• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly dissapointed of how rarely things on my wishlist go on sale.
Thought i'd Get good deals on like 10 games, just got one from this sale.
Also seems like more devs thinks 20-30% sale is enough which I don't agree to.
Imagine how a Nintendo fan feels when that's the standard IF they actually lower the price to 1st party games after around 2 years.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
You have to contact Sony directly about it. They have to revoke the demo license from your account. It's been like this for years and I had to do it myself as I couldn't buy the Deluxe edition of Dirt 2.0 because I had tried the demo...
As far as I know there is no solution, Sony just fucked up the system and how PS+/PSNow and PSN in general work together... I really hope they fix those issues when/before PS5 releases.
Ok guys thanks I guess I'll contact Sony

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How are the Senran Kagura games, are they just Dynasty Warriors but horny?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Also looking at the first Suikoden, is that worth playing? I have played II already

A few other questions:

1) Is the DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins worth it, as the base game is half the price of the Gold edition

2) How worthwhile is the Maxima upgrade for WOFF? The base game is a tenner but adding the DLC onto it pushes it closer to £20

3) Anything else essential available for Vita in this sale?

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Imagine how a Nintendo fan feels when that's the standard IF they actually lower the price to 1st party games after around 2 years.

Oh I can totally understand that, been looking for a couple of retail Switch games (Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii U DX and Octopath Traveler) to go on sale. And they go:
Here's 5-8% off and this is the best deal we can give you.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well I ended up purchasing Erica and Windjammers, shouldn't really impact my back log since one is a sports title I mainly bought for quick coop sessions and other is a short fmv game that I had my eye on for a while.

How is Sayonara Wild Hearts? Gameplay and length wise.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
The tenth time I'm thinking about picking up Thronebreaker. I really like The Witcher (3), didn't care much about Gwent. Still a good idea to buy the game?

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Kingdom Hearts package, £30 seemed like a good deal for a shit load of games - but holy shit is the first Kingdom Hearts just as bad as I remembered.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So Assassin's Creed Origins is £14.99 standalone, with the Gold edition being £29.99

However, you can get both pieces of Story DLC for under a tenner

So if I get the base game and the DLC separately, for £24.57, what am I missing out on by not having the Gold edition?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
So Assassin's Creed Origins is £14.99 standalone, with the Gold edition being £29.99

However, you can get both pieces of Story DLC for under a tenner

So if I get the base game and the DLC separately, for £24.57, what am I missing out on by not having the Gold edition?
A lame extra mission, some armour/weapons DLC and 3 ability points. I have no clue why they think it's worth so much more but yeah, I bought them separately too and never regretted it.

On the other hand, the AC Odyssey season pass is a good deal, since you get both expansions and the AC3/Liberation remaster with it.

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Picked up Death Stranding.. and strangely enough, I find myself enjoying it. Been playing for three days now, can't even put the controller down.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A lame extra mission, some armour/weapons DLC and 3 ability points. I have no clue why they think it's worth so much more but yeah, I bought them separately too and never regretted it.

On the other hand, the AC Odyssey season pass is a good deal, since you get both expansions and the AC3/Liberation remaster with it.

Cheers!

I'll try and get Odyssey later on, once I've beaten Origins

Would you say the Origins DLC is worth it? If it's good I'll probably get it, but the idea of some of it being fantasy kind of puts me off

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Cheers!

I'll try and get Odyssey later on, once I've beaten Origins

Would you say the Origins DLC is worth it? If it's good I'll probably get it, but the idea of some of it being fantasy kind of puts me off
Yeah, I think they're worth it. From what I remember, the first one was merely decent but the second one was pretty cool. Both come with new areas to explore, so they're still worth playing. They also both raise the level cap, so it's a good idea to have them from the start. And the fantasy stuff is put into context by being Ancient shenanigans, so I didn't really have a problem with it. Same goes for the fantasy stuff in Odyssey.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019

The Curse of the Pharaohs one is definitely worth it. I loved the way it was more fantastical than realistic. It made a welcome change to the scenery. The Hidden ones I wasn't keen on.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like a perfect time to stock up on the big releases I missed this year. Considering:

Ace Combat 7 Deluxe (Will buy tonight)
Ni No Kuni 2 Prince Edition
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe
Shinobi Strikers
Yakuza Kiwami 2

Should last well into next year.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If anyone buys the Ace Combat 7 Deluxe edition can they post here to say if you get Ace Combat 5 with it? I'm tempted to get the base game but will absolutely drop the extra £10 on the deluxe version if it is still included.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
So after grabbing initally Moonlighter, CTR and Dark Souls, i also grabbed Fifa 20, Yakuza 0 and assassin's creed Odyssey yesterday.

