about timed exclusives. Even all the FF7 Rebirth marketing had "timed exclusive until at least X" small print on it.

There's no way they sign this game and then… Never market it. They'd be shouting about it incessantly if it was a timed exclusive.

Exactly. This "THERE'S A SECRET SONY DEAL" conspiracy theorizing is pathetic. Sony is not shy about pointing out their deals and the terms related to them.They in no way benefit from pretending there is no deal on this random-ass game while wasting money on timed exclusivity.

Neha

Feb 17, 2022
1.1 million people in China made reservations to purchase the physical deluxe and collector's edition on the retailer's site.

Only 20k and 10k items will be produced.

这款国产游戏,卖爆了!110万人预约抢购,全球销售超过1亿元!

证券时报,证券时报网,由人民日报社主管主办,是证券市场权威信息披露媒体,也是中国资本市场的重要信息披露平台。提供全天候7*24小时财经证券类资讯,内容丰富,包括时报快讯、股市新闻、财经资讯、基金净值、债券、期货、上市公司公告等,为用户提供全方位、最新鲜的财经信息。打造了“信披168”综合服务专区,资本市场投教“星火计划”,是权威、全面的资本市场服务平台。

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This thread hasn't been about the Eurogamer article or the physical versions of the game since the first page or two, and is barely even about Black Myth Wukong at this point either. It has been thoroughly derailed.

If someone wants to discuss the Eurogamer article or the codes in the deluxe editions, they can start a new thread, but we're not gonna host a thread that is just all about how much y'all hate Jez.

Status
Not open for further replies.