And now I'm considering AC7 ... i really don't know when to play all these games.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
And of course Tetris Effect still doesn't get a good deal. That's a shame.

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
After grabbing Death stranding (still playing days later!) bit the bullet and bought Detroit: Become Human : Day's gone ..heh seems like i'm subsequently making my PS the console for exclusives, and keeping my XoX for all the rest

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Well this is my Christmas shopping list. I just hope the PS3 holds out long enough for me to finish them all. DualShock 3 is already creaking at the seams so going to try using DS4.

aeOkt7E.png

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Well I ended up purchasing Erica and Windjammers, shouldn't really impact my back log since one is a sports title I mainly bought for quick coop sessions and other is a short fmv game that I had my eye on for a while.

How is Sayonara Wild Hearts? Gameplay and length wise.

I loved Sayonara Wild Hearts.

It only lasts an hour and you're typically only controlling the characters movement with left stick while combat is performed by timed button presses.

It's a score attack game, bronze, silver and gold ranks, there are hidden things to find and do in the levels, when you beat it first time you unlock a mode that lets you play without interruption + there's a harder difficulty to unlock too.

While you are always doing the same two things the game does a good job making every new stage feel different.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I loved Sayonara Wild Hearts.

It only lasts an hour and you're typically only controlling the characters movement with left stick while combat is performed by timed button presses.

It's a score attack game, bronze, silver and gold ranks, there are hidden things to find and do in the levels, when you beat it first time you unlock a mode that lets you play without interruption + there's a harder difficulty to unlock too.

While you are always doing the same two things the game does a good job making every new stage feel different.

Unfortunately I missed the sale on it but after watching a few reviews and the fact the game was still under a tenner I bought it, played it and finished it today.

As someone who loves retrowave and vaporwave aesthetic and music this game was simply amazing. Perfect length as well because as I said in my last comment I really don't wanna buy games that will feel heavy on my back log.

Oct 27, 2017
Umming and ahhing between DB FighterZ and Ace Combat 7. Not hugely into either genre, just hoping to find something to tide me over the Christmas period. Would prefer Outer Worlds, but knowing it's available for £30 physically means I'm less prepared to spend on it digitally.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if this has been answered before, but can confirm that Ace Combat 7 Deluxe included Squadron Leader. Bought it on EU PSN (NL). Both downloading now:)

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got a ton of PSN credit for Xmas so pulled the trigger on Assassin's Creed Origins and Senran Kagura Estival Versus

The latter is a bit of a risk but the gameplay looks like something I'd enjoy it, so hopefully it's decent, if not, at least it was cheap

I got the base game of Origins and then got the two main DLC packs on top of that, since the combined price doing that was a fiver cheaper than the Gold Edition

I'm downloading the game and DLC packs now. I assume they'll just install automatically and I won't need to activate them in the game or anything?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I got a ton of PSN credit for Xmas so pulled the trigger on Assassin's Creed Origins and Senran Kagura Estival Versus

The latter is a bit of a risk but the gameplay looks like something I'd enjoy it, so hopefully it's decent, if not, at least it was cheap

I got the base game of Origins and then got the two main DLC packs on top of that, since the combined price doing that was a fiver cheaper than the Gold Edition

I'm downloading the game and DLC packs now. I assume they'll just install automatically and I won't need to activate them in the game or anything?
That's correct. Once downloaded, DLC will install automatically, in the same way that base game content and patches do.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Bit disappointed with the Prince of Persia port on PS3. Only runs at 720p and suffers from crashing if the PS3 is doing a background download! Oh those were the days.